Chapter 19 – Devour
3k 8 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first wave of heat caught the TBV agents by surprise. But that was all there was to it…it only caught them by surprise. The second wave did not bother the elites. Toughing through the heat, the first-generation TBV agents body-slammed into Moss’s agents, flooring them completely.

 

Unlike his agents, Moss was the only fortunate one to dodge out of the way. The nimble virus agent sidestepped the bull-like enemy and latched onto its tail. With an accurate strike, Moss penetrated the membranous coating and withdrew a few drops of DNA.

 

A shiver ran down the TBV agent’s figurative spine as it convulsed and skidded to a stop. Suddenly, Moss sensed the back of his mind go numb. The virus agent quickly rolled away from the downed enemy. Just as he turned over to see what had truly happened, Moss saw another TBV agent mercilessly stomped on where he was previously standing on.

 

Moss hissed as he saw the convulsing enemy twitched a couple of times in pain before collapsing…dead. Not to mention how merciless the TBV agent was for killing one of their own, Moss couldn’t help but gasp at the damage dealt. It was literally a one-hit knockout. How?

 

But then again, Moss knew how. After all, Lady Tully was nearing level ten. It’s only natural for the elites of her first-generation sequents to be near or at the same level. The ruthless TBV agent emerged from its messy brethren and turned its senses towards Moss.

 

[You! You are the origin agent? Sequents! Capture them!] The TBV agent spat out when it realized that only an origin agent could possibly react to their attacks.

 

Truly elite! As soon as the command for capture was issued, two TBV agents swung their tails at Moss, one aiming high and the other aiming low. With no where to dodge the attacks, Moss decisively transferred his mind to the nearest virus agent. The sound was sickening as the virus agent Moss previously possessed deflated from the combined attacks.

 

Though still alive, the virus agent was definitely out of commission. Moss, having possessed another virus agent who was currently in battle with a TBV agent, took the chance to blend in with his other agents before hiding himself away.

 

[W-Watch out! They have s-something that can cause us f-functional loss! Attack-k with caution!] The previously downed TBV agent stuttered as its body began to regain strength.

 

[What should we do with the rest of them?] The TBV agent pinning down a green-spotted agent looked over to their self-nominated leader.

 

[We need as many of them as we can gather! Our origin is about to breakthrough, take them all!] The leader exclaimed before knocking down another of Moss’s agents.

 

Quickly, the first-generation elite TBV agents subdued what’s left of Moss’s agents. Those that they could not take with them were mercilessly destroyed. Once the one-sided massacre ended, they hurriedly retreated. All that was left was a land of waste.

 

Moss strode out of his hiding place once the others had left. Once he made sure the enemies were not coming back, he set up a link to Lichen. As soon as the connection reached the zombie virus agent, Lichen opened up and asked whether Moss was alright or not.

 

[I’m alright. Barely. I need your help. We will set an ambush soon. I’ll send you the coordinates when I get there. Prepare yourselves.] Moss detailed as his mind whirred up a plan.

 

[Understood!] Lichen nodded before breaking off the connection to organize his troops for battle.

 

Moss sighed from visible exhaustion – his membrane feeling and looking a tad bit flabby. The virus agent sensed at the broken bodies scattered about, their DNA flowing out in a mess. What a waste! Then, a crazy thought suddenly occurred in Moss’s mind. Or rather…it ding-ed.

 

DING!

 

CONDITIONS MET

 

AN ANCIENT ONE HAS NOTICED YOU!

 

THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS HAS SENT YOU A GIFT!

 

LOADING NEW SKILL…LOADING COMPLETE

 

SKILL <<DEVOUR>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Ringed Virus (YMRV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 50009/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 7
  • Severity – 6
  • Lethality – 5
  • Durability – 4
  • Mana – 2

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Devour (Active) – consumes and absorbs all DNA in the vicinity.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Blackened Rings – infected areas display black rings
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1.7%
  • Heat Resistance – 3.2%

[W-What’s this? D-Devour?] Moss mumbled in a daze.

 

The Ancient Ones? Devourer of Worlds? Who were they? All these questions formed in his mind as he hurried to follow the retreating TBV agents. Little did he know of the thousands of thin threads of shimmering light flowing towards him.

88