Chapter 4 – Trials
116 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 - Trials

[98%]

[99%]

[100%]

[Start boot up]

[Wandering System!]

Ting!

[Challenge Mode]

[Survive through the trials of the system]

    -the host will be tested if he is chosen to be or just trash killed by his jealous stepbrother.

[Prepare for it as it will start in 3 seconds]

[3]

[2]

[1]

[Commencing.....]

As Yami holding a sword in his hands is and running for his life in the corridor of some luxurious building like a mansion, he notices that the process is finished as he heard a voice in a cold robot-like tone as he suddenly said "What!?"

Yami notices his pursuer is gaining speed, Yami ignored the voice and runs as he finds a blindspot that those 3 headed guys will never see him. 

His pursuer is wielding a club while his body is so large as the body of the ogre as the land trembles whenever he runs fast. The pursuer just follows Yami's shadow as if he is a fucking dog.

Although this pursuer of Yami has a monstrous body, its mind is undeniable just a bean as he always follows Yami's shadow.

Yami also notices that this pursuer of his is getting controlled because of some tattoos on the back of his head as he discovers it earlier.

Yami is in the middle of the chase as he heard it. His expression instantly changed as he is finding a hiding place immediately because of the reminder of this voice inside his mind.

He finds a compartment that is so hidden as if it's his luck to find it, rapidly ducks, and throws the sword inside as he founds his consciousness descent into the darkness as his body flopped in the trunk.

The pursuer of his watches a dead end with a lot of crates each other as he didn't see the trunk and thought it was a crate too as he ignores it and head on another way as his target is gone off and he didn't know what to do because Yami's gone but he didn't know that Yami is in the trunk that is in his right.

The ogre looking man with three heads immediately goes to his master to report that his target is gone. He tried to find though as he backs to go in his master's position.

If Yami hears that, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry as he is unconscious right now.

The ogre looking man goes to a room who has a luxurious vibe as the carpet is red and there is an upstairs while there's a throne in the middle of the room. There is an old man sitting on the throne with a nasty expression written in his face while he heard about the sword and the holder breaking out and escapes at the radar of his subordinates, reporting to him as he breaks off the silence the room and loudly said with anger and wrath in his tone.

"Useless! You let the sword and the holder run off and goes out of your radar!? Fucking idiot! Go find him and go out before I kill you all because of your stupidness!" The old man said with a shaky tone as he gripped the arm of the throne he's sitting in.

The whole room quakes as the old man stop while glaring at his servants, who is shaking. The weaker ones didn't survive as they fainted while the stronger ones only shiver as they are glad because they are still alive.

The servants replied directly " yes, master!" As they leave the room with stillness and darkness looming in the throne room.

The old man instantly thought about the experiment as he said in a mumbled voice "we have to find out where the sword is and kill the man who gets it after the 'God of Chaos' comes as that fucking god is so battle freak, I don't wanna die here with these stupids"

The old man closed his eyes as he thinks about all the plans and how to escape in this situation.

Meanwhile, our Mc, Yami is awakened as he opens his eyes and discovers a plain land with just a green grass filled the land as the winds blow so fresh to breathe in while in the left side of him is a salt flat, mirroring the sky while the water is so quiet. No waves. No current. 

(AN: its reference is Uyuni Salt Flats, who has the same background as the Tokyo Ghoul Unravel opening song.)

He discovers that his body is floating while he has no feet as he looked downwards. He instantly touches his face but it goes through him like he's a ghost or something.

He reads a lot of novels so he thought about it and he immediately connects the dots here. He is in the sea of consciousness.

He wanders inside of his sea of consciousness as Yami is amazed by it but he shivered about what about his physical body? He soon wants to find the exit as he is worried that his body is captured by those ogre looking men as there's a sound that alarmed him. 

Ting!

Yami heard that sound again but it's too loud now as if it's in his ears as the robot voice came out.

[Challenge Mode]

[Survive through the trials of the system]

    -the host will be tested if he's chosen to be or just trash killed by his jealous stepbrother.

