Sparring session
129 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Gareth lept backwards he failed to evade the charge of Eila, and sparks filled the air as their swords clashed. The effect of the wind's magical energy was long gone, but Eila quickly tried to gather it again. Of course, Gareth wouldn't allow that so he casted a slow spell on her while she was busy, which put Eila in a tight spot! The slow debuff would last for at least 20 seconds so she needed to stall Gareth for those 20 seconds in order to gain the initiative again. However in battles, 20 seconds was a long time especially if it involved people with supernatural powers, but Eila couldn't just let her father win like this. So she used the wind movement type skill that was shown earlier to counteract the debuff, now that she wasn't slowed anymore, she quickly back stepped in order to gather energy for her next attack.

''I'm sorry father, but I won't let you win this easy!'' Immediately after she said that, a massive amount of magical energy quickly gathered around her blade. Which she then swung in a graceful arc and a slash made out of condensed wind energy moved towards Gareth at an astonishing speed.

[Wind Slash]!

''Eila, your father might be old, but he ain't rusty.'' When Gareth said that, a terrifying amount of magical energy seeped into the surroundings and condensed a barrier around him.

[Magical Barrier]!

As the energies collided, Drake started to feel a terrifying pressure, these two were monsters without reason, he was pretty sure if they would go all out the entire village would have been destroyed by the shockwaves alone, it's a good thing that they are only having a sparring session

While the wind slash and the magical barrier were competing with each other, Gareth started gathering fire elemental energy inside his palm, the fire energy slowly morphed into the shape of a ball, it was twisting and turning just like a flame, but this wasn't all, immediately after Gareth started gathering space elemental energy around the flame and for some reason, Drake felt like the flame became something familiar to him, the flame was now an eerily blue and it no longer was as wild as before, it just sat there in the middle of the air, quietly and peacefully

''I'm sorry Eila, but I think we should end the session here'' when Gareth was finally done talking, the flame seemed to transcend space itself and teleported directly beside Eila

[Void Flame]!

She widened her eyes in shock. But before she could react, the flame broke through her defense in an instant and exploded right next to her.

*Boooooooooom*

When the dust settled there was a crater of more than 10 meters deep inside the courtyard, laying in the middle was Eila who was unconscious. Gareth jumped inside the crater and picked up Eila in a princess carry, he turned to Drake wanting to say something.

''Drake, you can come to visit me later in the evening, I'm guessing you want to learn some skills.'' Gareth opened his spatial storage and he took out a book which radiated a special aura, he tossed it over to Drake.

''Here take this for now, I'll give you more at a later date.'' After he said that he opened a portal beside himself, he stepped inside leaving Drake behind who could only stare in awe.

--

[Detected skill book: Wind Dash

Would you like to learn?]

[Yes/No]

--

''Yes'' after Drake said that a rush of information directly went inside his mind. After it was finished, the book turned into light particles and disappeared never to be seen again. Drake wanted to immediately test his new skill but he first wanted to know what it did, so he opened his status.

--

Status:

Name: Drake

LVL: 20, Exp: 100/300

Titles: [Lucky]

Class: Paragon

Race: Elf

Health: 384/384

Mana: 400/400

Stamina: 660/660

Skills: [Wind Dash]

Development skills: [Archery LVL: 4, Tier 1]

Racial skills: [Agile], [Aptitude for magic],[Blessing of the void], [Magical Body]

Spells: None

Vit: 32(20% Increase)

Str: 33(20% increase)

End: 33

Agi: 12

Int: 20

Wis: 20

Luck: 15(+15)

Current instance: Orion, Erbahn]

--

[Skill: Wind Dash

-Gathers wind elemental energy around your feet, which increases your speed

-Increases overall speed by 20%

-Deactivates when hit

-Can be stacked with other skills, spells or buffs]

-Every minute that this skill is active it uses 2 Mana

--

Even though the skill was relatively simple in nature, the effects were obvious. It increased his speed by 20%, which was very good for Drake at the moment since his Agility was lacking, also the buff can be stacked with others which makes it even more OP. The only downside is that it deactivates when you're hit, so you can’t use it to get out of a damage over time attack, like poison or a field of fire.

Drake exited the status screen and activated [Wind Dash], wind elemental energy quickly started gathering around his feet. He could feel the effects of the skill working in him. Drake's speed was about 36km/h without the skill, but with the skill on it turned into 43,3km/h, while the average human speed was in between 20 to 30km/h. It wasn't a lot faster, but the more Drake put points into his Agility the better this skill will be.

By now the mana flood of the village was completely gone and everything returned to peace and quiet, Drake decided to check the territory feature for any new updates, after he started hovering again, he saw a new statistic, Magical Density(Currently: 4) The number 4 means that the village has a density of a lvl 4 village or town. This number can be influenced by various buildings or quests, it can also be influenced by the number of people but for a village the effect is minuscule.

Drake wanted to exit the territory feature but he noticed something interesting in the corner of his vision, it was a resource node!

3