KxMM – Chapter 23 – Chapter 3: Epilogue, Part Three
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sheriff Madoka Kaname and Vice-Sheriff Nagisa Anna walked down a dark hallway. Madoka paced with her arms behind her back like an imperial officer or something.

“After we analyzed the Battle of Mexico City, we found the central ineffectiveness that our magical girl trainee system had,” Madoka said. “But you know all this. I’m just telling the audience so they can be caught up.”

“Of course, of course,” the super-tall woman said, with no regard to just how much taller than she was than most any other Japanese woman.

“And, as you and I know but the readers don’t, we simply don’t have the power set to deal with omega-level threats, much less Hamlet Omega-level threats.”

“That was a good pun, Miss Kaname!”

“Thank you.”

Madoka came up to a keypad and punched some numbers in. “From the advice and inspiration of the late Asuka Langley Soryuu Miiki, we have come up with the perfect plan to augment our power set.”

They were now in a large hangar room of some sort. A dark-skinned man in a military outfit stood in front of them, hands behind his back as well.

Madoka walked up to him and bowed. “It’s nice to meet you,” she said.

He bowed in return. “Thank you.” He took Nagisa’s hand and kissed it. “I am Stacker Pentecost,” he said. “Director of the Karyuudo program. And I’m here to present you with the first prototype.”

He clapped twice, and a massive tarp slipped off behind them, revealing a gigantic mecha robot. It was pink and had a sombrero to match,

“It’s beautiful,” Madoka said.

“Wow,” Nagisa said.

“I guess we’re going to have to expand past being the protectors of Mexico,” Madoka said. “How about…”

“The world?”

“No,” she said. “Maybe just the Caribbean Sea for now.”

“Oh. Still fun!” Nagisa gave a thumbs up.

Stacker Pentecost nodded and turned to gaze at the mecha, just as Madoka and Nagisa were doing.

The music swelled and the scene faded out-- the credits began to roll.

THE END!

TO BE CONTINUED IN: CARIBBEAN RIM!

0