2.
246 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Ren couldn't get Yvette out her mind.
 
 
He acted like a freak, breaking antique glasses, smashing expensive things because his ego was hurt or maybe just for the aesthetics of being a billionaire.
 
 
"Agh!! ..how dare she reject me like that?"
 
"just a stripper, still dare to act so arrogantly?!"
 
 
He kinda went nuts. We cannot blame him for that, can we? After all, he was stuck in the room, shouting like a halfwit for an hour.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
The world is a weird place, it brings what you want when you least expect it.
 
 
He was checking the resumes of people who applied for being his personal secretary that his eyes fell on Yvette's.
 
 
"send everyone back and ask her to come in for a personal interview" Ren ordered his manager.
 
.
 
She entered his cabin. He was sitting with his legs crossed, arms resting on the chair handles regally, feisty eyes eager for her arrival. Her throat dried as she viewed him top to bottom, his biceps boutta burst through his oxford blue full-sleeved shirt, his sturdy 180cm physique making her drool on the spot and not to forget his sculptured face with radiant skin.
 
 
 
She herself was dressed up in a white knee-length one-piece. Her silky-long hairs dangling till the waist, a subtle pink rouge surrounding the apple of her cheeks and a light orange tint on her lips, she looked like a heavenly angel.
 
 
 
Gulping her saliva, she re-composed herself and strutted towards him equamaniously.
 
 
 
She leaned in with a peck on his lips, backing off hastily afterward.
 
 
He stood up and walked towards her hubristically, she started stepping backward but soon hit the wall.
 
 
Before she could even respond he slapped her hard, hard enough to make her tremble.
 
 
 
"Is it a joke to you? I sincerely confessed but you made a fool out of me?!" he said in a voice full of resentment.
 
 
 
She clenched her fists in anger but ended up admitting it was her fault, to begin with.
 
 
 
"Why aren't you saying anything now? Now you know your place? Fxcking stripper and dare to apply in my company! " he shouted at her.
 
 
 
A dismal expression captured her face.
 
 
 
He cupped Yvette's jaw, forcing her to look at him. Tears forming around the corner of her eyes made his heart ache.
 
 
 
She pushed him away, jerking off his hands.
 
 
 
"you-" he grabbed her by the waist,  pulling her back towards him.
 
 
 
She fell on him, stumbling on her 4-inch stilettos. With her hands on his chest, she felt his heartbeat skyrocketing.
 
 
 
A bashful blush mantled his cheeks, their faces barely a few centimeters apart. She tried to get up. To her surprise, he pulled her and went in with a forced kiss which soon turned into a passionate, mutual one.
 
 
They parted gasping. Taking advantage of the situation she got up. He too stood up, tidying his clothes.
 
 
 
"I'm very sorry for my impudence. I shouldn't have made fun of you like that. Also, I'm not a stripper, it was a bet with my friends.  I promise that I won't ever show up in front of you again" she bowed down respectfully and rushed outside.
 
 
 
He was once again stunned by her.
 
 
 
"did I really misunderstand her?" he wondered.
 
 
 
He peeked from his cabin's window as she walked through the footpath and entered a Porsche. Ren didn't expect her to be so well off and asked his manager to investigate Yvette.
 
 
 
The report claimed her to be the only daughter of Yin family, the 3rd most powerful in the country.
 
 
 
"Obviously she isn't a stripper, why in the world she would be short of money!" (note his sarcasm)
 
 
 
He also learned that she had a double master's degree in financial management and a post-graduation in business administration. She knew 6 languages including English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Hindi, and French. He was
amazed by her qualifications.
 
 
 
Remembering her watery-eyes and swollen cheek, he found himself in distress.
 
 
 
"she must be hating me" he scratched his head in frustration.
 
 
 
He found Yvette's phone number on the resume and called her.
 
 
.
 
 
" Hello, who's this? " she asked in a gentle tone.
 
 
 
Caught off-guard by her silvery voice, he hesitated a bit.
 
 
 
"R-Ren.."
 
 
*toot* *toot*
 
 
She cut the phone.
He called again, she declined it.
The third time, she blacklisted him.
 
 
 
"Yvettee!!!!" he screeched in anger.
 
 
 
.
 
 
Without wasting a minute, Ren went straight to her house. Their parents were close friends. He knew they had a daughter but never saw her as she was in Seoul (South Korea) for her higher education.
 
 
 
He greeted her parents.
 
 
 
"Ren, how are you son? it's been a long time~" Yvette's mother asked, caressing his head. She treated him like her own son.
 
 
 
"I'm fine Uncle and Auntie, there's a lot of pressure on the company these days... to maintain a nice reputation I have to work even harder" he answered sincerely.
 
 
 
"Keep it up son, we're proud of you!" Yvette's father smiled.
 
 
"You must be hungry right? Lemme bring you some snacks" her mother exclaimed.
 
 
 
"Mother.. actually, I'm here for Yvette today" he intervened.
 
 
 
"What happened? you guys know each other?" she questioned curiously.
 
 
 
"there's some misunderstanding...is she home?" he asked with a hint of guilt in his voice.
 
 
 
"hm..she's upstairs" her father replied.
3