Chapter 22 – Tully
2.8k 7 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moss pinned the TBV origin agent down and started extracting nearly all of her DNA. The plethora of DNA was enough for Moss to mutate once more. His boosted status had increased once again. Moss exclaimed as he viewed his status with excitement. <<STATUS OPEN>>!

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Yggdrasil Moss Vore Virus (YMVV)

Host: Bluegrass

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 50127/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 8
  • Severity – 10
  • Lethality – 7
  • Durability – 6
  • Mana – 4

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Devour (Active) – consumes and absorbs all DNA in the vicinity.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish gold
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Necrosis – infected areas display blackened, rotting, and eaten away areas
  • Withering – absorbs all of the moisture in affected area, creating a sort of dry and withered look

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 2.3%
  • Heat Resistance – 3.8%

Although he was only at level four, he was stronger than his peers and could even compete against those that were three to four levels higher. If he successfully evolved once more, he would be undefeated under Subgenus rank.

 

Moss looked at the dying TBV origin agent, who had only a minute amount of DNA left. It was enough to prolong her death, but not enough to keep her life. Moss wondered whether he should drain the remaining DNA and turn her into a zombie virus or not.

 

No, he didn’t want another undead virus on his hands as Lichen was enough for now. Maybe he could try something different on Lady Tully. After some careful thought, Moss decided to look over his skills one more time. Maybe he could find something new about them.

 

Then, he saw it. <<Viral Injection I>> stated that Moss would be capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank. So far, he had tried this skill once on a dead virus agent. The result was Lichen and the <<Raise Undead>> skill. Now, what would happen if he had used it on a living virus agent?

 

Decided on going through with it, Moss hovered over Lady Tully and activated <<Viral Injection I>>. A stream of his DNA entered the TBV origin agent through her wounds. Because of the two contradicting DNAs fighting for dominance within Lady Tully, her body was experiencing some sort of backlash as it wriggled and spazzed uncontrollably.

 

Some sort of froth formed from Lady Tully’s wounds as she continued to jerk about. The twisting and turning gradually slowed down until Lady Tully finally stopped moving. Moss gazed at his experiment, half-hoping for some sort of success and half-hoping for a salvageable failure.

 

And then, it happened right before his eyes. Lady Tully’s body began to mutate very quickly. In a matter of nanoseconds, the once snake-like monster had shrunk down by half the original size. Her color had changed to a pale blue and her rough membrane had smoothen out. Lady Tully had turned from a snake to a worm!

 

DING!

 

PLEASE NAME VIRUS AGENT

 

Oh? He was able to name this newly mutated virus agent even though it wasn’t an undead? He had thought that the virus agent would keep its old name. After some thought, Moss decided to keep Lady Tully’s name. [Let’s just go with Tully.]

 

DING!

 

NAME REGISTERED

Announcement

Name: Tully

Title: Frost Floral Lesion Virus (FFLV)

Host: Tulip Breaking Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 3

Infection Progress (IP): 0/50000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 6
  • Severity – 8
  • Lethality – 5
  • Durability – 10
  • Mana – 2

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes a cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Pollinate (Active) – fertilizes other plants with infected seeds.
  • Strangle (Active) – wraps around victims and induce strangulation.
  • Chilly Aura (Active) – unleashes a wave of coldness that slows down targets within the area.
  • Freeze Ray (Active) – launches a beam of ice magic that freezes an enemy upon direct hit.
  • Subordinance (Passive) – bound to Moss via dominance; cannot be broken by normal means; swears loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected bluish
  • Lesions – causing open wounds on the infected
  • Chilliness – a slight chill persisting on the infected, causing slowness and cold to the touch
  • Frosty – turns all of the moisture in affected area into ice

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 5%

So that’s how it is. If I inject DNA into a living virus agent, it would retain everything except its stats and level. The level seemed to decrease significantly, and the stats is adjusted according to the level. Moss mulled over the new subordinate’s status. Unlike Lichen’s undying loyalty, Tully has subordinance. Does this mean she might betray me? I got to watch out for that.

 

Moss looked towards Tully and tentatively asked. [Are you still connected with your sequents? What about your TMV children? Do they still listen to you?]

 

Tully examined her new self and found that not only could she not connect with her sequents, but she also could not feel the connection between her and her children. The distraught virus agent looked towards her master and told Moss her situation.

 

[I see. No matter, Lichen will take care of them. Go infect as many tulips as you can. Let’s take over this place once and for all!] Moss wiggled dismissively as the duo headed outside the premises to aid Lichen against the hundred TBV agents.

80