Legacy World 2.1
658 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luna woke up to feel intense pain coursing through her entire body. She hissed. First I wake up weak like I was on the verge of dying. Now I wake up in pain like I'm dying again. What next? I wake up when I'm supposed to be lying dead in a coffin?

BaoBao winced. He could not control when she would appear in the story. Do you want to receive the original soul's memories first or for me to carry you somewhere to recover first? 

Give me the memories. I need to understand the situation I'm in first before knowing where I can go.

The era of this world is when horses, carriages, and letters are still used. The first thing Luna understood was that she was in a dog eat dog society. Everything was decided by power, including the position of the ruler of the country. All they had to do was to challenge the ruler to an official death match, if the match was refused, a revolt is allowed. 

The power being referred to in this world was real magical abilities. Everyone has different kinds of abilities but they were usually some kind of element of nature. An average person would have one ability. A gifted person would have two. A talent would have three. Among each level, there was no clear distinctions in power levels like the previous world. There was only a continuum of how well you could control and understand your ability. 

Along with the variations in magical abilities, people's appearances varied a lot in this world too. People had different coloured hair and eyes, often influenced by their abilities. 

Alice is a girl born to parents who had no abilities. Being the first generation in her family to have powers, her hair and eye colour was very close to the original black but there is a blue shine to it and her eyes stayed grey like her parents. It should have been impossible for parents with no abilities to produce a child with abilities, so it was taken as a fortunate mutation. 

People with no abilities were always on the run and easy picking for tyrants. They lived in poor conditions like the slums. One day, a kind and powerful person challenged the king to a death match and successfully took the throne. He created the one and only safe haven for people with no abilities to live under his protection. The motivation behind his actions was that he had a friend who had no abilities. This friend had saved him a few times before and so have proven to the king that a non-ability user could also be strong in a different way and win weaker ability users. However, he lost his life due to a scheme of some tyrant. 

This safe haven was where her parents lived. When they found out that their child was an ability user, they scrimped and saved to send her to the best school for ability users, not knowing they would be sending their daughter to the wolves. By the time they managed to save up enough money, she was already 15 years old. Before this, she was attending a cheap but weak school for ability users. This resulted in Alice having very poor knowledge and control to start with in the good school she now goes to. Alice had been an innocent and bubbly girl as she was well loved by her parents and the people in her old school. However, that rubbed the stronger ones in her current school the wrong way. They believed that a weak person like her did not deserve to be so carefree. She became a target of bullies which changed her to become quiet and meek in just 1 year of school.

Because this was a boarding school which is far away from the capital where the safe haven her parents were staying at, Alice saved money on transport and never went home. This was how her parents were still blissfully ignorant of their daughter's suffering.

This was how she grew to idolize Violet, a two abilities user, who was the only advocate of the current king's belief in this school. Violet's eyes were a bright hazel colour and she had long beautiful blonde hair. She stood up for and protected the weaker students in school. 

In the first year, there was a famous feud between her and a three abilities user called Stephan. Stephan was someone with cyan coloured eyes and black hair. He was a firm believer of "the weak deserves to die" ideology. Overtime through their conflicts, he grew an interest in Violet and started to protect her, inadvertently supporting her cause. 

By Violet's side was an always quiet and supportive childhood friend, Ethan. He has deep dark blue hair and black obsidian eyes. He helped Violet in her clashes with Stephan and would even the playing field even though he was only a two abilities user like Violet. 

It's painfully obvious for anyone to see who is the male lead and the second male lead. Luna scoffed. I wonder who the second female lead is though. Doesn't seem like she has made her appearance yet.

BaoBao gave her the final information. The original soul's wish is to avoid being a liability to Violet and to be useful to her.

What? I don't remember meeting Violet.

About that, they're on the way here.

I see. This will be the first meeting. Great. Alice bore the pain coursing through her body and tried moving. 

Her body was in such a state because she was just targeted by the same bullies again. They really roughened her up this time because they found out how she idolised Violet. Her bullies were part of the people who hated Violet so they used Alice to vent their anger. They had mocked her while bashing her up, "Where's your idol when you need her?! One has to stand for themselves to survive! Not rely on others! You useless piece of shit!"

