Prologue II – Disintegration
5.5k 15 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, that was not the case as a beam of light shone on the saint’s soul when no one was watching and transported him into the heavens. When the light dissipated, the frail saint looked about with awe before laying eyes on the divine being standing before him.

 

Immediately recognizing who the god was, the saint kneeled down and saluted according to his religion. “God of Life, it is an honor to meet you!”

 

“Rise, Saint Moss. It has been hard on you.” The god replied as he motioned for the saint to stand.

 

But Saint Moss did not stand up. “Your Divine Being, I have failed you! The heroes and the king of humans have strayed from their paths. I fear that they have fallen under the Demon God’s control.”

 

“No, that’s not it.” The god shook his head, hinting that he knew something.

 

Saint Moss looked up in surprise and couldn’t help but ask. “They’re not? T-Then, are they inherently evil to begin with?”

 

“No human is inherently evil. However, the real reason why they plotted against you is because of me. I’m sorry, Moss, I have failed you.” The god sighed as he looked down upon his favorite disciple.

 

“What do you mean? Have you encountered a problem? Your Divine Being, you know you can come to me if you need help solving any issues. I am your representative as well as your disciple. It is my duty and honor to serve you.” Saint Moss bowed deeply.

 

“What kind of god would I be if I needed the help of a mortal? Alas, the issue is far greater than you can imagine. The other gods have allied against me.” The God of Life sighed in defeat.

 

“Why did they do that?” Saint Moss asked incredulously. “Didn’t the gods form an alliance with you in order to defeat the Demon God? Why did they suddenly betray you?”

 

“Because of this.” The god replied as he brought out a vial of greenish liquid from within his robes. “This is the Elixir of Vitality. One drop of this can cure any sickness. One vial can bring back the dead. Even gods can be brought back. This is why the other gods plotted against me. They coveted this.”

 

“Those selfish bastards.” Saint Moss spat as he looked at the vial.

 

“Alright, enough of that. We must escape to another realm. You take this vial and keep it safely. Let’s hurry and leave before the other gods find us.” The god replied as he hurriedly stuffed the vial of elixir into Saint Moss’s hands.

 

“I’m afraid it’s too late for that!” A baritone voice roared as the man behind the voice arrived, followed by ten other men and women.

 

They were the gods and goddesses of the Thirteen. Aside from the God of Life and the Demon God (originally known as the God of Darkness), there were eleven other gods and goddesses – God of Fire, Goddess of Water, Goddess of Wind, God of Earth, Goddess of Light, God of Agriculture, God of Knowledge, Goddess of War, Mechanical God, God of Magic, and Goddess of Death. The one who spoke just now was the God of Magic.

 

“Casim, don’t go too far!” The God of Life roared back as he held up an arm to push Moss’s soul behind him.

 

Casim, the God of Magic, sneered and looked at the other gods and goddesses beside him. As if connected telepathically, the gods and goddesses spread out to surround the God of Life and Saint Moss. The God of Fire, Feir, stepped forward with a stretched-out hand and demanded.

 

“Younger brother Feil, just give the elixir to us. We promise to spare your life. We might even spare your worshippers as well.”

 

The God of Life stared at his older twin brother and sighed. “At this point, do you think it’s possible? Look at the greed in their eyes! They’re looking to kill! Brother, you must watch out for them. Do you think a vial of elixir could ever be shared between the eleven of you?”

 

The way the God of Life described the gods and goddesses brought some shame in them that a few of them turned towards Casim hoping to stay out of this ‘execution’. Casim, however, wasn’t rattled and pressed on with a clenched fist. “Hmph! Enough squabbling! Get him!”

 

While the God of Fire, Goddess of Water, God of Agriculture, and Mechanical God stood where they were, the others charged at the God of Life. Being the God of Life, Feil didn’t have much ability in terms of combat. He could fend off against one or two opponents, however, he was quickly overwhelmed by the seven attackers. Blood spurted out from the many wounds on his body and splattered everywhere, some even landed on Moss’s soul.

 

The divine blood burned, but Moss didn’t feel pain from it. Only the sight of his beloved god breathing his last breaths caused a feeling of absolute resentment to rekindle deep within his soul…something he had felt in his heart moments before his death. Saint Moss screamed as he charged at the God of Earth who dealt the finishing blow.

 

“Die you evil monster!” Emotions filled him and devoid him of all reason as he charged towards the mighty god.

 

The God of Earth harrumphed and waved his hand back. “Dare to go against me? You can die as well. Disintegrate!”

 

A full blast of divine energy smacked into Moss, knocking him sprawling back. The attack destroyed the very bonds that kept his soul together. He was about to be disintegrated with no chance of rebirth. His soul would be gone forever just like that. When Moss heard the gods searching through Feil’s clothing for the elixir, he recalled its properties.

 

With his last remaining strength, Moss grabbed the vial of elixir and downed it. If the evil gods want it, then they should not have it! Moss’s soul completely disintegrated. All that was left was a single thought.

 

Curse you evil gods! Curse you all to DEATH!!!

135