KxMM – Chapter 23 – Chapter 1: Epilogue, Part One
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

EPILOGUE

“Asuka Langley Soryuu Miki may not have been an original Madoka Magica character,” Sayaka began, standing over her dead wife’s casket. “But she was an amazing woman and I am happy to have called her my wife. We met under the most strange circumstances, and we were married just the same. I guess it’s fitting to say that our child is going to be born under the same strange circumstances. Strangeness seems like a good fit for the Miki family.”

She stepped away from the crowd and tried not to cry again. She succeeded. She knew that Asuka went out the way she wanted-- as a hero. She made the ultimate sacrifice and because of her, the world was now safe from the scourge that was Kiiko Kawakami.

It was just… going to be a little quieter around the house for a few more months…

***

Madoka and Kyoko sat on their front porch, both of them on rocking chairs. The porch was on the second floor of their fort, though, so it was also kind of dangerous to be doing this.

“Do you want to renew our vows?” Madoka asked.

Kyoko looked at her with a raised eyebrow. “What?”

“Like, we kind of strained our relationship a little. Maybe we should do a ceremony to recommit or something.” Madoka was pretty sure she knew where she was going with this.

“Absolutely not, Kyoko said. “Our relationship was never ‘strained’. I love you, and you love me, and that’s the end of all of that.” She leaned over and kissed her.

“Well… I do think we deserve another giant wedding cake,” Madoka said.

“No more weddings ever,” Kyoko said. “Nothing of the sort.”

“Speaking of, I got a card from Nagisa and El Guante.” Madoka handed it over. “Never knew his name was literally Santa Anna after all. But yeah... Do you want to… go…?”

Kyoko sighed.

0