Chapter 17
1k 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait... I feel like I am forgetting something."

I muttered as I had a thoughtful look on my face. Then, bolting upward I yelled out.

"Oh yeah! Those guys who put me in a coma!"

I spoke with a rather angry voice. Originally, the plan was to have them teach the advanced civilization how to communicate so I could learn the technologies but now they were useless since I learned how to speak through intent.

Teleporting to the advanced civilization I noticed them having massive homes and I had a smirk. The main reason I wanted them happy was so that they would willing talk to the aliens.

Seemingly it worked, as I heard english coming from machines that were attached to the octopus like creatures. Finally deciding to give them a punishment since I didn't need them any longer.

I went a ways away and created a space with an unbreakable barrier, it was rather small, only the size of Earth. I checked on their bodies and I was happy to find that they made themselves immune to space so they could go without any protection.

Teleporting them without any warning I put them into the pitch black area I created and then turned away. Whatever happened now was not my problem, if I ever got bored, then I would check back on them.

However, I thought that it wouldn't happen for quite a bit since I was rather angry, the only reason I held it in was so they could teach the advanced civilization how to talk.

Once again, making the platform outside the city they quickly came out, this time with many machines. I teleported those they stayed out.

"Hello, grand one."

"Grand one eh?"

"Are you dissatisfied with our title for you?"

They said that sentence rather quickly and it seemed like they were quite afraid of me.

"It's fine, I am glad you learned how to speak my language."

"So, what do you desire, grand one?"

"Technology mostly."

"We are happy to give you everything we know."

"So, you mean you want something after you give me everything?"

"No! We don't dare ask anything from you!"

Quickly responding to my sarcastic remark they spoke rather hurriedly.

"Fine, I will give a gift to one member of your species."

"May we know what the gift is?"

"You will know when I give it."

"Understood, how should we go about giving you all our technology?"

Internally I was quite surprised since they seemed rather open to it. I was fully expecting them to try to slow the process down but I realized if I was facing a being that could instantly destroy everything I ever knew I would be rather compliant as well.

"You have computers?"

"We have neural interfaces, we saw what those computers from the two divine beings-"

"Divine beings?"

I interrupted, I was not happy with them being revered.

"Yes, they had your blessings and a slight amount of your power-"

"They are not divine beings, never refer to them as such."

Realizing I got a bit heated I was speaking with quite a bit of venom. I didn't realize how angry I really was with them. The creatures seemed rather stunned and quite afraid.

"Forget it, can you make a computer?"

They quickly nodded and I was a bit shocked since nodding would make no sense for them but I guess they gained it from interacting with those two.

I teleported them back and I made a chair to sit on while I waited. After around 10 minutes they rushed out with a thing that looked like a tablet.

Bringing them back they handed me the device. Well, rather than handed it more of passed using their tentacles.

Holding it, I realized it had a bunch of english words on it. It sort of bugged me that they had literally everything explained but I had to admit it was quite useful.

What was a bit weird was that the device was basically weightless. Looking around I realized it had things like apps and the like.

Then, I saw something shocking, it was a photo album with countless pages. Separated by videos and photos, clicking on the photos I was shocked to find not the creatures I was expecting but pictures of space that were shockingly high detailed.

Looking through them I was rather satisfied and I looked at the videos. Once again, shocking scenes of planets smashing into other planets, and even into other stars. It seemed like it was sped up quite a bit but it was quite a sight to behold.

There were quite a few other stellar events that were rather interesting. Skimming through a bunch I realized that there seemed to be endless. I swiped down and it didn't stop, sadly, I couldn't see a page icon but on the screen there was at least 25 videos of different things.

The device itself was rather user friendly and I liked it quite a bit. Turning my head to the creatures who awaiting my response I asked them a question.

"Does your species have a name?"

"We call ourselves Cyin grand one."

"Alright, do you understand math?"

"From those you sent us they showed us basic numbers and we converted our equations to your base 10 number system."

"Good, your species can have one wish. As long as it is not too overboard."

"What do you mean?"

"Immortality, being able to destroy planets with a single punch, all that is easily within the scope, just come up with a wish."

I shooed them away and teleported them back to the entrance and I kept messing around on the device. Honestly, I was really liking the layout and it was very interesting. 

Curious if it had all this on the device or if it was connecting to some outside source I created a barrier around the device which completely sealed it in basically another universe.

I had expected it a bit but most of the things I was looking at suddenly became unresponsive and would simply not work. 

The strangest thing was that the pictures and videos still seemed to work fine. I decided just to watch some of the videos on the device and I found something shocking.

There were numerous videos of them invading planets and building massive structures either on planets or out of planets in a folder named 'Colonization'.

Watching them I was shocked to find they actually encountered life a few times and would typically enslave the race or just exterminate them. 

Glancing at the city I realized it was obvious for them to take over planets even if there was other life on planets. As a galactic civilization it was in their best interests to benefit themselves.

There were mostly unintelligent creatures but I saw a few using tools out of wood or stone. There was a lot of slaughter and I decided to look at something else.

