Kigal-Note: Classes
1.2k 10 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Classes:

A class is a profession based on a specific archetype. 

Classes are available from the Skill Shop after completing certain requirements. One can have up to 5 classes, one Main Class, and the rest being Sub-Classes. It is not possible to change classes, except when one upgrades them.

Classes are mostly only used by humanoids, as the World System does not give any heads-up when someone fulfills the requirements for unlocking a class. Instead, a certain Magitech tool is needed to reveal what classes one has completed the requirements for.

As they lack access to such Magitech tools, monsters are practically incapable of obtaining classes. However, some monster races may obtain a class due to evolution. These situations are mostly seen in demi-monster species.

Merits:

A class will grant status corrections to stats that are related to the profession. In some cases, the status could drop instead of increasing, making the selection of classes extremely important.

Classes can also unlock special skills in the Skill Shop that are impossible to obtain in any other way. They also grant abilities when they reach certain thresholds in the special class levels each class has. Most of the time, they are special skills specific to that class.

Types of classes:

There exist five different groups of classes, with each category specializing in a different subject. These are the Warrior classes, the Magician classes, the Scout classes, the Artisan classes, and the Special classes.

  • The Warrior classes focus on physical battles, centering on the use of a special type of weapons, or a fighting style that makes use of those weapons.
  • The Magician classes specialize in the powers of magic. The classes are divided according to what type of magic that they use as their main weapon.
  • The Scout classes center around the act of espionage and trickery. There are a few exceptions that can fight equally well as a Warrior class, but the difference is still there.
  • The Artisan classes are craftsmen that create different genres of items. They have no battle capabilities, except maybe for those who can make use of the weapons they make.
  • The Special classes are classes that are too far from the norm of the four first groups. They are classes that focus on subjects not covered in the first four categories, such as Merchant or Strategist.

Main- and Sub Classes:

The amount of classes one can take is limited to 1 Main Class and at most four Sub Classes.

The Main Class obtains all the special abilities and status corrections of the selected class and is represented as the person in question's main occupation. Meanwhile, Sub Classes only obtain 75% of the status corrections and a limited amount of the special abilities that come with the class. The number of Skill Points needed to obtain the classes differs depending on what type and ranking of the class.

While the Main Class is available to everyone, the Sub Classes have restrictions based on one's racial rank and level. One must also pay an additional price for each Sub Class one obtains after the first one.

The Sub Classes gets unlocked at the following levels:

  1. The first Sub Class unlocks at racial rank F, at Lv.10
  2. The second Sub Class unlocks at racial rank E, at Lv.20
    • Costs 1 Skill Point more than the original price.
  3. The third Sub Class unlocks at racial rank D, at Lv.10
    • Costs 2 Skill Points more than the original price.
  4. The fourth and final Sub Class unlocks at racial rank C, at Lv.10
    • Costs 4 Skill Points more than the original price.

Rankings of classes:

Classes are divided not only into categories but also in ranks. 

These ranks are created to show the difficulty of the requirements that are needed to be fulfilled to obtain the class.

As a class with more difficult requirements are more powerful than its peers, these rankings also work to demonstrate how strong a class can be. This also means one can unlock a class of the same ranking, but more powerful abilities, if one completes the requirements for that class.

The Skill Points needed for each class are also determined by these ranks.

The ranks are as follows:

  1. Beginner: Starting classes for the first four categories. Meaning the Soldier class, the Mage class, and the Scout class. These can be taken to obtain the skills that come with them, but none of the skills are unique to those classes. The more popular option is to take an Intermediate rank class the moment they unlock them.
    • Main Class: 3 Skill Points.
    • Sub Class: 5 Skill Points.
  2. Intermediate: These classes are what's considered the real starting classes. Includes classes such as Swordsman, Enchanter, Thief, Merchant, and Squire.
    • Main Class: 5 Skill Points.
    • Sub Class: 7 Skill Points.
  3. Advanced: Classes one can only take by advancing in an Intermediate rank class, plus some possible other requirements. 
    • Main Class: 10 Skill Points.
    • Sub Class: 12 Skill Points.
  4. Master: The highest rank of classes possible to take. They are the strongest possible class to obtain, and can only be obtained through special methods.
    • Main Class: 12 Skill Points.
    • Sub Class: 15 Skill Points.

Alvatria's comment: Special classes matches my taste better than the others. 

Garami's comment: I can only think that you think about some R-18 classes here.

20