[Mission rewards]

    10 [???] Mystery boxes

    [Wandering System]Unlocked

    [Gamer System]Unlocked

    [Harvest System]Unlocked

    [Gacha and Mystery box System]Unlocked

[Mission penalty]

    -Death

[Can't say no to this]

Yami is surprised, because of what he is seeing right now. It's a system bruh! And it's 4 system bruh but looks like a 3 in 1 package.

Yami is an otaku before he died but he reads this kind of novel, who has a power like this.

He discovers the name of the System as its place in the top and said "[Wandering System]? I'm going to wander?" He said in an excited tone and thought about his situation right now.

"[Gamer System]!?, [Harvest System]!?, and a [Gacha and Mystery box System]!? Holy moly this is so overpowered bro!!" Yami is very pleased as he wants to use it right now but it's locked right now. The system said trials so he has to finish to unlocked this System.

He shook his head as he read the contents of the so-called [Challenge] Mode system has. 

Ting!

[The first trial]

    -the system wants the host to be tested so the first trial is soul torture for 1 million years.

[Good luck host!]

"Fuuuck you!" Yami screams in his mind, loudly as he hears the first trial is. He suddenly shivered as his soul now is in the hell while seeing a demon, who has a trident in his hand and looking at him menacingly as the demon suddenly hits Yami in his trident, puncturing Yami's soul in the wall as Yami immediately feels a soul-tearing attack in his brain.

Yami screams as he thought why the fuck this is happening right now.

-!?

A while ago

Yami's soul goes floating in the void while he is currently unconscious as his soul body just shining a star in the middle of the night. After his body shines, Yami's body disappears in the void leaving a quiet space.

30 minutes later, Yami awakened as he rubbed his eyes and thought that why he didn't die and where the fuck he is while staring at the luxurious building looking like a mansion as it was shining through. There is a huge gate in the mansion as the building is filled with gold shimmering and shining.

Yami unexpectedly became wary as he stared at the young man just teleported into his side while the young man looking at him with a sneer and arrogantly said "Welcome to our paradise, mortal. I'm here to escort you and see your record. Follow me!" As this young man suddenly walks away and goes into the huge gate, waiting for Yami.

Yami directly follows the arrogant young man as he stared closely at the huge gate. This huge gate is also coated with gold just like its a basic material even though it's important in Yami's world. The huge gate is now opening.

Yami is amazed at what the hell is he seeing right now. The entrance of the building is so luminous and radiant as he thought the people who work here are Nyctophobic.

The arrogant young man shortly walks slowly as Yami follows as he is wandering his eyes and burning it inside of his memory as the people inside are looking at him curiously.

Yami sees the people here as he sees a handsome looking man with long pointy ears, a short man with a beard, and a reptilian person with glasses in the nose of his eyes. Yami recognized them as he watched animes in the past. The good looking man is an elf, the short man with a beard is a dwarf while the reptilian is a dragonkin.

Elves are good looking, exceptional archers, and have an affinity to nature while the dwarves are a natural blacksmith living in the caves and the Dragonkin has a scales that are so tough that even regular sword will be broken.

Yami is surprised to see them in this place as he looks at their suit and thought 'they are working here huh and they are working in harmony, I guess they are at peace now?' 

Yami thought because he watches anime and they see them fighting and fighting again and again.

Yami sees the trio pay respects to Aron as if he's the boss around the turf as Aron smiled at them gently and changes his expression fast.

The arrogant young man sneered as he suddenly stops at looked at Yami as if he is a frog in the bottom of the well and proudly said "Mortal, my name is Aron, the envoy of God. You are inside of the god's realm"

Yami immediately stopped, stared at Aron as he presently introduced himself " My name is Yami. Nice to meet you, Aron" he used his right hand and presented his hand, wants to shake hands with Aron as a piece of sincerity.

Aron frowned and stared hatefully at Yami and thought 'why the fuck would I want to shake hands with you, a lowly mortal. You are just trash!'

Aron thinks that it will ruin his reputation as the Envoy of God here in the realm when he would shake has with him as he sees Yami as an ant wanting to befriend a god.

Aron immediately responded as he slaps Yami hands away "get your hands in yourself as I don't want to get infected by you" he said while thinking that he needs to finish this shit.

