Chapter 12- I’m Leaving you Dan!
271 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After School, Later That Night

“Mark my words ♪ This love will make you levitate! ♪”

Reyna sang the song lyrics while she and Dan dirty danced in his living room.

Good times.

While the heavy bass music vibrated the apartment, Dan slipped into the kitchen to put away the remainder of the perfectly seared scallops with herb-infused brown butter, he cooked for Reyna.

Because Dan-Can-Cook!

“Dan-Dan, thank you for the wonderful dinner. And I filled up the bathtub for two, so come join me!” yelled Reyna as she stripped to nothing in the living room and sauntered to the bathroom.

Dan watched her perfect ass pass by and asked, “Umm Reyna, d-did you make the water as hot as you did the last time? Because I’m still red-”

“What? Do you want me to make it hotter? Because I most certainly can, Daniel!” she yelled from the bathroom.

“Why? So you can boil me alive?” he cried.

“Oh stop crying, you’ll get used to it. Now hurry up, cause this water’s getting cold, and you don’t want me to-oh-?”

Before she said another word Dan magically appeared in the bathroom doorway.

“Hi, don’t add any more hot water!” he said with a finger wag while covering himself with a skimpy towel.

“Then get in!”

“Right!” This is gonna hurt, again.

He dropped the towel and placed his foot in the water.

“Aaaah! Why is it so hot?” he whined

“Hee hee, to keep you honest, Daniel *kiss* *kiss*”

You Leaving Me?

As the baka-couple lay in each other’s arms soaking in the hot tub, Dan asked her to help him dig up the information on the holding companies in Frank’s files.

“Of course I’ll help you! And I have the banking connections to do it!”

Dan glanced at her, “Yeah, I kinda guessed you did, thanks!”

“Um-hm, and I can be like your ♪ lovely assistant, ” she sang.

Dan’s eyes popped open, What? So Rica’s impersonation of you was spot on Hahahaha! He covered his mouth and chuckled.

“Eh? What’s so funny?” she asked.

“Nothing! Inside joke *kiss* *bite*”

“Yeah, *kiss* But Danny. I’m leaving you!” she whispered.

“Oh?” he smirked, “You leaving me for another fella? I bet he’s a college professor, right? It’s ok, I understand,” he teased her.

“No! *kiss* *bite* I’m flying to LA tomorrow evening. I have business on Monday but I have friends I need to see when I’m out there.”

“Aww, when are you coming back?”

“Should be Wednesday, if all goes well. But don’t worry, I’ll dig up that info you need on those businesses and message you back.”

“Ok~ thank you *kiss*!” he gave her love.

“Hmph!” she pouted.

Dan smirked. “What baby? What did I do, or didn’t do now?”

She squinted at him, “Are you gonna miss me?”

Dan thought about it, “Hmm..let me think~”

“You bastard!”

Reyna tried to get out of the tub, but evil Dan pulled her back in. He then climbed on top of her in the water.

“You brute!” she cried, helpless.

“Hm hm hm!” he laughed with evil. “I’m not gonna miss you girl, do you know why?”

“Why?” she asked.

He spread her legs, reached down and slipped it in her.

“Ah, Danny.”

Her resistance fell to nothing, as he stroked her under the water.

“I’m not gonna miss you cause I’m not gonna let you go, you bad girl,” he whispered.

And she gyrated.

“Damn you, Dan! Aaaahhh, I’ll get you for this. Ohh that’s nice,” she cried, helpless.

The Next Morning, Saturday.

Dan made breakfast for Reyna as she hustled to get dressed.

“Ai, I gotta get back to my place, deal with Rica, grab my suitcase, then catch a cab to the airport!”

He smiled, “Busy life of a successful woman!”

“Thank you! I’m glad you see that. You know I try to explain this to Rica all the time-”

“Oh? My top student Rica?” said Dan, “Nah, she’s a good kid, relatively speaking. But I don’t think she approves of you and I hanging out so much.”

Reyna smirked, “Really? What makes you say that?”

Dan touched the side of his stomach, “Call it a gut feeling!”

“Oh well, she’ll just have to get over it,” said Reyna, oblivious to Dan’s reference. “Oh right. Dan, I wanted to ask you something.”

“What’s up?” he replied, sipping his coffee.

“I know you’re from Pennsylvania and all~”

“The Keystone state~” he answered.

“Right.” She paused, “But um, you’re in New York City now. So why do you have a gun?”

