chapter 15 So Cliché
807 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[We got information on the poison user?] Machina inquired.

“Yes, according to Avalon his identity is known only to the king, it seems it was not the first time the king’s opponents fell mysteriously.” White spoke, snapping her fingers.

They teleported back to the study in the mansion. Both sat down.

[But that information doesn’t help us in any way.] Machina spoke.

“Yes, rather it complicates things even further,” White spoke, taping the table.

[How does it complicate things?] Machina asked, she did not understand what White was saying.

“The fetal poison given to Serena Hynfyd would not do that, it doesn’t benefit him, even his idiot son did not have a need for that. Then who did it, and why? At first I thought both incidents of poisoning were done by the same person as both were unique poison and a person without sufficient knowledge in poison can not detect them, potent poison only a master could create, I thought someone from Serena’s Family did it as she was returning from the Yacuruna estate 14 years ago.” White said.

[But only the king knows the identity of the poison user, that means there is another poison master.] Machina quipped.

“Or, the person from Yacuruna estate who wanted to kill Illya, knew the poison user’s identity and could contact him somehow.” White answered.

[Even her own Family did not treat lady Serena well.] Machina spoke.

“Yeah taking into consideration that no one from the Yacuruna Family came for Serena, not even her father who I thought loved her. Lets start with digging them out, I can feel some.” White said, standing up.

[Are we going to start operation creepy-crawlers?] Machina asked.

“Yes, after activating them go to rest, even though your body is immortal doesn’t mean it won’t accumulate fatigue.” White said walking out of the study.

[Goodnight Lady Hokage.] Machina spoke,

“Goodnight Machina, and that hokage part, just call me that, don’t make it too suspicious.” White quipped.

_____________________________________________________

The next day after breakfast

“When will your vacations be ending Illya?” White asked Illya.

“huh? My vacations?” Illya quickly walked towards a calendar, “Oh, No!” She screamed.

“What happened?” White asked concerned, Machina also turned towards Illya.

“My vacations will end in a week! I don’t want to go to the academy!” Illya’s mood turned gloomy.

“Don’t worry about it too much, did you forget what blessing you had?” White spoke calmly “If you can control it properly, you can just return and the next day I will send you back. At my level, I can do it with a blink.”

“Oh yes, the blessing, but can I master it in a such a short time?” Illya asked worried.

“Did you forget you God-ma is OP?” White folded her hands and looked at Illya “When you are young I could only teach you a few tricks, but now you have properly grown up, your training will start tomorrow. Any doubts?” White asked in an imposing manner

“None, Chief” Illya replied, while saluting like a solider.

One must understand that these few days the pair were too into gaming, usually Illya won’t even know what ‘OP’ means but now she had game terms memorized and started using them in her speech subconsciously, the mood had turned similar to when the both of them were playing F*rtn*te, Cs g* and H*lo 4.

Machina was speechless. She didn’t know what to say [Ahem] She interjected, bringing the two back to reality.

White babbled, “So anyway, there are other matters of concern we need to discuss.” She said while sitting down.

Illya also quietly sat down, nodding her head.

“Have you ever met your grandfather? The marquis of Yacuruna?” White asked.

“Yes,” Illya affirmed, “What about him?”

“What kind of person is he?” White asked.

“He is a good grandfather, he dotes on me a lot, as I have only met him when I was very young I can’t speak much on his character taking into account that my maturity and Intelligence was low. But mom spoke about him once, according to her, he is a delusional fool with an overflowing sense of justice, even though he was highly skilled in his field of medicine and combat he has an awful habit of interpreting adverse situations to his convenience.” Illya spoke, recalling what Serena had told her once.

“That is a hard character to deal with,” White sighed, “but that changes nothing, him not coming for his own daughter’s ‘funeral’ his sense of justice won’t allow him to do that.”

“He did not come?” Illya asked, “I thought the king sent him away, as you wanted to meet the royal family.”

“I kept an eye out. Not a single person from the estate of Yacuruna came to the palace in the past few days.” White said.

[Lady hokage, things are not adding up, we must have missed some info. Illya, who else stay in the estate of the Yacuruna? Is there anyone there that would hate your mother? Like a sibling jealous of her… now that I say it out loud, that is pretty dark] Machina spoke.

“Oh, then you must refer to the marchioness, mom said to avoid her at any costs, if you meet, immediately complete the conversation and leave. Ever since I was a child, I always felt uncomfortable near her.” Illya spoke as she rubbed her shoulders, “Even thinking about her sometimes gives me chills”

White squinted her eyes when she heard what Illya spoke “Hmm, is that so, tell me more about her.”

[Lady hokage do you think she is?] Machina inquired via telepathy.

‘I am sure.’ White replied while asking, “She is not Serena’s mom, who is she?”

“According to grandfather, she was the one he owed his life to, she rescued him when he ambushed during war, she was a kind woman who helped in orphanages and was the daughter of a baron, she would be sold away to a bad noble by her family so to repay her he rescued her, she always took care of him and later he came back with her after war and married her.”

“A war? Even though I travelled this world as a gourmet, I should have read more books,” White said “When was this war, anyway?” she asked.

“Around 30 years ago.” Illya replied “Mom should be around 4 or 5 years old.”

“This scenario is so cliché, let me guess, according to your grandfather, she is a saint of a woman that wouldn’t hurt a fly and never understood why your mother treated her coldly even though she took care of her like her birth mother.” White spoke, massaging her forehead.

“Correct, is this really cliché?” Illya asked.

[Yes, Illya] Machina replied.

“well, I have to go visit the queen now, I have something to discuss with her.” White said.

Because of what happened yesterday, she didn’t know if Eira will really confront Hynfyd.

“Why don’t you complete all of your homework, from tomorrow we will start training and go sightseeing.” White said.

“I am looking forward to going out!” Illya spoke cheerfully, returning to her room.

[Lady hokage, shall we leave?] Machina asked.

“Yes, and update me on the status of operation creepy crawlers.” Saying so, she walked.

[Yes] Machina spoke, following her.

Some attentive people might wonder, how did Illya play the games with her godmother? Did she already learn the language?

The answer is no; it has only been a few days; she could play because White had already translated the text in each game for Illya to play. According to her, playing games with subtitles can help one learn the spoken language.

29