Chapter 10 – Assignment
3.9k 6 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week later, the assignment came. One of Lady Tully’s children arrived with orders from the top. Upon hearing of the TMV agent’s appearance, Moss quickly ordered all of the agents who were extracting DNA to switch towards infecting cells. Moss selected an agent to possess consciously and moved to meet with the TMV agent. Surprisingly, sequents of the other BYPVs have also arrived. What could they be up to now?

 

Moss sensed sparingly at the BYPV sequents before turning his attention on the TMV agent. [What brings you here?]

 

[Bluegrass Complex Leader, accept your orders! Lady Tully has assigned you with the task of entering the Crimson Verdant Fields that’s located adjacent to our field.] The TMV agent voiced with some arrogance.

 

[Crimson Verdant Fields? What do I do once I entered?] Moss questioned with curiosity.

 

The TMV agent sneered inwardly and responded. [Your job is to enter the fields and survive for a month. This is to prove your capabilities. Can you do it?]

 

[Survive for a month? Sounds easy enough!] Moss nodded as he sighed with relief. What did I have to worry about? Maybe I was really just assuming too much with those BYPV agents.

 

[Good! You are to depart as soon as possible. Send out your strongest agent.] The TMV agent nodded as it handed a protein to Moss. [These are the coordinates. We wish you good luck.]

 

[Thanks.] Moss politely sent the virus agent out.

 

Before he made his preparations to leave, he had a few things to take care of. He connected with Lichen and ordered him to continue infecting as many BYPV agents as he can. Then, he arranged for his virus agents to continue infecting and extracting. Once everything was in order, Moss headed towards the launch pad.

 

Setting the coordinates, Moss hopped into a pollen pod and aimed towards Crimson Verdant Fields. With a thundering rumble, the pollen pod was launched into the air. Carried forth with the wind, the pollen pod fluttered out of the tulip field and towards a field of green and red.

 

After traveling through a large grassland, spending a little more than an hour of traveling, the pollen pod arrived at a blade of bluegrass. Quickly, Moss got to work. In a matter of minutes, he took over the bluegrass.

 

 Once he was in possession of the bluegrass, Moss sensed his surroundings to get a general idea of where he was. And it felt horrifying. There was chaos everywhere. Plants strangling plants, insects attacking insects, insects attacking plants, and much more. What had he gotten himself into?

 

As Moss sensed his surroundings, he felt a familiarity with some of the plants. When he observed closer, he realized that they were tomatoes! He was in a tomato field! So that’s where the Crimson Verdant Fields got its name.

 

While he was thinking about his next step, sudden warning blared in his mind. He was being attacked! A monster with a hardened body and an elongated snout landed on the bluegrass Moss was in control of. The monster roared once before slapping its snout onto the plant. With big bites, it began tearing apart the blade.

 

Because Moss did not have the capability to infect such a monster, the only thing he could do was to evade. Quickly, Moss launched himself along with whatever virus agents he had produced. With the aimless launch, many pollen pods were scattered into the air. With the help of the morning breeze, Moss and his agents landed on a number of bluegrasses.

 

Moss along with the agents in his pollen pod, however, landed on a tomato vine. Initially, he was lamenting his unluckiness and was about to transfer his consciousness into a virus agent who had successfully entered a bluegrass when he thought about something.

 

Moss knew that he was no ordinary virus. His capabilities of killing other viruses to boost his own powers dampened his fears of combat. Moss decided to enter the tomato plant and see if he could survive inside. If not, he could always transfer out.

 

Moss led his virus agents out of the pollen pod and were immediately stopped by a group of seven fiery crimson viruses with protruding horns on the top of their heads. Judging from the way they positioned themselves, the one with the most horns had higher status than those with less horns.

 

Moss looked at the four-horned virus and greeted. [Good day your Viralness. We come in pea-.]

 

[Guards! Seize these intruders and kill them!] The four-horned virus interrupted as it charged at Moss with incredible speed.

 

It was a good thing Moss had his guard up or he might have suffered a piercing loss from the enemy’s protrusions. Moss had gained a lot from his daily DNA extractions, so he was able to dodge the attack…barely.

 

The two viruses continued to battle, but it felt like Moss was on the defensive most of the time. He and his agents just couldn’t catch up with these fast buggers and deal any sustainable damage. As for the enemy, their attacks kept missing as Moss barely dodged each of them.

 

Meanwhile, back at the tulip fields….

 

[So, did you do it?] A BYPV agent slithered up to the TMV agent with hope shimmering from its membrane.

 

The TMV agent looked towards the BYPV agent and nodded. [It is done. Now, the payment?]

 

[Ah, yes. Here they are.] The BYPV agent drew out at least thirty packages of nutrients and handed them to the TMV agent. [How did you do it?]

 

[Easy.] The TMV agent greedily consumed the nutrient packages and relished at the comfort and warmth they brought. [We added a little something to their coordinate protein. Those tomato viruses will attack them on sense. Hahaha!]

 

[Hahahaha! Thank you, your Viralness!] The BYPV agent humbled themselves.

 

The TMV agent dismissively strode away. [Small matter, small matter.]

95