chapter 7 the Funeral
1.1k 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" the king cried, waking up gripping his neck.

The scream caused two guards to enter the chamber in a rush.

“Your highness, are you all right? We heard your scream!” one of them spoke.

“Just a bad dr..” Just as the king was about to continue, his lower body felt chilly and his eyes moved in that direction.

The guards followed their king’s eyes and saw something they shouldn’t have and before they could even move their surrounding went ablaze.

“Damn” The king pissed himself because of the nightmare.

Usually his attendants took care of his wardrobe and bath, but today it seems like he will have to depend on himself.

Even though he was embarrassed just now, he controlled his emotions and forced his mind to focus on the crucial problem, the reason he pissed himself and that that person was arriving today.

He quickly picked an emerald sphere on his nightstand, he poured mana into it causing it to glow and shouted “Find Illya right this instant! I need to know where and how she is within five minutes.”

saying so he got up, burnt the clothes on his body and the bed he slept on, he destroyed evidence to the blemish on his life.

He walked towards the window and saw the sun just above the horizon and sighed “Good, it hasn’t been long since sunrise.”

next second the emerald sphere glowed, and a voice came out [Your majesty we found the princess, it’s just that…]

Before the voice could continue the king asked in a hurry “Where is she?”.

The voice answered [Your majesty, princess Illya is sleeping on the couch in Lady Serena’s bedchamber, it’s just that she is sleeping on the lap of an unknown lady with silver hair, as we can only glance through the window we cannot describe her features properly but can surely say that she is beautiful, before we approached this person we thought it was best if we informed you first.]

Cold sweat started on the king’s head and before he could even speak a melodic but cold voice emerged from the sphere.

[You know, I understand that you worry about Illya’s whereabouts but don’t you think it's disrespectful to peek through the window of a lady’s chamber? Pass your lord my message, I want to meet him here.]

The king spoke in haste “Don’t you idiots dare displease that person, I am coming in a minute.”

The King quickly wore mourning clothes and rushed towards Serena’s mansion.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In Serena’s chamber, White looked through the window towards two people who were hiding in the trees.

“You know, there is no need to hide, come inside, properly through the door.” White spoke solemnly.

The two quickly rushed inside the mansion and knocked on the door to Serena’s chamber.

The doors automatically opened, and they walked in with their head lowered.

“Lift your heads, I am not offended, you were just performing your duties.” White spoke.

They slowly lifted their heads, When they saw white’s face they were breathless. They knew she was a beauty but when they could see her clearly, they were lost for words, they did not know how to describe her, all they could mutter was “beautiful..”

“Thank you for the compliment, but I don’t think this is an appropriate time for flattery.” White spoke calmly, patting Illya’s head who was sleeping on her lap.

They Tried to apologize, “We beg for your forgiveness…” but stopped when they saw White place a finger on her lips.

“Don’t speak loudly, can you not see that she is sleeping, just sit silently and don’t speak unless I tell you to.” White spoke with a chilly tone.

The two nodded. They silently took two chairs and sat against the adjacent wall.

Just then a person rushed into the chamber.

White spoke displeased, “Do you not know how to knock?”.

The king was also stunned at White’s Beauty but quickly controlled himself; he wanted to apologize but before he could speak,

White glanced at him “It seems you rushed here even though you are a king, I will not find fault with you now, we have more important issues to attend to.”

The king sighed “I thank you my lady, please call me Hynfyd.” He introduced himself first as a sign of respect.

“You can address to me as White, have a seat.” White spoke calmly.

He lightly spoke “Thank you, lady White.” Saying, so he sat on a sofa next to the couch.

When he sat down, he could see two people in black clothing sitting on chairs opposite to him. He became anxious again.

“Don’t worry about them, shall we continue where we left off?” White spoke.

“Surely, lady White.” The king spoke respectfully.

White gazed towards Serena’s body on the bed “First, I want to take care of Serena’s funeral myself.”

It surprised the king; he wanted to say something, but White interrupted him again.

“I am not asking for permission, I am just telling you what I am about to do as you are the head of the royal family.” Said White.

She raised her hand and snapped her fingers. In an instant golden light covered Serena’s body and then dispersed in form of countless butterflies and at the end Serena’s body was nowhere to be found, White gave thumbs up to herself….. Serena’s body secured.

White used a spell to store Serena’s body in a safe place and camouflaged the process by using these golden butterflies of mana.

The scene was so beautiful that the trio of King and his servants remained star-struck even after the butterflies dissipated. They still did not notice Serena’s missing body.

The King was first to recover and when he noticed that Serena had disappeared he turned to White but did not know how to ask her.

White glanced at the king and spoke “The body became one with the mana of the world, this way she will always be able to watch over her daughter.”

The king was in awe he did not know such a spell existed “My lady such a beautiful spell, it's the first time I am witnessing such a beautiful moment.”

“It is a forgotten spell from the ages of antiquity and one of the most beautiful spells to have ever been created, It can only be performed by sorcerers so few know about it.” White spoke in a calm tone.

The King knew White was at least a Magus King, but he always suspected her to be a sorcerer and now he finally had his answer.

“Thank you for letting me witness such a beautiful spell and I know Serena will be happy too.” The king spoke in a slightly merry tone. At first he wanted to refuse, but he doesn’t think he can give a grander funeral than what White gave.

White wanted to smirk but controlled herself, “I hope so too, now for the next issue, I will take care of Illya from now on.”

The king didn’t know what to say, he had prepared for Illya to live with the queen, “Lady White, how can we burden you with taking care of Illya, you must be busy, Me and my queen will take care of Illya personally.” He could not let Illya leave. She was his bargaining chip and now that he knew White was a sorceress, he can’t let her go.

“Again, I am not asking for permission or your thoughts on the matter, I am just telling you what I am about to do. As Illya’s godmother it is my responsibility to take care of her.” White spoke solemnly.

“…” The King stunned, he knew White cared for Illya but never knew she was her godmother.

“and don’t worry about Illya leaving, Illya has her family and friends here so I will move here to live with Illya.” When white spoke this sentence her tone was slightly sarcastic, but the king did not notice.

“Then I will have the servants prepare a chamber for you, Lady White.” The King was happy, as things turned to his favour.

“Good, Now for the last matter, Serena’s death.” She spoke coldly.

The king turned silent as he could fell pressure building up on him, the two servants were already on the floor. She was angry!

“Last time I saw Serena she was healthy and just at the verge of breaking through to ascension stage, I thought nothing will happen but when I return I see my friend dead and I find it very suspicious and Serena who was in Ascension stage died because of an Illness, By the time I returned mana had already left her body so I could only examine her body which had no traces of poison but I found nothing that could have caused an Illness either.”

The king was bowing his head because of the pressure and was freaking out; he had miscalculated he had the traces of poison removed but he forgot that an illness needs to have a cause too, he also did not know Serena was White’s friend, he wanted to speak but could not. White slightly glanced at the king and smirked.

Then suddenly the pressure in the room disappeared, The king raised his head and saw two lines of tears traced White’s cheeks.

“I apologize, I am just sad, I just want to blame someone for her death and vent my anger, I cannot overlook the fact that her mana might have been the cause but as it has already dissipated, I can not know. I just need some time to sort out my emotions. Please leave the room.” White spoke in a grieved tone.

The two servants “…”, My lady, you can cry but can you not break us, we are just bystanders.

The trio stood up and left the room. If they stayed any longer, they might die.

After a few minutes a woman with purple hair in a maid outfit came in, [That was an Oscar level performance lady Hokage.]

36