Chapter 12 – Attack
3.3k 5 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Attack!]

 

The horned fiery virus agents roared as they surrounded Moss and his agents. Not giving in to the assault, Moss ordered his agents to split up and charge both sides. Meanwhile, Moss rushed towards the center of the crimson chamber where he sensed the strongest power.

 

Without a care for the battle around him, Moss dove into the center cell where he met what seemed to be the final boss. The enemy virus agent before him had five horns and it seemed to tower above the other enemy agents.

 

The enemy boss sensed Moss’s arrival and turned towards him with a hostile posture. [How dare a mere bluegrass virus trespass our sacred chambers! Kill! Kill! KILL!]

 

Beyond reason! Truly beyond reason! Moss cursed silently as he raised his guard against the charging virus agent. Was this strain of virus unreasonable by nature? Why were they attacking him without giving a reason?

 

Moss sidestepped as the virus agent grazed by. He was just about to punch out with his DNA extractor when he felt a stinging sensation rampage along his membranous coat. Moss probed the stinging area below and grimaced. Just that miniscule graze by the enemy had caused his coating to blister and inflame!

 

Moss glanced up at the enemy, a look of fear within his senses. Before he could decide what to do next, the enemy reared its head and charged at him once more. Moss swam up over the beast-like virus and slammed his body down.

 

Oh, how he regretted it. Though he dealt some blunt damage to the virus, the virus’s flaming membrane seared and cracked Moss’s membrane, dealing severe damage. As fluids flowed from the open wound, Moss pinned the virus agent down and pierced its membrane with his extractor.

 

Moss was only able to extract a few strands of DNA before he had to separate. The searing pain of an open membrane blurred his senses as he tried to absorb the DNA. As soon as he consumed the DNA of the fiery virus agent, the results became apparent.

 

He felt his body lighten as the sweltering heat around him lessened. He sensed that, just from a few strands of DNA from the five-horned fiery virus, he had recovered some vitality and increased his resistance to heat. Then, what would happen if he absorbed the rest of the virus agent’s DNA?

 

Addicted to the power boost, Moss boldly charged forward and met the five horns in close combat. However, the fiery virus started gathering fire mana around its centermost horn and aimed at Moss’s body.

 

Not wanting to take the full force of the magical attack, Moss struck his extractor into the virus agent’s body and started to extract as quick as possible. The endurance beast of a virus agent continued to gather fire mana despite its ever-decreasing energy. It was preparing for a last-ditch effort!

 

Moss pressed on. He continued extracting even when the enemy virus agent finished gathering the fire mana into a ring shape. If viruses could smile, the fiery five-horned virus in a deadlock with Moss smirked triumphantly as it fired a continuous stream of fire rings.

 

Moss clenched in pain but never let go of the extractor, even as the stream of fire rings bored a hole through his membranous coating. The incinerating ring pierced through Moss and burned a hole in the cell membrane, rupturing it.

 

As the two viruses flooded out of the cell along with vast amounts of DNA and other fluids, the dying five-horned virus finally collapsed with its DNA fully extracted. With his dying breath, Moss released the extractor and transferred his consciousness to a nearby agent.

 

With a new body, Moss dodged a charging two-horned fiery virus and made a dash for the extractor. Picking it up, he immediately absorbed the DNA fluids. He, along with his remaining virus agents, all experienced a vast boost of power. Moss looked towards his agents with a fiery aura and roared. [Time to fight back! Attack!]

 

DING!

 

SUFFICIENT DNA ABSORBED

 

ASSIMILATING DNA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

 

MUTATION ACTIVATED

 

MUTATING….

 

MUTATION COMPLETED

 

VARIATION DETECTED

 

STAT MANA UNLOCKED

 

FIRE MANA DETECTED

 

SKILL <<HEAT WAVE>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Ringed Virus (YMRV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 30351/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 6
  • Severity – 6
  • Lethality – 4
  • Durability – 4
  • Mana – 1

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Blackened Rings – infected areas display black rings
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1.5%
  • Heat Resistance – 3%
83