Chapter 16 – Retaliation
3k 5 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having received Moss’s order of attack, every agent under him fired a wave of <<Heat Wave>>. The waves upon waves of heat stacked up until many blades of bluegrass wilted away immediately. Those that were infecting these bluegrasses and those that were swimming about freely perished in the attack. This was truly a powerful yet self-sacrificing move.

 

Moss grimaced as he sensed each connection with his virus agents disappear. Fortunately, he was able to even the odds. A few thousands of his agents wiped out hundreds of thousands of TMV agents as well as enemy bluegrass virus agents. Truly worth it.

 

Without wasting any more time as he knew this bold move would have alerted Lady Tully, Moss focused on his connection with his surviving agents. [Agents, don’t worry about the pain. Don’t worry about the DNA spilling out of your membranes. Focus on recuperating! Extract as much DNA as you can! Don’t waste those enemy DNA!]

 

With orders from Moss, his remaining agents of a few thousand strong rushed towards the enemy corpses and salvaged as much usable DNA as they could. With every bit of DNA, Moss became stronger.

 

As Moss increased his strength bit by bit, he prepared himself for the next step of the retaliation. [Lichen, it’s time! Hold back the other bluegrass and scutchgrass viruses. Unleash your minions!]

 

[Understood, Your Viralness!] Lichen nodded after receiving Moss’s transmission.

 

The zombie virus activated the dormant virus agents within the hosts, turning them instantly into a berserk army of ravaging undead. Without any regards towards friend or foe, the hungry zombie virus agents attacked. Every attack infected a corpse. Every infected corpse was soon added into the ranks of the undead.

 

Many bluegrass virus agents perished, regardless of whether they participated in the eradication of Moss’s agents or not. Even the rarely seen and submissive scutchgrass virus agents were caught in the fray. With the restrictions released on infections, Lichen’s army increased very quickly and so too did his level.

 

DING!

 

INFECTION PROGRESS REACHED LIMIT

 

COMMENCING LEVEL UP

 

LEVEL UP COMPLETED

 

SKILL <<DNA CONSUME>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Lichen

Title: Corpse Grass Spotted Virus (CGSV)

Host: Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 30000/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 4
  • Severity – 3
  • Lethality – 1
  • Durability – 3
  • ??? – N/A

SKILLS:

  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – Lichen can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on Lichen’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • DNA Consume (Active) – Lichen can choose to consume a virus agent’s DNA instead of infecting it as an undead.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a brownish green

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1.5%

With the level up, Lichen received a new skill. The skill, <<DNA Consume>>, allowed the undead virus agent to consume a corpse’s DNA instead of zombifying it. With the ability to consume DNA similar to Moss’s <<DNA Extraction>>, the zombie virus agent increased his chances of mutating into something greater.

 

It didn’t take long before Lady Tully heard of Moss’s resistance. Angered by such opposition to her authority, the TBV origin agent sent out ten thousand elite second-generation TBV sequents to eradicate Lichen’s abnormal agents. Meanwhile, Lady Tully sent out a hundred first-generation TBV powerhouses to bring back Moss’s origin agent.

 

A storm was brewing as Lichen calmed down the DNA lust of his undead agents and organized them to meet the second-generation TBV sequents in battle. Soon, the two armies landed on a healthy blade of bluegrass.

 

The second-generation TBV sequents were known for their durability and endurance unlike the first-generation TBV sequents who were known for their attack power and lethality. The second-generation TBV agents towered over the undead army. It was like watching a horde of sea dragons fighting against an army of abominations.

 

Lichen looked over his army and roared. [Agents! It is our honor and duty to serve Moss! We will fight off those enemies! We will survive! And we will win! Forget about turning them, consume their DNA and become stronger than ever! Let out your DNA hunger and fucking eat them all!]

 

ROAR!

 

The undead army charged towards the dragon-like enemies, without a single regard for their well-being. The enemies did not give a morale-boosting speech. Instead, they charged head on as well. The two armies neared one another with incredible speed, both confident in their own victory…both never backing down.

 

The initial clash was brutal. Hundreds of undead virus agents were sent flying everywhere upon contact. The second-generation TBV sequents were just too tough. It was like punching a steel plate. However, for the virus sequents charging at the undead army, it was like sticking a fork into a piece of tofu…absolutely no resistance.

 

The undead virus agents flailing about everywhere would have died immediately upon impact if they had been alive. But, as undead, they did not feel the power of the attack at all. The flying agents repositioned themselves midair and landed on top of the TBV sequents. With fierce vigor, the undead virus agents stabbed and bit as they consumed as much DNA as they could. The battle was on!

87