Hajime – Chapter 6: The Aftermath of a Pretty Weird Battle
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half of the city had been destroyed.

Julia had been hurt by debris, her clothes ripped up in the midst of the battle.

But the Furry Forces had been defeated.

And she was happy.

Not long after the battle had settled, the Magical Girl Squad began to assist in the cleanup efforts, using their powers to move toppled cars off the sidewalks and to heal the injured, among other things.

It was like something out of a dream.

She had known well of the exploits of Sheriff Kaname and her team that had safeguarded Mexico for over a decade, and recently expanded their scope to encompass all of the Caribbean Sea. They were true heroes.

While Julia could never quite figure out why a group of Japanese women with multi-colored hair would be Mexico’s protectors in the first place, she was very glad that they were. Their giant mecha was parked outside the city and currently shone over it like a pink beacon of hope.

In a better world, nobody would need these protectors.

But it was not a better world yet.

“Hey, it will be someday,” a familiar voice said.

Sheriff Kaname herself.

“The look on your face is definitely saying, ‘I’m contemplating the overall value of things, wondering if the world will ever get better and if there’s any place for me in it.’ Am I wrong?”

Julia said nothing.

“Well, we aren’t accepting anymore teenage recruits, which is ironic as it is hypocritical, but.. I see that spark in you. The same one that brought me all the way to where I am today. So... maybe one day, if you’re willing... Well, you’ll know what to do. Just never lose that.” She pointed to Julia’s hand, which still held the glowing medallion given to her before.

Sheriff Kaname left to continue helping elsewhere, but her words remained.

Julia wasn’t weak.

Nobody was, if they tried as their true selves.

Well, except for Sayaka, who was currently juggling her swords to impress the kids.

 

終わり

0