Her movement caused a sharp and intense pain to shoot through her right arm. She bit back the urge to shout in pain. Alice lifted the flap of her bloodied white blazer to look at her right arm. It was broken with the bone sticking out. Blood was oozing out to form a puddle. She sighed then slowly used her left arm to push herself off the ground. By the time she sat up, three people came around the corner.

Violet saw the injured girl and flew to her side. "What happened?! Let me bring you to the doctor!" 

However, Alice shook off Violet's hand that was holding onto her left arm. "I don't need your help." Alice said weakly but it was filled with clarity and determination.

While she was getting up onto her two feet, her whole body was trembling and she broke out in cold sweat. By now, Stephan and Ethan reached the girls. Violet reached out wanting to help again but stopped when Alice bit out, "Don't touch me."

Ethan frowned deeply. He had not thought anything of this girl however now that he has a closer look at her and was looking into her eyes while she looked at Violet, his heart felt mysteriously disturbed. He has never cared much about the people that Violet helped, but now he was feeling displeasure with how this girl was all bloody. He was put in a bad mood from not understanding the emotions this girl made him feel and the reason for it, so he used a stern tone to talk to Alice. "Why're you so harsh? She was only trying to help." 

Alice looked straight into his obsidian black eyes. "Did I ask for help?" Then she turned to leave, leaving a trail of blood in her wake. What Alice did not know was that she had shocked Ethan to his core.

Her eyes had caught the light of the setting sun and the gold flecks hiding in her eyes shone. Ethan instantly felt drawn in. There was something about her eyes that made him feel like he knew her. Her eyes reflected her unbending will, independence, and determination. He found himself subconsciously comparing it to Violet's steadfast belief in a compassionate society and felt like nothing else shone as brilliantly as that girl's eyes did.

"Both of you should just leave her. She is probably someone weak and unpleasant that made her a target for bullying. She doesn't deserve to be helped." Stephan nonchalantly suggested. 

Violet pouted and glared at him. She stomped on his foot then led them to tail Alice quietly. Stephan grinned as he followed Violet while Ethan followed without a sound of complaint.

Alice made her way to the doctor's clinic in school. She took a last cold look at the three tailing her before entering the clinic. Only after Violet saw her enter the clinic safely, did she heave a sigh of relief then return to continue her day.

Ethan followed Violet only awhile after Stephan did. He was looking at the closed door of the doctor's clinic with a complicated gaze. Who is she?

A notification beeped and BaoBao shared with Alice. Oh, you already passed the first instance of relying on the female lead! The original soul had to be carried to the clinic which started a dependent relationship between them.

"Alice! What happened to you this time?! Why's it so bad?!" Doctor Nina exclaimed. She wondered how Alice made it to her clinic by herself in this state. Could it be that her tolerance for pain became insanely good due to all the bullying she suffered?

Alice did not reply and simply sat on the bed. Doctor Nina did not press for information to let her rest while she hurriedly helped her remove the blazer and her uniform to clean and dress her wounds.

Doctor Nina has rare healing abilities but there was a limit to what it could do. She could only speed up the process and very easily identify causes for illnesses. It would not magically cause wounds to disappear. She fixed Alice's bone then used her abilities to speed up some healing so that there would be no need for a surgery or metal plates. She then proceeded to stitch up wounds while her ability was in use. This was so that it would not leave behind any scars. If Alice was treated by a doctor without healing abilities, she would probably be littered with scars all over, including her face. However, a scar for deep wounds like the one on her broken arm was inevitable.

When Doctor Nina was done, she helped Alice wear a clean and new set of uniform. Nina now always had one on standby for her. She felt like it was the least she could do for Alice. Alice thanked her in a soft voice then returned to her dorm. Nina sighed and looked at Alice's back with pity in her eyes. She prepared the necessary documents to apply for a month's absence from class for Alice.

When Alice returned to her room, she laid on her bed and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

When she woke up, it was late in the evening. She took a shower, got dressed, and ate the simple meal of eggs and vegetables prepared by BaoBao. Seeing how little ingredients there were in the house, the both of them decided to shop for groceries the next day.

After the meal, Alice asked BaoBao, "Are abilities transferable across the worlds?"

"Some are, some are not. For example, the abilities you have in this world are like magic, such things can't be used in different worlds. But things like spiritual energy that is present in every human regardless of the worlds, will be transferable. The strength remains the same but the application may differ."

Alice nodded and tried to cultivate her spiritual energy in her body. 

12