Chapter 4 – Encounter
5.3k 12 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Who goes there? What are you doing here?]

 

A drone-like voice tapped into Moss’s mind. Moss quickly located which of his infection agents the voice was talking to and peered out through the senses of that agent. What he sensed caught him by surprise. But then again, it shouldn’t have.

 

The source of the voice was something all too familiar to Moss. It was a white and ball-shaped Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus. But here’s the kicker. This wasn’t just any Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus agent…this wasn’t his. That’s right! Hovering before him was the infection agent of another virus of the same species!

 

[We said, who are you? Answer us now or prepare to die!] The BYPV agent took a step closer.

 

The awestruck Moss quickly regained his senses and tentatively replied. [I…I can talk? I-I mean of course I can talk. I’m Moss. I’m a Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus like you.]

 

[Oh? We don’t recall having another virus join our complex. Who is your population leader?] The virus agent questioned, and if it had an expression, it would have been expressed with suspicion.

 

[I-I’m a new virus. I don’t have a population leader…what’s a population leader?] Moss nervously explained.

 

[What’s a population leader? How new are you?] The virus agent asked as its body shook slightly with shock.

 

[A-About a week, I think.] Moss guesstimated.

 

[A week? Figures. Listen up! A population leader is the leader and strongest virus within a population of diverse viruses. This tulip field is under the rule of Lady Tully – the almighty Tulip Breaking Virus.] The virus agent proudly claimed.

 

Moss looked on with interest. [How strong is Lady Tully?]

 

[Lady Tully is one of the strongest species in this field. Her Ladyship is at the verge of breaking through to Subgenus.] The BYPV agent replied.

 

Almost Subgenus eh? Moss thought carefully as he converted that into levels. That means this Tully is at the verge of leveling up to level ten! She might be a good backer for now. Let’s see what she’s like first before I consider following her.

 

[Wow! That’s strong!] Moss sang some praises, which caused the virus agent to radiate happily. [Can I meet Lady Tully? I want to join her population.]

 

[Okay! We’ll take you to them. Follow us!] The virus agent nodded as it led Moss to a pollen pod.

 

After attaching themselves onto the pollen pod, the pod was ejected along with thousands of other pollen pods into the atmosphere. The pollen pods traveled as far as the wind could take them. In a matter of seconds, the pod that Moss was in landed on one of the many tulips scattered about the field.

 

Upon entering the tulip, the two viral agents were quickly surrounded by a couple of Tulip Mosaic Virus agents. The red and ball-shaped TMV agents displayed a form of arrogance as they were direct descendants of Lady Tully.

 

[State your business!] One of the TMV agents commanded.

 

The BYPV agent motioned for Moss to let it do the talking before fawning over the TMV agent. [Sir, this here is a new Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus. They’re not in any population and we were thinking of introducing them to Lady Tully.]

 

[Oh? Fresh agents? Very well, follow us.] The TMV agent nodded after accepting some nutrients from the BYPV agent.

 

The red ball of a virus turned around and flowed through the passageways towards Lady Tully’s residence. When the three of them arrived, Moss was astounded by the sight of a giant snake-like monster with crimson skin and a deathly aura. Was this Lady Tully? Or did he just get duped?

 

The monster gave the three a cursory glance before casting its focus on the TMV agent. [Child, what brings you here? Who are they?]

 

[Your Ladyship, this Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus said they wanted to join Your Ladyship’s population.] The TMV agent bowed deeply as they pointed at Moss.

 

So, this was Lady Tully. Moss pondered as he felt an immense pressure bearing down on him.

 

Lady Tully cast a look over Moss before waving them away. [Fine, let them join. They can enter one of the many BYPV complexes we have in our domain.]

 

[Understood, Your Ladyship!] The TMV agent bowed before leading the two BYPV agents away.

 

Once the Lady Tully’s residence was out of sight, the TMV agent looked over at Moss and pointed at the other BYPV agent. [Since Lady Tully approved, welcome to our population. You will follow under them from now on.]

 

[Okay.] Moss wiggled in understanding.

 

After assigning Moss to his fellow BYPV, the TMV agent headed back. Meanwhile, the BYPV agent discussed with Moss on his duties as a member of the BYPV complex as well as the quota of at least ten infected bluegrass per day.

 

[Remember, whatever nutrients you acquire during your infections, ten percent of that goes to Lady Tully.] The BYPV agent replied before they left.

 

Moss shook with understanding once more as he too left using a pollen pod. Once Moss arrived back on a blade of bluegrass, he began to infect. However, his infection was too half-assed as he was distracted by the events that happened today.

 

It’s understandable that there are other viruses out there…but to think that’s what they look like up close. They are truly monsters. That Lady Tully seemed to be strong but she’s way too arrogant. She might prove to be a decent backer but how long will that last? And to think I could actually talk and communicate with other viruses! This will definitely help me with my revenge. Now, how should I go about doing this?

120