“What?”

Jealous

After breakfast, Dan walked Reyna to her BMW. As he stood outside her door, she gave him grief.

“Dan-Dan, you behave yourself, and I’ll call you when I can get a chance~”

“Ok, *kiss*”

“And, oh crap! I forgot. You may get a phone call from Tara or Kitty. You remember them right?” she asked.

“Yeah, the two pretty-”

“Pretty? You think they’re pretty?”

“Aaaah! No! I meant that I remembered them, and they're not my type, I guess. But why are they calling me?”

Reyna’s eyes narrowed to slits as she stared at Dan, “Yeah, you watch your step buddy. Anyway, they want to get in contact with you to discuss your charity and potentially line you up with more donations.”

“Really? Well, that’s nice of them. But why do they want to help me?”

“They’re like that. But also!” she gently grabbed his face and locked his eyes. “Those two slim beauties had better not talk to you about anything else but your math charity, Dan, are we clear?”

Eeep! So this is where Rica gets this possessive behavior from! And I’m allowing it! “Heh heh, listen you jealous girl, I have no intention of creeping with two beautiful Cantonese sisters while you’re away. I’m already busy enough.”

Reyna cracked a smile, “You're a funny guy, Dan, mhm. And I’m sure you’ll do the right thing. But trust me, if you do the wrong thing.” She revved her engine, “I’ll know!”

“Yes, I’m sure you will!"

They kissed, and as she drove off she gave a last warning, “Don’t shoot yourself in the foot with that gun, Dan, or anyplace else.” And she sped off.

“It’s not part of my plan. At least not this week!” Dan yelled, shaking his head as Reyna drove away.

Just A Few Questions

As Dan walked back to his apartment building he watched two big men in suits exit a dark silver Crown Victoria. The two men then advanced in front of Dan’s path on the sidewalk and greeted him.

“Good morning sir, is your name Dan Capra?”

A cold sweat raced through Dan, but he answered, “Yes, I’m Dan. Can I help you?”

The men nodded with awkward smiles and calmly pulled out NYPD Detective badges. The older of the two spoke.

“Dan, my name is Detective Brian, this is my partner Detective Santos. And we’re looking into the details of a murder of a Mr. James Whittaker. An accountant. Have you ever heard the name before Mr. Capra?”

What?

Dan stood silent for two seconds. An eternity, “No officer, I can’t say I have. Are you homicide detectives?”

“Us? No Mr. Capra we're Criminal Investigation Division, we're handling other aspects of the case,” said Det. Santos.

“Right, in particular the organized crime aspect,” said Brian. “Mr. Capra, I’m going to ask you another question and your answer will determine how I deal with you from this point on.”

“Umm..right, but I don’t know what kind of questions you could have for me-”

“Have you associated with a man named Frank Ross in the last two weeks, Dan?” asked Det. Brian.

Holy shit...

“Frank Ross?”

“Yes, Mr. Capra. He owns a nightclub called Zero downtown. Recently his accountant Artie Salbon was murdered in Brooklyn. Does any of this ring a bell to you?”

“I um, I met Frank once-”

The detectives glanced at each other and moved closer to Dan.

“Mr. Capra. Why don’t you take a ride with us and let’s see if we can clear a few things up-”

Dan pulled back, “Wait? Why? I don’t have anything to do with anyone’s murder!”

“Then you have nothing to hide and nothing to worry about, right?”

Wow, cops are all the same everywhere. “That’s fine officers, but as a citizen, I’m aware of my rights, and if I’m not under arrest I don’t see any-”

The detectives pulled out their handcuffs.

“Dan, I warned you that your answers would affect how I dealt with you. I’m being civil with you now, but if you want I can arrest you for conspiracy for tax evasion because you’re helping Frank Ross do just that. Now of course it won’t hold up in court, but the fact that you spent the weekend in jail will not reflect well on the reputation of that fancy school you teach at!” said Det. Brian.

Seriously. Everywhere you go cops do whatever the hell they want.

“What do you want from me?” Dan asked.

“Simple, Dan. You get in the car. You take a ride with us and answer any and every question we have. You be smart, and maybe you don’t see a jail cell. Are you following all of this, buddy?” asked Det. Brian.

Dan scowled at the cops, “Doesn’t seem I got much of a choice, do I?”

With cruel eyes the younger Det. Santos answered, “No Mr. Capra, you don’t. Now get in the car.”

Right, and to think my day started so well.

...

8