Chapter 20
1.1k 17 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The barrier which had started moving closer to my universe suddenly felt very strange. Instead of the solid barrier it was like there were holes in it. I quickly tried to go through it and I suddenly felt like I was tearing myself apart. I could suddenly hear better in reality but I could still feel my mind being pushed back to my universe even though I tried going through the barrier.

The barrier suddenly started getting stronger and having fewer holes in it. I could feel my body in reality but it was very strange. I heard numerous people yelling around me and I felt a strange dissonance between my body in reality and my mind which was trapped in my universe.

After the barrier sealed back up and felt nearly impossible to go through I suddenly heard a voice which I had not heard in a long time. Deep in my mind, I heard the voice guiding me on how to control my body in reality. Somehow, it was like I was controlling an avatar, yet it was like trying to control it on a keyboard that was a language I didn't speak.

Doing strange and unfamiliar movements and using muscles I had never had to consciously control, following the voices suggestions, I slowly started to stabilize in reality. However, it felt like I was trying to see things through a kaleidoscope. For the first few days, it took my entire focus to keep my body alive, I had to follow the voice as it was the main thing keeping me alive. Strangely enough, I didn't feel any tiredness.

After a week, I had gradually gotten the hang of using my body in reality. I had also discovered the hard way that if I tried to make an avatar in my universe, my body in reality would quickly deteriorate. The voice kept popping up and giving advice on what I was doing but it was gradually giving less and less advice.

After two weeks of this high intensity control, I had tried to open my eyes and it was very strange. I couldn't speak, when I tried, all I could do was move my mouth. Trying to control my voice took much more focus that I would have thought and it seemed to cause my entire body to start dying due to my lack of focus.

Keeping my body alive took around half of my attention at any given time. Dean came numerous times to speak to me after he was told that I could open my eyes. Even though I didn't respond, he still spoke quite often and brought numerous people. Controlling my eyes gave me a shock, I could control how much my eyes focused and took in light. I had previously needed glasses but I managed to adjust my eyes in such a way that made my vision way better.

Dean also made a new friend, he seemed older than us by a bit but Dean said that he was really cool and that once I got better we three should hang out. His name was Danny but I felt a strange sense of unease whenever he spoke.

It was very strange, it seemed like my mind was in my universe while my body was being remote controlled by my mind in my universe. Thinking about it further, it made sense since my mind didn't seem to inhabit a brain, instead, it was a floating consciousness. Or at least that is what it seemed like. Now that my mind wasn't in my body, it didn't have all the hard wiring of the brain to automate most of staying alive.

This made me super curious if I could adjust the chemicals in my body to a certain degree but at the moment I was quite occupied with just maintaining my body. A few days passed and I eventually tried controlling my limbs. Moving my arms first, a nurse and doctor came in to talk to me, but all I could do was awkwardly point at my mouth and shake my head.

They put me into rehabilitation and tried having me learn to control my muscles. Their treatments didn't do much since it was me learning how to better control my body. It seemed like no matter how much I tried, I couldn't speak, the amount of precise control it took was insane and every time I tried it led to me collapsing and having numerous problems.

By far however, the most uncomfortable feeling was going to the bathroom. I had a male nurse help me and I hated it because it also took quite a lot of control to just do seemingly simple tasks like taking a dump and peeing. I also accidentally broke a finger.

I was getting used to my muscles by using a small amount of control and adding some until it seemed normal but I wondered how much I could make my body move. I swung my hand at an empty cup I had and I ended up breaking my pointer finger and hurting a lot of muscles in my arm. The voice, which had significantly dropped off on its advice came to help me in full force. I had no idea how to repair an injury but the voice helped me make a complete recovery significantly faster than natural healing.

In only two days I had managed to heal my broken finger and made the bones perfectly. The muscles in my arms were healing as well and I tried to break down muscles in my other arm and then accelerated the healing on them. Over the course of a week, all my muscles seemed to grow significantly and I was much stronger.

They also decided to try to teach me sign language as I still couldn't speak no matter how much better I got at controlling my body. However, it seemed like my mind was very good at memorizing things as I learned sign language at an insane rate.

Every time I was shown a hand sign, I could instantly remember it. Out of curiosity, I tried looking up different languages online. It seemed exactly the same as when I was learning sign language, anything I saw seemed to be instantly engraved in my mind.

After a month of rehab, I was finally able to walk normally and I walked out of the hospital. I had to catch up on quite a lot of schoolwork. Luckily, with my new photographic memory, I easily did everything until I got to english. English was like normal since my memory didn't really help my writing skills.

Going back to my normal rate was a bit annoying since I was starting to get used to doing all my work super quickly. It also became rather clear very quickly that my body seemed to have lost the need to sleep. When I finally brought my body to the bed. I realized that sleeping was a rather pointless task.