Another folder caught my eye, called 'Anomalies'. Opening it showed only 4 videos. Looking at the first one it showed a shadowy figure seemingly looking down right at the camera, and then the video ended.

What was strange was that the resolution around the figure was very distorted. I was honestly intrigued but I wanted to see the other videos.

The other 3 videos were all generally the same thing, a shadowy, unrecognizable figure looking around before disappearing. 

It was annoying that there was nothing like a timestamp, just videos in folders. Going out and just browsing the others I noticed that the Cyin had come out, this time there was a new one.

Bringing them back up one of them spoke.

"Grand one, this is the one who will be asking the wish."

"Alright, shoot."

"Shoot?"

"It is just a phrase, state the wish."

The new Cyin came forward and lowered itself a bit before speaking.

"The wish is for the power to alter."

"What a vague wish, since I am not trying to skim you on it like a genie would, enjoy the power of telekinesis."

I granted the power I had given before but I made it weaker overall but far more precise. I thought that they would benefit from having a more precise power rather than a general power.

Instantly the creature seemed to notice something and suddenly a rock appeared out of nothing and flew at them. Quickly, the rock froze before it him them and simply floated there, motionless.

The Cyin looked in shock at the rock and it slowly deconstructed, turning into a fine powder.

Giving a grin I then heard one of the other Cyin speak.

"Grand one, we noticed the device was not working properly, may we take a look at it to fix it?"

"Oh, that, don't worry about it."

I said as I took down the barrier around the device, quickly, they seemed to be listening to something and then made a nod before backing away.

Asking them to show me their math formulas that were related to the universe they showed me a very large amount of math. It was still vaguely recognizable since they used numerous variables but I saw strange symbols that seemed to mean something other than variables.

Eventually after going through a couple I let out a sigh and closed it. It was very confusing and made little sense to me. 

While I was messing around I had an idea. I wondered what exactly they could show me what I could make given limited materials.

Going to the house I made I created duplicates of the computer and alarm clock. Going back I saw them waiting patiently. I remembered that the Cyin I gave powers to must be eager to share it with other Cyin.

Teleporting the one Cyin back I saw the remaining Cyin interested in the object floating around me.

"I want you to make something interesting out of these devices, as of right now, use anything. Make something useful. Weapons, calculators, anything that has a good use."

Creating more duplicates I gave them the duplicates and right before I teleported them away one of them spoke up.

"Wait, grand one, if it is just this then there is no need for us to bring them somewhere."

The Cyin that spoke took out a small device that looked like a button and pointed the center at the alarm clock. While nothing happened visually, I could sense a sort of scan go over the alarm clock.

Moving the button device over to the computer another scan went through. Then the Cyin spoke again.

"Out of just these materials we could make pretty much anything. Since anything is allowed, we could easily use fusion and fission devices to change their atomic makeup to whatever we needed. The energy used would be wasteful but it can be almost anything."

Giving them a blank stare I was one again reminded that they had technologies incredibly far ahead of anything humans had. Of course they could just change the atoms of the computer and alarm clock to anything using fusion or fission. 

Letting out a sigh I rephrased my request.

"Fine, using only these tools."

I created a few basic tools off of the top of my head, a hammer, screwdriver, and pliers. They once again scanned the tools with the devices and this time they gave a different response.

"Well, using just those tools, the list is very hampered, how much access to heating and cooling the materials?"

Making some floating water I froze it and I created some coal and heated it up so it would burn.

"Roughly this high and low, the low would be using the ice for cooling, the heat coming off of the top of the coal would be used for heating."

"The tools can also be used on these right?"

"Yes."

"Given those circumstances the amount of things you could make are limited but still quite a lot. Any preference for the product?"

"A weapon."

"One use or multiple uses?"

"One use maximum destruction."

"Following all restrictions through these steps you could make this explosive."

They sent something to the device I was holding and I looked it over. It had incredibly detailed descriptions of what the steps would be and there was a lot of heating and cooling. Reading through them there were around 200 steps.

Seeing the final product in a simulation and I tried to materialize it. I felt a sort of connection to the device and the explosive suddenly appeared in my hand. It was quite small, about half the size of a closed fist.

When they saw me holding it they had a brief surprise but quickly went back to neutral. I threw it at the ground and sure enough there was a big explosion. I made it roughly isolated but I was shocked to find it seemed quite like the c4 from the video games I played.

"This is going to be interesting."

I said with a grin on my face. Numerous ideas appeared into my mind as I thought about what I could do once I got back to reality.

However, the moment I thought about reality I suddenly was hit with a reminder that I was trapped in my universe. My eyes dimmed a bit and I looked up toward the sky which was slightly reddish blue.

"When will I go back to reality?"

I have been having quite a tough month and I honestly don't see it getting any better. I am sad to say that I will have significantly less time to work on chapters than before. However, this is not me dropping it whatsoever but the release schedule will probably be one chapter every week to 2 weeks. One again, apologies for the longer release schedule but I have had some personal issues and I don't have as much time to dedicate to writing.

Oh yeah, as you have probably guessed if you read the chapter, the high tech civ happened to win in the poll on chapter 15. I deleted it but on royalroad and scribblehub combined, it was the winner. 

23