Chapter 9 Birthday
1k 11 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…” White didn’t know what to say…. The Frick, how am I supposed to answer that? Should I tell her honestly? What if she becomes addicted to anime? No, can’t let that happen!

“Hokage is a foreign term for Master.” White answered with a straight face.

“is that so? What language?” Illya accepted it.

“It's from the eastern continents, any way close your eyes.” White gave a vague answer and diverted the topic.

“Why?” Illya didn’t understand.

White got up from the bed and closed her eyes while glancing towards Machina.

When Illya opened her eyes it surprised her, she was surrounded with gift boxes.

“Happy Birthday Illya” saying so, White patted her head.

When her eyes were closed White took the boxes out, and Machina arranged them.

“10 gifts for the Birthdays I missed and 1 for today’s birthday, a total of 11.” White spoke smiling.

Illya looked at the surrounding Gifts. It wasn’t a surprise as she knew it was her birthday today and her God-ma will give her gifts but she did not think she will give her 11 gifts in one time.

“Thanks God-ma!” Illya spoke as she happily hugged White.

White also hugged her back and patted her head.

Machina was watching this happen with a poker face… Now what am I supposed to do?

White noticed Machina and made a come hither gesture with her hand, Machina went near her and was brought into her embrace. Machina was at a loss for words.

“If Serena was present now, this family would be complete..” White spoke smiling faintly .

She released the two from her embrace and rubbed their heads.

“Ah, I want to kick those bastards, I have to wait longer Damn it!” White clenched her fists.

[Lady, please calm down, we will destroy them anyway.] Machina chimed in, recovering from her previous stunned expression.

“Yeah, I know, I wish that bastard made his move quickly so I can decide what to do and get over with this quickly.” White spoke annoyed.

“What move are you waiting for, God-ma?” Illya asked.

“Well, for now I want to know how he will reveal my existence to others.” White answered.

“Your existence?” Illya did not understand.

“He knows I am powerful and won’t reveal my existence to others carelessly and make me feel annoyed, he won’t reveal me to other countries until I agree to support the royal family and the kingdom or else he will just be digging his own grave and look like a fool.” White replied.

[What we need to know right now is how I and the Lady will be introduced to the royal family.] Machina continued.

“Yes, If they don’t know my power and offend me, I can kill them with no hesitation but if the king reveals that I am powerful, they will be prudent and will not do shitty things, openly at least” White spoke her voice turning chilly, “As long as I have a reason, I can kill without batting an eye”.

“Are we not going to destroy the royal family any way? And the king will warn them not to offend you, the chance of them offending you either way is very low.” Illya spoke.

“He warned them not to mess with you and Serena, did they listen?” White quipped, “also I don’t really care, I just want to vent at the moment and killing a few of them is the best way.” she smiled both her pupils turning into vertical lines, she looked like a beast ready to shred her prey into pieces.

Looking at White like that Illya and Machina felt a chill and gulped, they secretly prayed for the future victims of this woman.

[Lady White, today we have to celebrate Illya’s birthday we can’t ruin the mood with this kind of talk.] Machina spoke, breaking White out of her ferocious look.

“Oh my, how could I do that, we can kill them anytime later today we must celebrate, Quick Illya open your gifts.” White spoke chuckling like the event before never happened.

Illya looked around her observing the gifts and slowly started opening them one by one, A Giant White Tiger Plushy, Sets of Frilly clothing made of material she never knew before, Sweets she never seen before, A green box which had a picture of a black box and some weird object with two legs on it, and the list went on.

some time later….

Illya Liked the White tiger and kept hugging the soft plushy and turned to White “God-ma I like them a lot, those sweets are so delicious, I have never seen dresses with such designs and this cute tiger I will sleep with it every day.” She spoke happily, “But these boxes with weird objects, what are they?” pointing to the ‘n*nt*ndo sw*tch’ and ‘Xb*x one’ and a carton of CD and Game Cartridges.

White looked at them. Before returning she returned to earth and bought these consoles for Illya but forgot about how she would explain about them, “They are video games, you played board games right? Its something like that but with these you can play games in these objects, ugh its difficult to explain why don’t I just show you!” White said flicking her finger making a ‘n*nt*ndo sw*tch’ appear in her palm, she turned it on and started playing a game in front of Illya.

Illya looked at this weird object which was glowing and showing a moving picture, there seemed to be people in this ‘game’ and her God-ma controlled one of them to fight and run, she was mesmerized by the art in the weird box and this new game she never knew about.

“This my dear god-daughter is a video game, to play these and enjoy them to the fullest you need to learn this language which I will teach you, and then you can enjoy unique stories brought to life by each game.” White was preaching something profound.

Illya looked at her God-ma with glowing eyes… Each game, unique story, what profound games each have a unique story to tell.

“I will learn this language as fast as possible to enjoy these games!” Illya spoke motivated, this was the first Illya took to turn into a gamer and a WEEB like White but this journey is a story for another time.

“You are undeniably my goddaughter, you can see how profound these are with just a glance.” White patted Illya’s shoulder.

[…] Machina stood there watching this Godmother and daughter duo not knowing what to.

_______________________________________________________________

At the same time in the Palace, Hynfyd was having a storm in his brain… How should I explain today’s events? And I can’t just reveal the Lady’s existence as a sorcerer, I can’t use her name politically as I did not get her permission and knowing my family if they offend someone or stir shit up thinking she is behind the Royal Family…. I don’t even want to think about that situation, From her way of speaking she is clear that she is here only for Illya.

He glanced at all the people in front of him and sighed.

“Lady Serena’s funeral has already concluded,” He spoke “and before anyone asks anything, I am not answering those questions I only have orders, No one is to disturb Illya, No one shall go near Serena’s mansion without my permission henceforth, Illya’s godmother has arrived and her status is no less than mine, I won’t speak of her identity but don’t you dare offend her and her maid.” He did not forget to include Machina. He can’t have these idiots cause more problems for him.

“Ask nothing and just return to your chambers, no one is to do anything for the day and continue ‘mourning’” Hynfyd commanded.

Everyone in front of him had faces full of confusion, they did not understand what was happening but they could not voice their opinion, so they just dispersed hearing the King’s orders.

Hynfyd turned towards his queen who was also looking at him with confusion in her eyes. The queen appeared to be in her late forties but was beautiful nonetheless.

“My lord..” She wanted to ask something, but the king interrupted her.

“Don’t worry about Illya, her godmother wants to take care of her and we can’t deny her demands at the moment, just know that we can’t offend that person.” Hynfyd spoke, “That person will be a blessing for us and the kingdom.”

but little did he know that his sentence was not only half true, for the country yes but for the royal family the countdown to their doom had begun.

35