Chapter 11 – Fire Magic
3.4k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moss continued dancing with the fiery virus. However, although he was fast compared to a BYPV, he barely caught up with the fiery virus. Because of this standstill, they have been in constant battle for minutes.

 

To increase his odds maybe just a little, Moss ordered six of his virus agents to follow him as they kept the seven enemies busy. Meanwhile, the remaining virus agents should try to extract as much DNA from the plant as possible.

 

Seeing Moss’s agents actually able to kill off nearby cells, a fiery four-horned virus agent roared in anger and disbelief. [How is this happening? Who are you?]

 

The anger seemed to reach a peak as the virus agents radiated intense heat. Some parts of their body even shimmered with fiery light. Suddenly, a four-horned virus agent leaped back and aimed its horns at Moss. Red particles of shimmering light swarmed towards the horns.

 

Sensing something terrible was about to happen from the swirling red, Moss hurriedly dodged out of the way. The fiery virus swung its horns at Moss and fired. That’s right! He launched out a ring of fire at Moss.

 

Fire magic! Moss hissed as the ring of fire barely missed his membrane.

 

The fire ring smashed into the plant, searing many cells black. As if on cue, the other six fiery virus agents fired their own fire rings, each varied in strength depending on the number of horns they had.

 

The six virus agents that were fending against the enemy all managed to dodge out of the way; however, some of the agents who were extracting DNA weren’t as lucky. The fire rings burned through their membranes and disrupted their DNA, causing minor denaturalization and destruction.

 

Steadfast, Moss ordered his agents to continue extracting DNA while he led his six agents to draw the enemy away. Luckily, the seven enemies had their attention focused on them. Thus, when Moss led them further away from the virus agents extracting DNA, the enemies did not notice.

 

The seven fiery virus agents continued to charge and burn. Every time they missed a charge, their agitation increased. And every time their magic missed, the damages to the plant increased. As the damages piled up, noticeable side effects began to occur.

 

After suffering from a series of continuous fire rings, the plant began to give way. The trembling of the plant vine as its infected areas started to be unable to support the healthy portions. Realizing their mistake, the seven virus agents hesitated.

 

And it was because of that hesitation Moss and his agents attacked. Taking advantage of the pause, Moss body slammed the four-horned virus agent into a one-horned virus agent. The two stumbled and collapsed in shock from the sneak attack. Before they could recover, Moss and a fellow agent pounced on them and extracted their DNA.

 

Sensing the death of a four-horned virus agent was like sensing the death of the host plant. Everything was in chaos. Though the four-horned agent wasn’t the virus’s origin agent, it was still a first-generation sequent agent. Losing one of them was like losing an army of one-horned virus agents.

 

The remaining five fiery agents roared with anger and charged towards Moss, their backs turned only to be stabbed by Moss’s agents. With all seven enemies deprived of their DNA, the enemies crumbled and died. Moss looked at the crimson DNA mixture and smacked his imaginary lips.

 

With a gulp, he absorbed the DNA as well as the DNA of the other seven. Suddenly, his body began to feel warm…no, it began to feel incredibly hot as if one was sunbathing in a desert. With a roar, after cultivating the DNA for a few moments, Moss fully absorbed the DNA and could immediately feel the changes to his body.

 

DING!

 

SUFFICIENT DNA ABSORBED

 

ASSIMILATING DNA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Patch Virus (YMPV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 30311/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 6
  • Severity – 5
  • Lethality – 3
  • Durability – 4
  • ??? – N/A

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1%
  • Heat Resistance – 1%

With the increase in heat resistance, Moss felt that he might be able to tolerate it if a fire ring was to graze his membrane. Of course, that didn’t mean he would just stand there and let one hit him. As Moss surveyed the damages to his fellow agents, the area became increasingly hotter. Moss looked around him, trying to find out what was going on, and saw a large number of fiery virus agents swarming towards him.

 

Now Moss wasn’t stupid as to fight against the odds. With his high intelligence, he knew that he and his agents could not survive the virus stampede and quickly decided on a strategic retreat. As the mob chased them, they rushed past the green passageways down to a crimson chamber. But what awaited them was a group of three-horned virus agents.

 

Moss gulped slightly as he looked back. He was now in a hard place…stuck between a mob of one-horned and two-horned virus agents as well as a group of three-horned virus agents. What should he do? How should he survive this? Did he have to abandon ship and transfer his consciousness away or was there another solution?

89