Yami frowned and thought 'this asshole looks so gently at the people inside but a fucking sick while treating a mortal' 

Aron is a being that lives in the God Realm so he is arrogant because of his clan that lives inside of God's Realm but Aron is actually a low tier member here as there are different place unknown to him and he knows that but he's keeping his facade to gain respect.

"Let's go now, mortal as we going in the Archives to see your record" Aron suddenly said as he walks slowly towards the Archives as Yami follows patiently.

In the way, Yami discovers a lot of departments here as they are going to the so-called Archives thingy. Now they are in the Archives, Aron pushed the door and walks slowly as he gets a book.

Yami only sees a book, who is in the hands of Aron right now as Aron opened the book and turned into a page. Yami curiously asks about the book " what is that book for?" He asks and looks at Aron, whos concentrating on a thing.

Aron said with closed eyes as he finds Yami's information in the book " This is the akashic records, the book that can see the past, future, and present of a person or thing" as Aron ignores him again and concentrating again.

Yami is amazed at the skill of the book as he shook his head dispersing the thought of using it to himself to see his parents.

If Yami has given a second chance, he will fight again and finds many wives as he is tired now and only wants to satiate his curiosity about the battles.

"Seems like you are a good person huh, you have too much karma in your past life. I will have to reincarnate you to another place and give you a system" Aron said thoughtlessly as he didn't care of what Yami is going or picking.

Aron looked at Yami as his arrogant and disrespectful attitude for Yami decreased a little bit. Aron is arrogant and proud but he knew what is good and bad.

Aron gives Yami a time to think while Aron immediately teleported him and Yami in the control room as Aron flicked his fingers as the place suddenly changed into a control room like as the room has a sword in the middle in the room with the scabbard in it. There is also a big window that is a one-way mirror.

Many people researching it as its like a fucking relics but its a true relic bruh.

Yami is not surprised but curious about the sword in the middle and the room itself.

The sword is a katana, his handle wrap(Ito) is white-colored, the handguard(Tsuba) has golden carvings in it and the scabbard(Saya) is pitch black just like Yami's hair.

Aron immediately notices Yami's curious eyes looking at the sword and said it properly " That is the Yamato, The Outsider's Treasured Item. The Yamato has a lot of murderous aura in it as the barbarous outsider is barbaric. The outsiders didn't even know where this sword comes from as they worship it like a god."

Aron continues to speak as Yami is listening to him patiently " this sword has a lot of murderous intent so we created a spell that will convert it to energy. That is why this god realm is always shining brilliantly, many sword users also didn't manage to get the word out to its scabbard. It seems like its waiting for the fated one." As Aron ended it, he looks at Yami, who is savoring all the knowledge he heard.

"Don't savor the feeling because you will lose your memories once you reincarnated," Aron said truthfully as Yami's heart began to break as he will lose all the abilities he mastered through his past life.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I will give you a secret as you will lose your memories later." Aron said carelessly as he continues to speak

"This realm is only 1% as there are many gods in this world even the outsider's gods didn't want to venture the dark side," Aron said while pointing his fingers on the left side of the god realm. Yami sees a pitch-black void and curiously asks his mind about wtf is on the other side.

"There are many gods realm that the gods dominated, there are also factions such as [Reincarnation Faction], [Transmigration Faction], and the [System Faction].

" You know the 2 factions because you understand the meaning of the words in the first while the second is all about systems. They can choose a system such as Slaughter System, Lust System, [Farming System], and many many more systems." Aron stopped now because he's out of breath while Yami is thinking what factions should he choose.

"Now I decided that I wi-" he answered but the whole god's realm trembles, they go to the outside to see three warships sieging the god's realm after they destroying it so fast.

Aron panicked but he immediately calms down and orders the workers to calm down and evacuate while calling the guards to help outside as he said " Yami, Wait for here as I called the god of this realm. Be careful and guard the sword" Aron begins to run and calls reinforcements and fight outside, Yami is left alone in this room as he curiously wanders around even though there's a war going on.

Yami begins to formulate his plans as he smiled, closed his ash-gray eyes, and calmly said "IT'S ON!" He notices a man in the window of the control room climbing and tries to destroy it. The man has 3 heads, has also a buffed muscles, and no upper clothes but just pants as he recognizes it as Outsiders.

