Time to Shine
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Loren is complaining about just about anything in his head, the class finally started.

'holy crap, what do I do? I forgot to ask for the schedule... ugh whatever, just gonna take it as it comes'

Loren thought, thinking about the class schedule.

"Good Mooorningg Sirrrr!"

With the greetings that sounded like first grader's, Loren finally got back his soul in our own universe out of his concious world.

'Why the late greetings?'

Loren thought.

"Today's topic is Computers and such. "

The teacher explained While preparing his powerpoint presentation for the students to understand him more easily.

"So first of all, we're gonna talk about our main topic, Computers.

Do you guys know who invented it and the people who contributed on making it?"

'Oh it's Computer Science? T.L.E. it is'

Seeing that no one raised their hands, Loren was a bit excited and nervous feeling that he can finally show his ability and intelligence. 

"I know" He said while raising his hand.

The teacher, surprised, made him continue.

"The Computer that we know today, took time to become what it is now. Charles Babbage, an English mechanical engineer and polymath, originated the concept of a programmable computer. Considered the "father of the computer", he conceptualized and invented the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century known as "Analytical Engine". there is also Alan Turing. Turing is considered by many to be the father of modern computer science as the world knows it. He formed the concept of the algorithms and computations with one of his inventions, the Turing machine."

Loren said while looking at the teacher to see any reaction. Feeling that his answer is correct, he thanked himself for remembering these information and continued.

"There are mainly three generations of computer that I know of, First generation: from 1937 to 1946 - In 1937 the first electronic digital computer was built by Dr. John V. Atanasoff and Clifford Berry. It was called the Atanasoff-Berry Computer (or simply ABC). In 1943 an electronic computer name the Colossus was built for the military. Other developments continued until in 1946 the first general– purpose digital computer, the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC) was built. It is said that this computer weighed 30 tons, and had 18,000 vacuum tubes which was used for processing. When this computer was turned on for the first time lights dim in sections of Philadelphia. Computers of this generation could only perform single task, and they had no operating system."

He took a deep breath and continued.

...

 "...It is a very useful tool that will continue to experience new development as time passes."

'Thanks google' Loren thought.

Finally done, he took his sit and sat down. The teacher looked at him confused of who is the teacher and the student. After a few seconds, the teacher finally came back to reality and breathed without him realising that he held it.

"You know it very well...did you just researched it before coming to school or something?"

The teacher asked in a joking tone to confirm his guesses.

"No sir. I haven't even got the schedule of classes let alone the topic for today."

Loren answered calmly (or so he thought)knowing that what he said was the truth.

The teacher nodded in understanding.

"As all of you heard, if you guys were listening, He just pretty much explained what I was about to say. I even have the urge to make you guys take a quick test."

The students made sounds of complain as they prepared for the injustice that is about to happen to them.

"But you guys don't have to worry, I'm just pulling your legs. We'll have discussion first before the test."

The students finally heaved sighs of relief after they heard that.

...

The teacher continued from where Loren finished and explained things about computers. Loren, our protagonist, is not listening knowing that he'll eventually get a high score with his stocked knowledge alone.

'School is not so bad if you look at it without the bullying and deadlines, add to that the terror teachers that can't live in peace without making your school life miserable.'

.....

"Okay guys we'll just take the test tommorrow as we don't have enough time. Don't forget to study so you guys don't get low scores. We don't want any of that to happen."

The teacher said, preparing his things before going out.

"Yesss Sirrr..."

The students replied automatically. Then the teacher finally got out of the room.

Seeing the teacher gone, Austin immediately moved his chair closer to Loren's before the girls could come near Loren.

"Hey man how did you do that? I don't even know anything about computers even though I have one."

Austin asked feeling genuinely curious.

"Research, Study, Learn, Always remember."(A:Chunibyo alert!!!)

Loren answered trying to act cool for a good impression.

Austin nodded his head, looking like he understood something.'I need to stay close to Loren so that I can get this kind of intelligence. conveying meaningful messages with just little words.' He thought, unaware what Loren was thinking. (A:It's a dumbass everyone)

'What a dumbass(yes). I think I finally found a perfect servant for me. I gotta bait this dumb little one to enslavement.' Is what was on Loren's rotten head.

...

The day passed by uneventful.

Loren is currently on his bed feeling bored.

"System, you there?"

He called out lazily to the System.

[I am always here Host.]

The System responded.

"Liar, you were gone just this morning. You can't fool me."

Loren said trying to get information about what the System was doing before.

[I was here this morning. I was not able to reply to you using my voice due to the task I was doing so I used the Pop-up box to reply to you Host.]

"Okay okay...fine. Just show me what you where doing. Is there any quest I can do? also explain to me about how this Quest thingy works."

[Quests are tasks given to you by the System for you to complete and earn points. There are mainly three Quest Category available now. The Main Quests, Random Quests, and Daily Quests. Main Quests are made mainly to support and guide you to achieve your dreams and goals. Random Quests are quests given by random. They are triggered by certain factors and situations. Daily Quests are quests that are given daily to help the Host to accumulate Points even when the Host doesn't have a Main or Random Quest yet.]

"Why don't you just give me unlimited points? why waste time for this quests?"

[Quests are made so that the Host will learn to not spend Points lavishly. It's main goal is to promote productivity and patience. Journeys are without meaning if there is no hardship when taking them.]

"Oh okay System the philosopher. when will you give me these quest? I'm dying here just waiting."

[The Quests will be given starting from tommorrow.]

"Okay tommorrow then... I can't wait! sh¡t let me just sleep."

Loren found a more comfortable position then fell asleep...

(Author): T.L.E. - Technological Livelihood Education

2