Announcement and Chapter 16
1.1k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dean stood next to the bed. He had come a few times and each time he was pretty heavy hearted when he saw Jason. His body seemed to be fine and healed rather well in the past month but he was not waking up.

Luckily the doctors said that his brain was still especially active and nothing was wrong with his mind. In theory he should wake up anytime but for some reason he wasn't.

Eventually after just looking at him for a bit he left. Shortly after a man wearing a suit entered the room.

After looking hesitantly around the room he took out a phone and took pictures of Jason. After that, he took out a small needle and took blood from Jason.

Then he left the room, his phone started ringing, he quickly answered it once he saw the name on the phone.

"Sir, there is nothing off about him, he seems like a normal kid."

"No matter if he is normal or not just make sure you have done what you were tasked to do."

"Sir, with all due respect, why do we need the blood of someone in a coma?"

"Head back here with his blood, and you know what happens when you question orders."

"Yes sir"

The man said firmly before he put down his phone with a light sigh.

After getting into a car and driving away he eventually entered a hospital. After showing his ID a nurse took him to a door and then simply left.

Entering the room showed that it was actually not a room at all and instead a strange room with a door with an ID and eye scanner.

Taking out a different ID that was pure black and putting it into the slot and putting his eye near the scanner the door opened making no sound while doing so.

Putting his ID back into his pocket after going through the door he pressed a button and the elevator went down soundlessly.

Eventually, the door opened at a new floor and a man was waiting for him. Taking out the syringe from his pocket and handing it to the man he grabbed a person walking around and spoke to him.

"You, bring this to Room 16 as soon as possible."

"Yes sir."

"Dave, follow me."

"Yes sir."

As Dave followed him silently they passed quite a few rooms and eventually entered a room with a bunch of people in it.

Closing the door Dave stood behind the man he followed instead of sitting down.

"Is this the one who you will assign to him?"

"Yes, he is young enough to pass as an older student."

While Dave had a brief look of confusion he quickly covered it up.

"Dave, look at this"

The man handed him a tablet with an opened file on it. Taking it and reading the title it was labelled 'Anomaly 34946'.

A video was shown at the top, playing it had no sound but it showed the man who he took blood from earlier. Without showing any reaction to that he quickly had a stunned look on his face.

The man who was behind him suddenly disappeared. No flash of light, no strange warping of space or vision. Just silent disappearance.

Then the one standing in front of him rushed at him and stabbed him, then he too disappeared just like the previous man behind him.

Clearly shaken, the man quickly fumbled with his phone and failed a few times to open it. After calling a number he spoke one sentence before falling onto the ground.

After that, the video ended and Dave looked up to everyone looking at him expectantly. Clearing his throat he spoke clearly.

"This is strange and deserves observation." Dave said lightly.

"We thought the same thing, the real question is, where did those two go? Looking through many databases and even questioning other countries we found that they simply disappeared." Spoke one of the men at the table.

"How?" Dave asked as he was very curious.

"That is the question isn't it?" Another one said with a sigh.

"Hopefully, his blood will show something interesting, but after we looked at his brain scans from the hospital he is staying in, nothing seems off." Spoke the man who Dave gave the blood to.

"We also did a brief look at his history but nothing is off, nothing strangely disappearing or other suspicious events. He seems like a normal college student." Said another.

"Dave, you are going to be assigned to get close to him, once you do, try to figure out what happened." Spoke the man who brought Dave there.

"How will I get close to him when he is in a coma?" Dave said.

"Well, you will be going into his classes and getting close with those who are close to him. You need to get to know him from there. If he wakes up, then you will already have a head start when it comes to getting close to him through mutual friends." He explained.

Dave nodded, he was truly curious about what happened. Looking at the paused video which had him on the ground with no one else near him really did make him eager to find out what happened.

Handing the tablet he was hold back to the man, he was handed another tablet with multiple names, locations, and many notes on the side of it.

"Make sure you study up, this will not be any mission like you have previously taken. I know for a fact you were previously an agent in the battlefield, however, you were by far the best candidate. Now go." Spoke the man as he then shooed him away.

Dave walked out and then closed the door. Reading the tablet closely he found that he didn't really have many friends. He only saw one majorly important person to get close to.

As he read the name, he carefully memorized it and softly spoke it.

"Dean Chesterton"

Behind him, the door closed and a single, plain, line was listed across the door.

'Sector 37'

I am having a bit of life issues so I won't be able to write as much. I am also going to take a break from writing in general so I can get some inspiration because I have basically been free writing with a very loose idea of what is going to happen next. Most likely this break will last a month or a bit longer and by then both the things going on for me should have passed and I should be full of ideas. 

This is not however, me dropping the story whatsoever. I think this has a really good idea going for it and I have a couple ideas but I really want to collect what I have written and plan ahead for once. Hopefully, this means that the chapters will be of higher quality once I come back.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day or night or whatever time it is for you. Sorry about the short chapter but I am pretty burnt out to be honest.

Also, once I come back, I will close the polls and decide about where the story will go next.

29