The man outside of the window is trying to destroy the one-way mirror. Yami began to plan as he goes to the sword and tries to pull out the sword as the sword and the scabbard is pulled off. He tries to weave the sword to see the sharpness and out of this world's murderous aura as it binds to Yami's soul, shocking him to the fullest.

Yami shivered as he thought about the murderous aura. The outside didn't notice the bloodthirsty aura and continues to fight on as Yami is salvaging things in the room. 

Yami sees 5 black orbs like a true seeking ball of naruto, just floating in a container. He pressed the buttons that are near around the container and as he clicked it, the balls go down. 

He didn't have any suspicions as Yami is in the middle of a war and he needs to go now.

Yami got the 5 balls but it sends a wave of knowledge inside of Yami and thought about what happened until he discovers a counting number in his front as he touched it his fingers go through. Yami watches it counting 0 to 1% as he ignored it and goes out of this room while holding a sword and 5 black balls

Aron on the outside watched the outsiders climbed through the one-way window as he grimly cursed. The outsiders infiltrated the inside and searched for the sword, they're a treasured item of the outsiders as the sword is in the hands of Yami. They sensed the sword is on him because they felt the murderous aura, the sword gives so the leader immediately orders his subordinates to find the sword and kill the holder.

And now we are back on the story.

-!?

Now Yami is on the 3rd trial, finishing the 1st trial and 2nd trail barely as his mind is on spree because of what he is feeling right now.

His first trial is the soul torture for 1 million years which is so frustrating as Yami gets killed again and again. He wants to give up by the remembers his grandpa's teaching as he persevered himself and finish the test with barely a will only. He screams loudly until his lungs go out even though he's in the sea of consciousness and in the soul form.

The 2nd trial is killing his heart demon meaning that he is destroying his heart demon to be completely freed and have a new life. He has to kill his brother, step-parents and his grandpa to be free. Like can you go forward when you have a lot of shackles around your heart?

He goes back to the past where he gets kidnapped and immediately understood this 2nd trial. He needs to kill all of the people who are close to me. 

He goes back to the time where he gets kidnapped and saved by grandpa but grandpa shielded Yami as he didn't cry because it's fake. His brother is hatefully thinking about revenging his grandpa. Yami didn't care.

As Yami got kicked out of the shitty ass Schimdt Clan, he didn't wait and leaves as he plants a bomb around the entire clan even his step-parent's room has a C4 in it. He pressed the button after killing Kim and his Grandpa.

He gets to the 3rd trial, which is placed in this white background with a man staring at him coldly, the man has the same features as Yami. Yami has many people in his back at he recognizes them, because they are the Schimdt Clan, stepparents, and his grandpa. 

The man is a doppelganger as its 3rd and last trial of the [Wandering System]. Although he didn't like the Schimdt Clan there is a lot of innocent people there so he didn't hate it or like it. It's just a stranger relationship.

He understood the 3rd trial as he needs to kill himself to let his grandpa and stepparents protected as that is his mission or goal from the start he vows to himself.

He barely defeats the doppelganger because he actually thinks and used the Yamato and kill the doppelganger.

He finished the last trial and here a familiar cold robot in his head as Yami sits in the grassland of his sea of consciousness.

Ting!

[Survive through the trials of the System]

    -the host will be tested if he's chosen to be or just trash killed by his jealous stepbrother.

-[Mission rewards]

    10 [???] Mystery Box

    [Wandering System]Unlocked

    [Gamer System]Unlocked

    [Harvest System]Unlocked

    [Gacha and Mystery box System]Unlocked

-[Mission Penalty]

    -Death

[Mission Complete]

[Please wait to receive your rewards that are falling in the sky]

Yami is excited and pleased now that the trial ends and he received his rewards as 10 mystery boxed falling in the sky. It drops at the front of him. All of the boxes have a ??? in the front.

He immediately opened all the boxes at the same time

Ting!

[You get.....]

I'm going to rest now as I'm going to write the escapade of our MC

Chaos! Expression noodles

4