Chapter 21 – The Truth of the Matter
2.9k 8 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Millions of shimmering strands converged into Moss, surprising Lady Tully enough to make her loosen her grip. Feeling a bit less pressure, Moss regained some of his senses. He looked in shock at the strands of light and sensed his power increasing little bit little. These strands…they were DNA!

 

Taking advantage of Lady Tully’s initial shock, Moss struck her side with his DNA extractor. If he was like before, he won’t have enough strength to puncture the TBV origin agent’s membrane. But now, he was boosted. With the increase in strength, Moss was able to pierce through.

 

Lady Tully flinched with pain and tried to squeeze Moss to death; however, she found that she could not feel her body. Most of her strength had left her. She tried to lift her head up but even that was too difficult. Lady Tully released her grasps on Moss and collapsed with fatigue, a shimmering strand linked onto Moss from her wound.

 

Moss couldn’t believe that his skill <<Devour>> could be used this way. This was similar to the necromancers’ skill <<Drain>> or the demons’ <<Soul Suck>>. And unlike those two skills, there were no percentages to how much <<Devour>> can consume. It was a complete skill!

 

As the last shimmering strand remained between Moss and Lady Tully, the green-spotted virus agent experienced another breakthrough. He could feel his strength grow and from just that, he knew that he was mutating.

 

THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS IS SATISFIED WITH YOUR ACTIONS!

 

DING!

 

SUFFICIENT DNA ABSORBED

 

ASSIMILATING DNA…ASSIMILATING COMPLETE

 

MUTATION ACTIVATED

 

MUTATING….

 

MUTATION COMPLETED

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Vore Virus (YMVV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 50127/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 7
  • Severity – 9
  • Lethality – 5
  • Durability – 5
  • Mana – 4

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Devour (Active) – consumes and absorbs all DNA in the vicinity.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Necrosis – infected areas display blackened, rotting, and eaten away areas
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 2%
  • Heat Resistance – 3.5%

[Raise Undead!] Moss roared as the mutation rejuvenated him.

 

Hundreds of agent bodies rose up in response to Moss’s command. The undead virus agents charged towards Lady Tully and pinned her down, restricting her movements. Before she could regain some of her strength, Moss extracted another sample of her DNA.

 

While sipping on the DNA, the green-spotted virus agent paced about pondering on his next step. What should he do with Lady Tully? It seemed rather too easy to just kill her. Should he turn her into an undead virus agent?

 

Suddenly, Lady Tully wriggled helplessly and spat. [You scum! If you’re going to kill us, just do it!]

 

[Scum? You’re the trash who attacked me for no reason. Why did you do it?] Moss inquired after a thought entered his mind.

 

Lady Tully gasped in exhaustion and stopped resisting. [What did you mean by no reason? You failed your assignment. We don’t need such weaklings in our population, especially if you’re a candidate for complex leader.]

 

[Failed? I never failed the assignment. It hasn’t even been a few hours.] Moss retorted, his suspicions flaring.

 

[A few hours? That’s the thing! That’s too long! We sent you to the neighboring batch of bluegrass to conquer one blade and it takes you hours? If you’re not a weakling, then what are you?] Lady Tully snorted with disgust.

 

[Neighboring batch of bluegrass? Infect one blade of bluegrass? Bullshit! That’s not what I was told!] Moss responded.

 

[What do you mean?] A look of confusion appeared on Lady Tully.

 

Knowing that he had been set up, Moss mentally rubbed his tired temples. [I was told to go to the Crimson Verdant Fields and survive for a month.]

 

[What? We never assigned you to do that!] The TBV origin agent denied any part in the scheme.

 

[I think I know what had happened. One of your TMV children faked the assignment. I think it was all a scheme hatched up by the other bluegrass viruses in the complex.] Moss reasoned after some thought.

 

[Damned insolent child!] Lady Tully recalled the TMV agent who showed up to report Moss’s failure. [It has to be them! Spare us and we will make it right!]

 

[Spare you?] Moss declined sadly. [You already know all my secrets. You know I can’t. It’s too late now.]

 

[Wait! W-Wait! We’ll give you anything! Wait!] Lady Tully tried to plead for her life but to no avail.

 

Moss was dead set on ending her existence. Without another word, Moss approached the flailing and pleading TBV origin agent and struck her down.

87