Ch 2 – Entering the Barracks
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After moving through the grass, Ailen realized a few things. One was that he could move very easily. He wasn’t sure how well he could move as he was used to walking with two legs, but he moved naturally, almost as if he had been walking this way from the beginning.

 

Ailen was also surprised by how fast he was going. In the game, an agility of 3 would be quite slow. Instead of slow, Ailen was speeding through the grass.

 

In a few minutes, he reached the point indicated on the map.

 

There was quite a large clearing, much larger than where he started. A large wooden building filled the area.

 

Numerous cockroaches were entering and exiting. The building was large enough to fit at least 500, if not more.

 

The blinking of the point on the map did not stop, so he knew he had to enter.

 

As he approached the building, he noticed small signs popping up above every other cockroach.

 

‘Tyriel’

‘Gasper’

‘Mhrtyl’

‘Porris’


Ailen knew what these were. In Legion Attack, every other character would have identification signs above them with their name.

 

‘So cockroaches have them too.’

 

It was looking more and more similar to the game.

 

With that thought, Ailen pushed through the large crowd inside.

 

‘Woah!’

 

He exclaimed.

 

The inside of the building looked much larger than it did outside.

 

There were hundreds of booths, presumably for each soldier. Forgetting why he was here, Ailen was mesmerized by the beautiful organization within the building.

 

“Hey Zuro!”

 

A high-pitched voice called out.


Ailen didn’t pay it any mind and continued moving along.

 

“I’m talking to you!!!”

 

The voice called out again, getting louder this time.

 

Ailen turned around this time and ----

 

“Ugh, that hurts.”

 

--- he collided with the cockroach that was shouting.

 

As he turned his gaze upwards, he noticed the cockroach who was shouting thus far.

 

‘Caitlin’

 

That was the name above this cockroach.

 

“Respond when I’m talking to you.”

 

Caitlin muttered as she was rising from the ground.

 

Now Ailen was sure that this cockroach was talking to him. 

 

‘Oh yeah, my name is now Zuro.’

 

It was listed in his status window and the other cockroach from the clearing also addressed him as such. It seems to be his name in this world.

 

Not knowing what to respond, Ailen just stayed silent.

 

“Anyway, aren't you excited.”

 

Caitlin asked, seemingly forgetting that she bumped into him.

 

“Why aren’t you saying anything?”

 

Ailen knew he had to respond now. He couldn’t have the other cockroaches becoming suspicious already.\

 

“Sorry, I was just so surprised”

 

Ailen spoke for the first time since he came to this world. Even he was surprised at how his voice sounded. It was oddly similar to his voice back on Earth.

 

“Okay~ Now let’s go to our stations.”

 

Caitlin said in a sweet voice as she started heading forward cheerfully.

 

“Wait, can you guide me to my station. I forgot where it was.”

 

Ailen quickly says. It would be much easier if a friend could show him the way. He was sure it would take him months to find it amongst all the other stations here.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about. Our stations are right next to each other.”

 

Caitlin turned around before replying in a confused manner.

 

“Right, lead the way.”

 

Ailen hurriedly raised his body and proceeded to follow Caitlin.

After what seemed like an hour, Caitlin finally stopped in front of one.

 

It looked identical to the other ones. There was what looked like a cabinet, a table in the middle, and a dashboard on the left corner.

 

Above the station, there was a board of wood with his name on it.

 

‘Zuro’

 

That was his name now. Ailen made sure to remember it well. He needed to be ready when others referred to him with it.

 

On the way to the station, he saw numerous other cockroaches doing some strange actions in their stations.

 

They seemed to be taking what looked like armor and potions from the cabinet on to the table. Then the items suddenly disappeared. They then went over to the dashboard and suddenly vanished.

 

While Ailen was thinking deeply, Caitlin turned around to look at him.

 

“What’re you waiting around for. Put your gear in your inventory.”

 

She turned around and headed to her own cabinet in her station. After opening it, she took out her gear as well.

 

‘Inventory!’

 

That was it. Ailen realized what all the cockroaches were doing was puting the gear in their inventory. All players in Legion Attack were designated a space to carry items and equipment.

 

As they increased their level, the amount of objects they could store increased as well. It seemed cockroaches could access inventory as well.

 

In this way, the cockroaches were very similar to the players.

 

Ailen headed to his own cabinet and opened it.

 

Inside were a variety of items. A bunch of vials with different colored liquids. There were also the exoskeletons that Ailen recognized from what the Legion Army soldiers usually wore.

 

He recognized most of the vials in the shelf. Healing, vitality, elixirs to increase your stats, mana power-ups, growth. There were also some that he couldn’t recognize.

 

‘Ah’

 

In the middle of the shelf, there were a couple vials with a jet black liquid. It was emanating a dark aura.

 

Now to put them in his inventory.

 

‘Inventory’

 

He simply thought of the word for the panel to pop up in his vision. Similar to the other windows, it was identical to the window he has seen within the game.

 

[Transfer all items from the cabinet to the Inventory?]

  • [Yes]
  • [No]

Another window popped up, overlaying the inventory. Ailen proceeded to think ‘Yes’ and the items from the Cabinet vanished.

 

Ailen turned now to the dashboard in the corner. If what he thought was right, the dashboard could be used to Warp, which was probably what the other cockroaches were doing.

 

He turned to look to the right where Caitlin was. She was also waiting in front of her dashboard. After a few seconds, a blue light encapsulated her body and she vanished.

 

‘It’s a warp!’

 

The Warp was usually a command that could only be used by higher-level heroes within the kingdom. But how could cockroaches do it so easily.

 

Ailen already had too much to think about so he brushed it aside. He moved over to the dashboard and started the process.

 

‘Warp’

 

Just like the other commands, it could be easily used.

 

[Warp to the Palace?]

 

It looked like that was the only option. The Legion Army must have modified the warp used by humans for this purpose.

 

‘Yes’


With that reply, Ailen was covered with a blue light as well. His body felt lighter and he felt his conscience drifting off.

 

After a few seconds, Ailen vanished from the station.

0