Chapter 3
103 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm a what?"

"You're a ghoul."

"I'm sorry, did I hear that right?"

"Yes, you did."

"So what's a ghoul?"

*SIGH*

He seemed to be ticked, maybe I asked too many questions? Fuck, is he gonna beat me up?

"Ghouls are the byproduct of when vampire blood gets ingested by creatures. Since it's very unlikely to happen on people, it is usually seen on animals. Ghouls also have traits similar to vampires. They are immortal, they crave for flesh and blood, and sunlight burns them."

"Do I look like one?"

"Of course, look at this mirror."

Woah, my pupils are now crimson red. It used to be black. Also, my skin looks very pale and veiny. It kinda looks cool.

So eating that arm made me like this.

From the looks of it, he's thinking about something, I don't know what it is, but he looks very serious about it.

"Ah I apologize for being absent-minded, this is a tricky situation. It seems that you were turned into a ghoul unwillingly."

"Yes, so please release me."

"..."

"..."

"Do you know why you became a ghoul? Don't lie again, it will just waste our time."

Shit, I don't want them to know those humiliating scenes. They're going to ridicule me.

"Umm, I...  arm."

"Speak clearly, you're mumbling."

"I -te... -n arm."

"You're getting on my nerves, just speak clearly already."

"I ate an arm."

"A full arm?"

"Y-yes."

Shit, now they know.

____________________________________________

The interrogation was finished. After telling them what I have done on that island in detail, the elderly elf and his guards stood there blankly staring at me.

They stood there baffled. Personally, I think that they percieved me as the unluckiest person alive. Well, they're technically not wrong.

And as I expected, I heard some of the guards were chuckling while chatting outside. If my intuition was right, they're absolutely talking about me.

As they were leaving, I asked the elderly elf about why I was confined here. But he just smiled and left. Fuck, that old bastard.

Thankfully, before he finished his interrogation, he said that I was going to be set free soon.

But when though?

____________________________________________

It's been a few months already, and they haven't released me yet. That bastard old elf!

Although he didn't let me out, he keeps coming back, and has been teaching me their language over the past few months. Questions about his teachings were always answered, but when it wasn't related to our studies, he would just ignore them all and continue on.

But yesterday, he said that I was finally going to be released in the near future. Fucking finally.

I've been waiting for so long that it might just be understating if I said that I was here for 10 months. I guess that just happens when you get locked inside a cell where sunlight can't get through.

Oddly enough, even though I've been turned into a ghoul, I've never felt anything ghoul-like. I've never craved for flesh or blood. However, my senses have felt more powerful, and I can grasp anything moving or making noise under a 10 meter radius pretty quick.

Although it feels awesome, my body is still physically weak. It's actually in fact, weaker than when I was still in the human world.

Back in the human world, I was weak, but I did move around a lot. Here, being jailed made me just sit and sleep.

Other than studying, eating, and going to the toilet, I've never moved. I just sit, and contemplate life.

"You, are you listening?"

"Huh? Oh yeah."

Right, I was studying. Damn, this is boring. Though I've already finished learning their language a few days ago, it seems that this grandpa elf thinks that I need to learn more big words before I finish.

I've tried complaining, but he just gets mad at me.

"It's done. You will be out of this place tomorrow. Then, you will follow me."

"Free? Why tomorrow? Why did I spend learning here for months then?"

"It was a safety measure. Ghouls will go berserk if they don't get to consume blood or flesh over a certain period. In order to keep them from harming other people, they need to be killed or locked, you were on the latter. Plus, we have been mixing special herbs into your food that locks that craving away."

"..."

"Luckily, ghouls are different from vampires. They will return back to their original being, if they don't consume blood or flesh for a year."

"Huh, so I've been in here for a year."

"Yes, and today marks the final day you will be here. At tomorrow dawn, I will be bringing you to your workplace."

"Workplace?"

"Yes, since you won't find anything to do in this place, I will give you work at a certain place that is fit for you. I will also pay you, so you don't have to worry about money."

This is fucking suspicious. Why would he spend the time to teach me elf language, make me human again, and give me a job?

"Moving on, there's one last thing I forgot to tell you. Since you've returned to being human from a ghoul, some of it's characteristics will stay. Your pupils will still be crimson red, and your skin will be slightly more pale than a normal human. You will also age very slow compared to a normal human. In a sense, you will age similar to an elf. Lastly, for the past year, we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Darius, and you are?

"I'm, I'm, wait, what's my name?"

"..."

"I forgot?"

"..."

~To be continued....

2