There was no point, I had to keep doing the things that kept my body alive, so instead I tried to focus on my universe while also keeping my body alive. It proved difficult and making things in my universe strained my mind. I had completely lost the ability to control avatars made in my universe since any time I tried, my body in reality quickly started dying.

I noticed the system almost entirely encompassed the universe. I didn't notice that time was being sped up while I was practicing controlling my body. I tried to speak to the system from a certain point in space and a box appeared in front of the area I spoke from.

Hello Creator! I am Overseer, may I ask where you currently are?

"I cannot appear in front of you right now. However, I need to ask how long I have been gone?"

According to the Godspeak language's unit of time it has been around 434,822 years since you last appeared

"I will talk to you soon, give me a few minutes"

Wow. That was... a lot. I needed to check in on a few people. Moving over to Creator who had long ran out of the endless supply of power seemed to discover a way to harness power from faith. He used his power much more sparingly and in his bubble there were countless floating structures and beings that looked completely foreign.

Originally just a few planets around a star, it seemed like gravity was negated as there were numerous planets bridged together through with silver bridges that connected the planets together. There were many wars happening all around the planets with rockmen fighting on the ground, a decent amount in the sky, and then a few above the planet. The higher up rockmen were fighting, seemingly the stronger they got. Creator was also inside the star, seemingly absorbing the power of faith.

The only reason I discovered how it was faith was through seeing the power shoot at him which came from the souls of rockmen. It was strange as the power was unlike soul energy and it was a strange sort of power that seemed to be harder than normal to discover.

Moving away, I went over to Amy and I saw her typing in the air and I realized she was probably using the system. Changing my vision to see the system I saw many panels appearing in front of her. There seemed to be a messaging system as well as a few panels overviewing what seemed to be a species menu.

Amy looked slightly different. She seemed to be slightly older appearance wise but all around her there was a sort of aura that seemed to cause others to be respectful to her. I was a bit shocked as I found countless elves all over a huge area taking up around 1/1000th of the entire universe.

While seemingly small, it was an absurdly large number, but I supposed it made sense given her support. Going over to Rose revealed a huge shock to me. She stood completely still before an empty throne in a floating temple in the middle of empty space. Except that wasn't the shocking thing, the system seemed to be repelled from her and it's power never got close to the temple. Instead, there was a massive bubble around the temple that simply had no system.

There were also strange beings with no face appearing and disappearing, seemingly talking to each other before disappearing. Following one of them, I was shocked to find that they seemed to repel the system wherever they were. Suddenly, I remembered a being I had forgotten about.

Quickly looking for the only being in existence that was created from the body of an avatar I inhabited I was shocked to see a being whose power was even above Amy and Creator combined at their peaks. His form remained humanoid but his entire body was covered in darkness which occasionally spiked outward, sometimes a few inches, sometimes a few feet. The system also had a noticeable difference to it. The soul energy in the system was gone, only the raw energy which slowly moved through space existed.

Seemingly drifting through space, unmoving. It was really in the middle of nowhere, very far from any galaxy, it made me wonder how it got here and what happened to the beastfolk world. However, I needed to deal with the creature now. I had long forgotten about it but this time I was dealing with it now.

It seemed like soul energy was flowing towards the being through the system. Quickly, I created a barrier, which luckily I could still do. The being rushed at the barrier and shockingly destroyed it with raw power. The soul energy which was previously flowing turn into a surge that compressed into the being significantly faster.

Making another barrier I put much more power into it and a massive crack appeared across the barrier as the body of the being seemed to dim significantly. Luckily, it seemed like it was a one time super hit as once I strengthened the barrier, the beings hits were far weaker.

Sending a single line to it I asked it the question I asked long ago.

"Who are you?"

Shocked, the creature shuddered and just sent a wave of intent through the barrier to communicate.

"I don't know. Who are you?"

"I see you still remember"

"Yes, are you the one who created me?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"As an experiment"

This greatly angered the creature which started hitting the barrier rhythmically.

"Why do you hit the barrier if you know you cannot escape?"

"Why did you make me like this?"

"Like what?"

"Destructive! Dark!" The being roared.

The outburst shocked me as for some reason it didn't really hit me that this was an ancient creature that had lived for a significant amount of time.

"I can't even die! Ever since that thing appeared across the universe, I always end up killing it! Everything I come near dies! You made me a cursed being!"

"I remember you hungered for strength. Do you not have it?"

"What is the point of limitless strength should you not be able to speak to anyone with it. You created me with a curse of forever being alone."

The creature seemed to have evolved in a way I could have never predicted.

"I tried to control my power, but every time I hold back that desire to destroy, it hurts me on a fundamental level."

"What if I created a place where you won't hurt or want to destroy?"

22