Chapter 1 – Reincarnation
6.1k 21 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the depths of the void, where nothing was something and something was nothing, an unusual occurrence manifested. A shimmer of green flashed instantly before streaking into the distance. A swirling black portal opened and sucked the green light through.

 

Via the portal, the green light zipped through many different realms before arriving at what looked to be an ancient courthouse. Standing on the two sides of the courthouse were around ten or so constables, each dressed from a different era. Anyone with a sense of history could even recognize some of them as the top constables in each era.

 

Sitting before him were three people – a scribe, a scholar, and a judge. These three were the classic of all classics when it came to a courthouse. The scribe would write and detail the ongoing of the court session as well as provide background information of the person in question. The scholar would assist the judge in the dealings of the law. And the judge would make decisions and execute judgements.

 

The green light approached the center of the courthouse and shimmered there silently, as if waiting for the court to begin. The judge looked at the green light and waved his hand. A powerful wave of energy washed over the green light, causing it to shimmer into a recognizable shape. It was Moss.

 

“Who is the one kneeling before us? Name yourself!” The judge commanded with authority.

 

Moss bowed deeply and gave the judge his name. The robed judge looked over towards his scribe who began rifling through some papers. After a short pause, the scribe handed a folder to the scholar who, in turn, handed it to the judge.

 

The judge looked through the documents and frowned. “According to these documents, your soul should have been disintegrated for the crimes you had committed against humanity. How did you escape the void?”

 

“W-What crimes? I’m innocent! I was framed by those heroes and those gods!” Moss cried in anger.

 

“Ha! You were framed by heroes? By gods? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?” The judge sneered as he smacked his gavel on the table a number of times.

 

“T-This…t-that….” Moss tried to explain but before he could, the judge continued with a list of his crimes.

 

“Unleashing a biological weapon that destroyed most of the crops in the human kingdom, leading to a five-year famine. Infecting thousands of people with a fatal disease and then subsequently releasing the cure at an expensive price. Some of the cures were even fake and you pushed the blame on the Demon God. Oh, how easy of you to push everything bad on the Demon God! There are a number of other crimes, but these two were the most severe. What do you have to say for yourself?” The judge grunted as he glared at the former saint.

 

Moss bowed his head and shook with anger. “Your Honor, I plead innocent! I have never done anything wrong!”

 

“Hmph! Won’t even admit to your wrongdoings even with all these hard evidences! You should have had your soul disintegrated. How did you survive? How did you get here?” The judge looked at his attending scholar for help.

 

“According to the records, the defendant consumed the Elixir of Life. The mysterious and divine powers could bring the dead back to life. It can surely bring a disintegrated soul back to the Courts of Reincarnation.” The scholar stroked his white beard and pointed out on the documents.

 

“Consumed the Elixir of Life? That’s a holy consumable that’s made once every billion years through the concentrated residue energy of ten generations of God of Life. What a waste!” The judge sighed as he glared back at Moss disapprovingly.

 

“Even so, the defendant is protected by the elixir. As the divine laws dictated, no matter how many times we send the soul back to the void, it will always come back. What should we do?” The scholar reasoned as he awaited quietly for the judge’s judgment.

 

The judge mulled over the topic for a while before rubbing his tired eyes. “Send him through the cycles. Since he had committed unspeakable crimes in his previous life, he will be reduced to a mere particle in his new life. Hopefully, he could do some good and reverse his bad karma.”

 

“Then, it is decided?” The scholar asked for confirmation as if to double-check the judge’s decision.

 

“En, it is decided.” The judge nodded with a smack of his gavel.

 

Two constables walked over to the defendant and carried him up, one on each arm. The duo dragged the soul out of the courts and towards the everlasting Cycles of Reincarnation. They arrived at the cycle for the worst of the worst and, without sparing a single glance, tossed Moss into the cycle.

 

Moss’s soul swirled about in the whirlpool of souls and energy. The deeper he went, the younger and smaller he became until he became a single particle. However, unlike other particles, this particular particle shone with a different aura…a divine aura. The particle merged with other particles and emerged from the darkness…a new life….

129