KxMM – Chapter 10: Consequences and More Fighting
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Madoka woke up, and realized that she and her alternate universe counterpart were standing, apparently completely free, in the middle of the sky, above the dark-gray clouds that surrounded Mitakihara City. But upon closer inspection, AKA trying to take a step forward, she realized that she couldn’t move from her spot. Dammit. Also, Kiiko and Aaya, both floating in the sky as well, were right in front of the two Madokas.

She really wanted to take a swig right now…

Also, she realized at this exact moment that Shinigamidoka was still only sixteen or seventeen years old. That was… really weird. They warped to an alternate universe, not time travelled. Why did they end up almost a decade in the past? Maybe it had something to do with Homura’s time warps that were apparently real in this universe, unlike her own? That seemed like the rational explanation, which was much less likely than the occam’s razor explanation that it was just some unexplainable bullshit that led this to happen.

“I want an explanation for this,” Kiiko said.

“Why we have such a big age gap?” Madoka asked, forgetting that her inner thoughts weren’t also part of the dialogue.

“I want to know why there are two Madoka Kanames,” she said.

Aaya, who had a large bruise on her forehead from when Madoka knocked her out, stepped behind Kiiko and put her hands on her shoulders. “That other Madoka, the one with the sombrero? She’s from a different universe. She said as much to me earlier.”

“Did not!”

“She brought multiple copies of several of these pesky magical girls, possibly to help defeat the others. I don’t know why. But you can have lots of fun with them, can’t you?” Aaya pecked her on the cheek.

“Maybe,” Kiiko said. “I do feel like having a bit of fun.” She snapped her fingers, and Aaya began falling through the invisible floor, plummeting to the Earth.

Shinigamidoka looked at Madoka with horror. “Why are you even here?” she asked the woman.

“Long story. A very long, very dumb story.”

After a minute had passed, Kiiko snapped her fingers again, and Aaya appeared back where she previously stood, by Kiiko’s side. She breathed heavily and collapsed onto the transparent floor on her knees.

“I want to know everything about this ‘alternate universe’ situation,” Kiiko said. “Please tell me, or I will destroy everything both of you have ever known. I may do it anyway. I may already have for you, Shinigamidoka.”

Shinigamidoka almost instantly started crying. Madoka felt really bad for her, as if she-- Yep, Madoka started crying too. It was completely unavoidable. In no universe was Madoka Kaname able to prevent herself from crying near-constantly. It was a universal constant, much like John Cusack.

“Well then, let’s get started. Talk.”

0