Chapter 8
79 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, it has been a week. My deep wounds have healed already, and what's left to heal are just scratches here and there.

I thought that it would take a few weeks to heal all of my wounds. However, it seems that my healing capabilities have increased.

Was it because I used to be a ghoul?

Was it because I'm now a quarter elf? 

Or was it something completely different?

I don't know. Maybe I'll find out in the future.

Now that I've healed, I'm starting my new job. Farming!

Yes, it's boring. But at least I'm not useless.

I've always been called useless in the past.

When I went to school, I couldn't really do anything useful for anyone. When I was at home, it was the same.

Excluding my friends.... People around me, have told me that I am an egotistical and useless person. Even my parents.

Was it because I never did something useful to others? Wait, I did do great things to other people. It's just that I don't do it much.

Maybe because I failed a lot and was being selfish.

My will is weak, well, it used to be. Coming here has reshaped my will, even though it's only the will to live. But hey, I guess I have a purpose to live now.

Anyway, those were all of the past me. The one who was in the human world.

In this fantasy land, although I'm still weak and useless, I will try to not be the me from the past.

Enough with the self talk, let's just do what I was told to do.

____________________________________________

Phew, it took a few hours just to water and take care of these 2 tiny cultivated fields.

On the field of the right side, there're potatoes. On the left, there're cabbages. Only those two crops.

These two crops are easy to cultivate, so Lillia planted them. She bought the seeds from the nearby town.

Thank god there're no pests in this land, or else it'll be tougher. Not to mention, these plants are the food that me and Lillia eat.

Alright, now that I'm finished, let's report to her.

I knock on the front door of her house, or, mini mansion I guess. Let's just call it "House", easier to pronounce.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Hmmm, she's not answering. Did she go out?

Nah, if she went out she would've told me. At least that's what I've known from being here since last week.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"COMING!!! COMING!!!" (Lillia)

She opened the door.

"What?" (Lillia)

Holy mama. She's wearing a night gown. Was she asleep?

Looking at her sleepy yet cranky eyes, she must've been asleep.

Setting that aside, she's really flat huh? Not to mention, I've noticed for the past week that she's a bit shorter than me, and even I'm considered short.

I'm 165 cm, and she's probably around 160cm.

Her boobs are, flat. After looking closer, I guess she has a tiny amount of boobs, probably barely B-cup.

Her ass is nice though. Plump like a peach.

Wait, I'm getting side-tracked. Why am I so horny today?

I thought that elf horny drug wore off. Maybe it's the night gown she's wearing?

"You're really staring at me huh? Want me to kick you out?" (Lillia)

Oh shit, I was staring at her for too long.

"U-u-ummm, sorry about that. I've finished taking care of the crops and am now reporting it to you, just like you told me to." (Kazu)

"Ah, I see." (Lillia)

"So, I'm done for today, right?"  (Kazu)

"Done? Pffft, you're merely getting started." (Lillia)

Did she just chuckle?

"I thought my job was farming?" (Kazu)

"I never said farming was the only one. You think I'd let you stay here and give you food, just because you're doing some farming?" (Lillia)

"Now that I think about it, fair point." (Kazu)

Shit, I knew she was scheming something. I'll pray to god for it to not be something bad.

Hold on, a demon is giving me a job, isn't that the same as working against god?

If I remember correctly, demons were the enemies of everyone especially the gods. I guess that's in the past.

That's what Darius had told me in one of his lessons.

Darius that bastard, I'll never forgive him for using me as a pawn.

"Wait here, I'll go get dressed and also get a few things." (Lillia)

"O-kay??" (Kazu)

Hmmmmm, what is she planning?

____________________________________________

What is taking her so long? I've been told to just wait here at the front door until she comes out, but she's not coming out at all.

And what's those clanging noises? After awhile, clanging noisee could be heard from inside her house.

Ah, finally, she's coming out.

"Ok, let's go." (Lillia)

"What took you so long?" (Kazu)

"Hey, I'm your boss, landlord, and the one who provides you food. I do whatever I want here." (Lillia)

"Mgghhh." (Kazu)

"You want to complain? I'll kick you out."(Lillia)

"N-no, sorry." (Kazu)

Yikes, her monotonous face looks scary when she gets mad. This is the first time I see her face do that.

"So, what're we doing now?" (Kazu)

"We're going hunting." (Lillia)

"What? Why?" (Kazu)

"You think the meat on your plate appears magically?" (Lillia)

"You mean it doesn't?" (Kazu)

"...?!" (Lillia)

"Puhahahahaha, I was joking." (Kazu)

Her shocked face looked funny as hell. Maybe I'll prank her more in the future.

"Mmmggghh!" (Lillia)

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" (Kazu)

Damn! What is that grip strength? It's fucking monstrous!

Her hand gripped my arm so tight that it left a red mark of her hand. Shit, now it's turning a little bit purple.

Note to self, don't prank her.

"Here, your weapons." (Lillia)

She hands me a bag of weapons. In it, there're 2 daggers, a bow, a quiver, and some arrows.

"The bow is for long-ranged attacks, and the daggers are for short-ranged ones." (Lillia)

"Okay, so what do you have in that other bag then?" (Kazu)

"These are my weapons. Inside, there's a broadsword, a knife, a bow, a quiver, and some arrows." (Lillia)

She then gave me some leather armour. The armour consists of leather boots, leather knee pads, leather shoulder pads, leather vest, and leather gloves.

This armour set is the lightest armour that she has. But, since I was physically weak, it was a bit heavy for me.

Nonetheless, it should protect me from danger.

She also gave me 2 small scabbards for my daggers.

After equipping ourselves, we took a horse that she herself apparently raised, and rode it.

Since this place has no big animals or monsters to hunt, we headed to a secret path only she knows, that leads to the woods below the mountains.

~To be continued.....

3