chapter 8 Revenge?
1.1k 11 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 draft

[That was an Oscar level performance lady Hokage.] Machina spoke [we successfully secured lady Serena’s body].

“Right, I would expect no less from myself.” White spoke, “So how is your body?”.

[Its quite easy to operate. I was always thinking when it would be ready to use; the day has finally come.] Machine replied.

Her appearance was that of a beautiful girl with Purple hair and Golden eyes, she wore a classic maid outfit.

“That’s good!” white said glancing at Machina, then she asked, “What is the idiot doing now?”.

[You mean the King? He is sitting in the Hall.] Machina replied.

“You remember your lines, right?” White asked.

[Yes lady Hokage] Machina replied.

___________________________________________

“Why the hell were you two idiots in the room?” The king was furious.

“We apologize your majesty, It was Lady white….” before they could continue, they were interrupted.

“I know, if you two were ordinary soldiers and not shadows directly under my command I would have already incinerated you. Whatever happened in that room, don’t you dare speak about it ever again.” The king grinding his teeth.

“…” The two ... What did we do, she told us to sit.

Before anyone could say anything, they noticed a purple-haired maid coming down the stairs. It stupefied them as they couldn’t even sense her.

The king noticed them gazing behind him so he turned around and when he saw Machina he was also surprised, he could not sense her either, he was in the mansion for about an hour now but he did not sense anyone besides his shadows and Illya.

[Greeting, King of Vermillion kingdom Hynfyd Vermillion, I am Machina, Lady White’s maid, I am here deliver lady’s words to you.] she calmly walked towards the king.

“Greetings Machina, What does the lady want to say?” The king did a complete 180 on his tone. Just now he was spitting fire and ice on his subordinates. Now it seemed like flowers were coming out of his mouth.

[lady White doesn’t want to be disturbed today and wants you to take care of your family.] Machina spoke .

“Uh.. My Family?” The king did not understand, and it freaked him out... Was she threatening him?

[Yes your family, it's up to you to explain to your family about Lady Serena’s funeral and arrangements she has decided for Young lady Illya.] Machina replied.

Understanding dawned on the king, “Yes, I will take care of my family.” now he has to think how will he be explaining all that has transpired to his family.

[also there is no need to send any servants, I am more than capable to take care of my lady’s needs.] Machina quipped.

“Yes, I don’t think I can find maids worthy of serving her.” he spoke frankly, but he was at a loss as he couldn’t complain, at first he thought of sending some of his elite servants here.

Then silence prevailed. Machina just smiled. The king and his subordinates felt awkward.

“Then I...” King wanted to break the awkward silence.

[Yes, you may see yourselves out, we don’t want to waste time staring at each other.] Machina spoke in a calm tone.

“Yes.” saying so, the King walked out and his subordinates followed him out.

___________________________________________________________

In Serena’s chamber

“Did they leave?” White asked.

[Yes, lady Hokage.] Machina answered.

Illya who was sleeping on White’s lap suddenly moved. She was waking up. She slowly opened her eyes, she noticed that her head was being patted by a white hand.

“God-ma?” Illya asked.

“It seems you woke up good morning Illya.” White continued to pat Illya.

Illya slowly sat up. She observed her surroundings, which were familiar to her… did god-ma bring me back?.

She tried to recall what happened… Mom told me to find God-ma; I found her near the mansion then I fell asleep, wait mom.

She looked at the empty bed not so far from her. That was where her mother was supposed to be sleeping. She suddenly turned to look at White.

“God-ma, mom, she…” Illya about to cry again.

White looked at the aggrieved child and spoke “Illya, don’t cry everything is fine.”

“But, Mom where is ..” before she could continue White lifted Illya’s head and slowly pressed her forehead on to Illya’s.

A picture filled Illya’s mind, In a beautiful meadow her mother was sleeping peacefully on a bed and suddenly the image changed and she saw a pair of heterochromatic eyes staring into her.

White spoke as she slowly lifted her head, “Illya, you believe in me right?”.

“Yes” Illya replied, her sorrow had left her for some reason.

“Serena is fine, I can’t explain much now but trust me she is fine, just that she can’t comeback right now.” White spoke calmly while patting Illya.

Illya knew there were a lot of things she did not know about her godmother but that doesn’t change the fact that she could always believe in her, she was her beloved God-ma, she replied “I understand Godmother, I am relieved that mother is now safe,”

“What’s with that formal tone? Godmother? Nope, I ain’t taking that shit call me God-ma like you used to.” White pouted as she pinched Illya’s cheeks.

“Yes, God-ma” Illya smiled.

White nodded “good and remember every other person thinks Serena is dead so act appropriately outside.” she said.

She could somewhat understand what might have happened, so she replied “all right God-ma,” at that moment she noticed a purple-haired maid she was not familiar with “God-ma she is.”

“Ah, she is Machina my maid.” White quipped.

[Greetings young mistress Illya, you can call me Machina.] saying so she bowed lightly.

Illya looked at the beautiful girl and spoke “God-ma when did you have a maid?” she never saw such a maid in White’s mansion.

“She was there from a long-time you just did not notice, from today she will take care of our basic needs.” White answered.

[Yes, leave it to me.] affirmed Machina puffing her chest.

“Now to the main-course of our conversation, Illya, what do you want to do henceforth?” White spoke calmly.

“What I want to do?” Illya asked, not understanding.

“Yes,” White affirmed “Remember I promised you, I will take you to travel with me? We can do that now or..” White paused, looking at Illya.

“God-ma I want to stay, I want to destroy that royal family for making mom suffer like this.” Illya spoke as her eyes turned fierce.

White calmly spoke “I knew you would want to do that, I want to too”.

Listening to her words, Illya clenched her fists “then..” but White interrupted.

“But we can’t do that.” White spoke.

“Why God-ma?” Illya did not make a fuss at White’s words, she knew white must have a reason.

Looking at the calm Illya who did not make a fuss like normal people do, she felt proud… you raised her well Serena, thumbs up to you.

She patted her head and spoke calmly, “What do you think will happen if the royal family just disappeared? When the position of the ruler is empty what do you think the other nobles will do?”

Illya thought about what White said carefully and replied “They will try to snatch that position, everyone will fight for it leading into a civil war” .

“well, that is exactly what will happen, and a kingdom or country is at its weakest during a civil war, other countries can easily invade it, the nobles might get out safe but I don’t think Common people will have that privilege.” White spoke.

“They will turn into slaves.” Illya understood what White meant.

“I could prevent the invasion and civil war myself but I can’t stay here forever and its not in my character to be a ruler, the moment I leave chaos will break out.”

Illya could only sigh, “So we can’t just destroy the royal family.” even if she wanted revenge she can’t let innocent people face slavery and death because of war.

“Yes, as you chose to to destroy them we do that, just that we won’t do that with brute force.” White went to the bed and lied down.

While looking at White “Hmm, then what do we do now?” Illya asked.

“Just relax, let the game progress and let the opportunities present themselves.” White quipped.

[Then what do I do now, lady Hokage?] Machina chimed in and asked.

“Just setup all the devices we brought here, you know Wi-Fi is very important, as for the mini mana-reactor install it where no one would go.” White spoke lazily.

[I will get to it, lady Hokage.] Machina replied and as she was just about to leave.

“God-ma what does Hokage mean?” Illya asked, it was the first time she heard such a word.

Hearing that, White quickly sat up and glanced at Machina who was also looking at her with a poker face.

“…” White and Machina (O_O)

36