Chapter 13 – Reason of Attack
3.2k 4 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moss and his remaining agents all unleashed a powerful <<Heat Wave>>, sending the fiery virus agents sprawling away in all directions. Some of the more damaged ones collapsed from the differences in temperature, resulting in denaturalization and function failure.

 

Even though the horned fiery virus agents were fire-type virus agents, they were in a balanced state. A sudden increase to that state caused an imbalance in their system and resulted in self-destruction.

 

Taking advantage of the enemies’ condition, Moss led his agents to attack the three-horned fiery agents. Moss could continue using <<Heat Wave>>, but too much would cause overheating and even his heat resistance would not help protect him from harm. Instead, he started to extract DNA. It was best to stabilize his new mutation first.

 

Moss turned towards his agents and signaled for them to make their moves. While they extracted DNA from the collapsed enemies, Moss made his way towards the body of the five-horned fiery virus agent. Hovering over the body, Moss murmured silently.

 

<<Raise Dead>>!

 

A strand of Moss’s DNA flowed through his body and into the corpse. Suddenly, the corpse began to move. Within nanoseconds, the body sprang to unholy life.

 

DING!

 

PLEASE NAME VIRUS AGENT

 

Name the virus agent? Moss did not want to keep this virus like he did with Lichen. He didn’t need another zombie virus. So, he decided not to name it. [No name.]

 

DING!

 

VIRUS AGENT UNNAMED

 

SKILL <<VIRAL INSTABILITY>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<ZOMBIFICATION>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<UNDEAD LOYALTY>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: N/A

Title: Corpse Grass Spotted Virus (CGSV)

Host: Tomato Pronged Ring Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 0

Infection Progress (IP): 0/1000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 2
  • Severity – 1
  • Lethality – 0
  • Durability – 1
  • Mana – 1

SKILLS:

  • Fire Ring (Active) – gathers fire mana around the horn and casts a ring of fire at the enemy.
  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – virus agent can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on the virus agent’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a brownish red

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 0.5%
  • Heat Resistance – 0.5%

Moss looked at the nameless undead virus and asked it. [Why did you attack me with no reason? I was not hostile towards you.]

 

[We couldn’t help it.] The undead virus answered obediently. [We sensed something that you have. We were so attracted to it and we hated it. It tore at our minds so much that we wanted to tear you apart.]

 

[What is that ‘it’?] Moss frowned as his suspicions rose. It couldn’t be ‘that’ right?

 

Moss reached inside of him and pulled out the protein he was given to by the TMV agent before he started his assignment. Nothing had changed for him except for this recent addition. When Moss held the protein out for the undead virus agent, it immediately perked up.

 

[That’s it! That’s thing that made us furious for no reason.]

 

As suspected. Moss threw the protein onto the fleshy floor. But why did that TMV agent do this? Was it Lady Tully’s intentions? Or…was it them?

 

[Nevertheless, I will have my answers when I return.] Moss dismissed the thought as he looked at the matters on hand. [Agents, extract the ones you’re currently facing and spare the rest. Weaken them and have them brought to me.]

 

Moss’s virus agents shook with understanding and brought the remaining twenty or so Tomato Pronged Ring Virus agents to Moss and the undead virus agent. Moss connected with the undead virus agent and gave it his confirmation.

 

The undead virus agent tackled one of the weakened TPRV agents without hesitation and tore into its membrane. With a bestial decisiveness, the undead virus agent injected the infection into the TPRV agent. Within a matter of nanoseconds, the victim became a zombie virus agent.

 

The two undead virus agents scrambled towards the frightened TPRV agents, relentlessly infecting them until microseconds later, all had become undead. The undead agents assembled before Moss, awaiting his orders. Moss looked over at his new army and beamed.

 

[Time to take over this field of tomatoes!]

88