Magical filter
135 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Drake! What happened? I suddenly found the mana density increasing and rushed over here,'' she said heavily breathing.

Drake waved his hand, ''Oh Eila don't worry that was me just using an upgrade token.''

''Upgrade token?'' Eila asked with a confused expression on her face after that Drake proceeded to explain to her what happened, and how he became the village chief.

''I see, so I should call you boss from now on?''

''Hahahaha, no, just calling by my name is fine. Well you shouldn't be missing the initial surge of energy, it could help you grow stronger much quicker, it's an opportunity you don't get to experience all that often, I'm also going to make use of this opportunity.''

''Oke, Drake I'll come to visit you later.'' Wind started swirling underneath her feet and she dashed away into the distance at an astonishing speed. 'I wonder what that skill is? I'll ask Eila to teach it to me after I'm done'

Drake shook his head, he didn't have a lot of time left to do what he wanted to do, he cleared his mind and focused himself.

After that, Drake went into his menu and went back to the territory feature. He selected the magical buildings icon and a wide selection of buildings appeared side by side, most of the buildings we're grey and had a big lock in front of them. There were also some which were red and others which were green. Drake had played civilization sims before so he could guess that the grey buildings were locked behind a technological lock and that the green ones meant that he had the resources to build them, while the red ones meant that he didn't have the resources to build them.

Drake was excited for the future because just from glimpsing at the buildings that were greyed out he could tell that instead of energy powering the space stations of his previous world, these buildings and other things related to them we're powered by magic.

Drake decided to do some experiments and selected the building: [Magic enricher] as his first test, the building was relatively small compared to the other buildings and didn't emit a lot of sound. However, this building was like a cheat in the current situation. When Drake upgraded the village, massive amounts of magical energy started gathering. What makes this building so special is that it filters the waste in the magical energy and purifies it. Think of the current purity of magic as water that is muddy and filled with all kinds of impurities, while the [Magic enricher] is a water filter. That means that instead of water coming through unfiltered, there would be a flood of water that was filtered. The water that flooded into the village would be much cleaner and purer. Of course, a flood isn't infinite which means that now is the best time to place down this building.

That is exactly what Drake did and selected the [Magic enricher] and his view changed, he hovered over the village like normal, but now there was a blue outline of a building directly in his vision. Drake moved the blueprint to the location he decided earlier, a relatively isolated area located in the eastern part of the village.

--

[Would you like to place down this building?]

[Yes/No]

--

Drake selected Yes and the building appeared out of nowhere, while some resources which were stored inside the warehouse disappeared. the [Magic enricher] immediately started working and sucked in all the magical energy in the vicinity, a while later it started spewing out much purer and denser magical energy which moved to the ground, while the less dense energy was pushed upwards.

Drake knew the conversion was going to take a lot of time before it was completed, so he let the machine do its thing on its own and moved towards the center of the village

When he got to the center of the village, he remembered that he was going to ask his system about the hidden attributes, Drake couldn't be bothered to go back to his cave, and since the entire village was eerily quiet, he decided to just ask the system now

''System, what are hidden attributes?'' Drake was expecting something to happen, but he didn't expect the all so familiar female voice to provide this answer.

''User, hidden attributes are hidden for a reason.''

'Damn, this system sure is stingy, it can't even provide this little amount of information!'

''User, you shouldn't have expected an answer, because if you didn't you also couldn't be disappointed.''

''You...'' Drake sighed, being on the bad side of the system is probably not a good thing, since it could someday quite literally become his lifeline.

Deciding not to make a fuss out of the matter, Drake exited the menu and started moving towards Gareth's house. He needed to somehow get skills for his class, and the best person to ask was Gareth. He could also pass by Eila and maybe pick up that movement type skill that she used earlier.

Back at Gareth's house, you could hear explosions in the backyard, turns out Eila and Gareth were having a sparring session, and surprisingly Eila had the upper hand. Even though you could see Gareth was restraining himself quite a bit, it was still a feat to be able to fight with Gareth and not lose in a single second. Since he had nothing to do Drake decided to analyze the battle between the two, and a drop of sweat rolled down his face, according to what Drake saw Gareth strength was at least 5 times the amount of a normal person. Gareth was clearly a BOSS level character that had such strength, even though from his actions you could see that he was a mage, and he heavily restrained himself.

'Holy shit! Someone remind me to never mess with Gareth, no wonder the Elves weren't eradicated until now'

While Gareth was strong, Eila clearly had the upper hand, and as if to prove this point, wind started gathering around the surprisingly agile blade that she had in her hand. She crouched down like a tiger waiting for its prey while she adopted a combat stance and leaped forward forcing Gareth to leap backwards in order to evade the sudden counter-attack...

3