Covincing a certain someone
147 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''So, how will I convince Gareth to give me the village token?'' One might think this task is an easy one, but you would be wrong after all the village token gives complete control over how the village will be run in the future. It isn't something you can just give away for free to a random stranger. Even though Drake isn't a stranger to Gareth, he's only been in the village for a few days.

Drake was deep in thought so he didn't hear that a certain someone just entered the kitchen to cook something after a good night sleep, this person was Gareth of course, and he noticed that Drake was concentrating on something.

''Hmm, what has got you so occupied Drake?'' Gareth said in a loud voice, after Gareth voiced his concerns, he took a sip of the tea he had prepared in the morning.

*Slurp*

''Nothing much I'm just thinking about the future.''

''The future is uncertain yet predictable, it's not good to dwell on these matters Drake, you should think of the present instead of the future, now tell me.''

''To be honest, it's about the village token, I want to make this village better for the Elves, don't you want to go outside for once in a while? I could even help the village to upgrade with an upgrade token.

''Pffft...! Upgrade token, where did you get that from? Hmm, very well I'll consider your request when you reach level 20.''

Even though the upgrade token wasn't a rare thing to come by, it still was very beneficial to the village since the Elves were quite poor and had too little manpower to always upgrade the village. One must keep in mind that upgrading the village isn't the same as expanding the village, expanding the village was just adding more houses and maybe a few more service buildings, meanwhile upgrading the village meant that the village buildings got bigger and sturdier, the roads will be smoother and if there are walls they will also upgrade to the next level. Also when the village gets upgraded more magical energy will flow into the land thus making it easier for people to get stronger, while also making the soul richer and filled with energy, which allows magical herbs to grow. This upgrading is also the reason why the humans are so dominant in this world since they have higher leveled cities that expanded into countries the human average human is usually level 30 to 40 while the average Elf is level 10 to 20. the fact that Gareth was able to get such a high level means that he was quite talented.

The levels in this world are increased by experience points, and experience points are just the magical energy that you intake. The more you have of it the more powerful you will become, however getting experience points is harder than you might think. The most common way for people to level up is to meditate and slowly take in the energy that is around them. Of course, there are also other ways of getting experience points like working on your profession or hunting monsters, the latter, however, is only done by adventurers since normal people are too weak to even fight against them.

Drake decided to meditate instead of fighting. Since he was told by Gareth that when you get experience points from enemies, you steal the energy of your opponents. It's a very quick way to increase your level but it leaves a shaky foundation which in turn leads to being weaker among others of the same level. Drake didn't want to have a shaky foundation so meditating was the best thing he could do.

Drake found a nearby cave and closed his eyes. He breathed in the energy and breathed out all the toxins that were in his body. Doing this had turned days into weeks and weeks turned into months. During this time Drake got closer to the villagers, Eila and Gareth. Eila took him out to hunt sometimes but they only caught some deer and small animals. Even though there were supposed to be loads of goblins and orcs inside Breihl the forest itself was bigger than Talios and the 3 human countries combined, so finding a monster was more of a luck thing, but even so, those deer still leveled up his Archery skill.

[You have gained a level!]

[You have gained a level!]

[You have gained a level!]

...

On a particular night, a change happened to Drake, boundless energy started swirling towards him. It was so thick that you could see it with the naked eye. After that, a loud boom could be heard echoing inside the cave.

*Booooooooooom*

Drake opened his eyes and they were pitch black. The energy that could be seen within his eyes was like an endless void but they soon returned to normal.

''Finally, I did! I finally reached level 20!''

Drake was practically shining, after all this time he reached level 20. This was also the level at which you can choose your job, and after level 20 you can only choose a new job at level 50 and then after that 100. Choosing a job is a very important decision, after all, you can't change jobs once you have chosen them, choosing a job will also affect how you will fight in the future. For example, if you choose the job [Ranger] you will, of course, be fighting with bows, also when you reach level 50 the job [Advanced Ranger] will show up alongside other jobs.

[You have 85 unused attribute points]

Drake slowly stood up and opened his status he put 20 points into Vitality, 20 points into Strength, 20 points into Endurance, 10 points into Intelligence, 10 points into Wisdom and 5 points into luck.

--

[Status:

Name: Drake

LVL: 20, Exp: 0/300

Titles: None

Job: None

Race: Elf

Health: 384/384

Mana: 400/400

Stamina: 660/660

Skills: None

Development skills: [Archery LVL: 4, Tier 1]

Racial skills: [Agile], [Aptitude for magic],[Blessing of the void], [Magical Body]

Spells: None

Vit: 32(20% Increase)

Str: 33(20% increase)

End: 33

Agi: 12

Int: 20

Wis: 20

Luck: 15

Current instance: Orion, Erbahn]

--

Drake was very satisfied with his progress, but he soon came across a problem: the absorption rate of the energy was declining at an increasing rate. Drake was still confused as to why that was so he decided to go back to the village and speak with Gareth.

4