Chapter 18 – Mutation
3k 7 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DING!

 

SUFFICIENT DNA ABSORBED

 

ASSIMILATING DNA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

 

MUTATION ACTIVATED

 

MUTATING….

 

MUTATION COMPLETED

 

VARIATION DETECTED

 

STAT MANA UNLOCKED

 

ICE MANA DETECTED

 

SKILL <<BERSERK>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<IN DEATH, THERE IS LIFE>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Lichen

Title: Ghoul Grass Wrath Virus (GGWV)

Host: Tulip Breaking Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 30001/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 5
  • Severity – 3
  • Lethality – 3
  • Durability – 4
  • Mana – 1

SKILLS:

  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – Lichen can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on Lichen’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • DNA Consume (Active) – Lichen can choose to consume a virus agent’s DNA instead of infecting it as an undead.
  • Berserk (Passive) – The more damage Lichen receives, the more he can deal.
  • In Death, There is Life (Passive) – When the host body dies, Lichen encases the area with slowing magic, allowing him time to possess another host.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a brownish red

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 2.5%

In death…there is life. Suddenly, the whole area seemed to move in slow motion as if time was slowing down to a halt. A twinkle of light and particle soared out from the corpse of the Bluegrass Yellow Patch Virus. It fluttered about, meandering from one virus agent to another, before settling on a first-generation TBV sequent.

 

Time began to flow normally once more. Oblivious to what had happened earlier, the TBV agents continued to surround the last of the zombie virus agents. When the zombie virus agents were within clashing distance, the TBV agents attacked.

 

However, unbeknownst to all, one TBV agent aimed its sights on something different. It lunged towards a fellow TBV agent, catching it by surprise. Not a sound was made as the brownish red virus agent wrangled the unlucky TBV sequent, squeezing the old life out and infecting it with something new.

 

As soon as the TBV agent turned, the two undead virus sequents turned their attention on another pair. Two turned into four and four turned into eight. Before those in the front realized what had happened, it was already too late. Now, it was their turn to be surrounded.

 

[What’s wrong? Why aren’t you attacking?] One of the second-generation TBV agents noticed Lichen and his newly acquired troops motionlessly facing them.

 

When the undead virus agents did not respond, a first-generation TBV agent snarled in anger. [Don’t just stand there! Attack!]

 

[Gladly.] Lichen smirked as he and his agents bombarded the enemies with damage-dealing body slams and infectious bites.

 

[W-Wait! W-What are y-you doing to u-us? Stop! STOP!] The first-generation TBV agent scrambled backwards as it stared in horror at the messy onslaught.

 

 Before it could get another word in, it was brought down by two undead virus agents and torn apart. Microseconds later, the corpse rose to join the undead ranks, its wounds healed at a rapid pace. Soon, the battle ended. Lichen paused with slight exhaustion as he messaged with Moss.

 

PING!

 

Upon hearing Lichen’s incoming call, Moss opened the connection. A voice reverberated throughout his mind. [This side has been taken care of. How are you?]

 

Moss looked towards the new enemy arrivals and grunted a reply to Lichen. [I’ve met with a small mishap. Lady Tully seemed to value me immensely. She sent a hundred first-generation elite TBV agents just to take care of me.]

 

[Should my team and I come over to provide assistance?] The undead virus agent asked when he heard the news.

 

[No need, continue on with the plan. I can handle it here.] Moss waved off Lichen’s call to help.

 

[Yes, Your Viralness. As you wish.] Lichen nodded before Moss disconnected the link.

 

Moss looked towards the new enemies and grimaced. It wasn’t true that he didn’t need any assistance from Lichen. After all, Moss had lost quite a few agents from the last battle. He didn’t have enough time to produce more. But, he didn’t want to disrupt Lichen as his subordinate had more important things to take care of. Moss looked at the slithering enemies drawing nearer and nearer. It was now or never.

 

Moss calmed down his mind and roared. [Agents! To arms! Extract their DNA! Use Heat Wave! Attack!]

79