Kigal-Note/Traits: Reptile-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
201 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

Reptile-type traits are granted to any reptilian species. These traits can sometimes be found in dinosaur monsters and certain dragons. This is due to the close connection between reptiles, dinosaurs, and dragons.

However, even if they are in the same "reptilian pyramid", they are separated into different power levels. The lowest level, which is for the common Reptile-type traits, is at the very bottom.


Trait: Reptile/Reptile (X)

Abilities:

  • Eases the requirements for obtaining any Reptile-type skills.
  • Enhances scale-based skills: [Small]
  • Decreases physical capabilities when exposed to cold temperatures: [Normal]
  • Increases physical capabilities when exposed to warm temperatures: [Small]
  • Enhances SP recovery through eating: [Small]
  • Allows regeneration of specific lost limbs.
  • If Reptile (X):
    • Various effects.

Description:

Reptiles have scales to guard their bodies, and their metabolism allows them to slowly digest their food, which allows them to stay active for longer durations than normal. They are also susceptible to changes in temperature, which may alter their performance in a battle to a certain degree.

The Reptile-trait may also come in attribute-based variants, such as "Reptile (Fire)" or "Reptile (Wind)". These variants will come with an extra effect unique to their attribute. However, the possible attributes these variants can have are restricted to the primary attributes, but the reptiles are not forced to have these attributes as racial attributes. This may lead to some of them even having a "Reptile (Order)" and "Reptile (Chaos)" trait.

Finally, these attribute-based variants may alter how the temperature may affect the reptile's physical abilities. "Reptile (Fire)" can make it stronger when exposed to heat, while "Reptile (Ice)" outright inverts the original values for the alterations of the reptile's abilities. 


Trait: Reptile (Aquatic)

Abilities:

  • Increases swimming capabilities.
  • Doubling the time one can stay underwater without breathing.
  • Reduced Water-type and Ocean-type damage: [Small]

Description:

The Reptile (Aquatic) trait is something akin to an auxiliary trait for the various Reptile-type traits. It is given to the reptile species that live in rivers, the ocean, or any other bodies of water. Turtle trait and Crocodile trait owners are the most popular holders of this trait.


Trait: Turtle/Tortoise

Abilities:

  • Eases the requirements for obtaining any Turtle/Tortoise-type skills.
  • Enhances shell-based skills: [Small]
  • Decreases natural SP consumption: [Normal]
  • Increases the value of DEF and RES stats: *1.5
  • Decreases the value of SPD and DEX stats: *0.5
  • Increases the value of HP and SP stats: *2
  • Increases resistance towards bodily status ailments: [Normal]
  • Variates:
    • If "Turtle": Decreases the damage from sea-related attributes: [Normal]
    • If "Tortoise": Decreases the damage from ground-related attributes: [Normal]

Description:

The traits "Turtle" and "Tortoise" are both used for the well-known shell-bearers. Turtle is the trait given to the ocean-dwelling kind while Tortoise is for the landlubbers.

Both skills provide an enhancement to the reptiles' shell(s) while also improving their SP consumption due to their energy-saving bodies. They can also handle bodily status ailments such as "Poison" and "Paralyze" quite well.

The most memorial ability of these two traits is how they alter the value of the reptiles' status points. For example, a Turtle with 100 HP is equal to a human with 200 HP. This makes turtles and tortoises even more durable than what one could guess from a simple look at their stats.

There also exists a rarer "Giant Turtle" and "Giant Tortoise" trait that is granted only to higher-ranked turtles and Tortoise. Above that again are the "Turtle Island" and "Tortoise Island" traits. Just how big are these creatures trying to become...?


Trait: Serpent/Serpent (Toxic)

Abilities:

  • Eases the requirements for obtaining any Snake-type skills.
  • Enhances fang-based skills: [Small]
  • Enhances SP recovery through eating: [Small]
  • Decreases natural SP consumption: [Small]
  • Thermovision.
  • If "Serpent (Toxic)":
    • Eases the requirements for obtaining skills related to bodily status ailments.
    • Increases resistance towards bodily status ailments: [Small]

Description:

Serpents, as in snakes, is slippery and sneaky. They are granted enhanced fangs and reduced concerns regarding recovering and spending SP. Finally, they also have access to Thermovision, allowing them to detect heat sources without having to rely on skills.

Just as with the turtles and tortoises, Serpents have a more advanced version of their trait known as the "Giant Serpent" trait. Luckily, they do not grow to the size of islands. They turn into Pseudo-Dragons, at the very least.


Trait: Crocodilian

Abilities:

  • Eases the requirements for obtaining any Crocodile-type skills.
  • Enhances fang-based and scale-based skills: [Small]
  • Enhances jaw-based skills: [Normal]
  • Decreases physical capabilities when exposed to cold temperatures: [Normal]
  • Increases physical capabilities when exposed to warm temperatures: [Small]
  • Decreases natural SP consumption: [Normal]
  • Positive correction to stealth actions and skills when located inside swamp-type areas or while inside bodies of water: [Normal]
  • Reduces necessary LP to recruit/be recruited by other Crocodile-trait owners by 10 LP (cannot go lower than 10).

Description:

Crocodiles can be considered the strongest of the "low-rank" reptilians. As part of this, the Crocodilian traits grant them strong jaws, durable scales, and vicious fangs.

To top it all, those with Crocodilian have a knack for practically turning invisible when in their natural habitat, which is also being enhanced System-wise through the trait. Combined with their reduced natural SP consumption, which allows them to stay in one spot for a lengthy duration, you can never be sure you're safe while in crocodile territory. 

While one wouldn't believe it normally, crocodiles and their close relatives are social creatures, enough for them to gain an LP reduction effect when grouped with other crocodiles.

Runitos' comment: Wha-hahaha! Flint! You better graduate from being a simple lizard soon!

Flint's comment: Sure... (Why is he so chummy with me of all people?)

4