Kigal-Note/Traits: Fae-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
268 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

Fae. Spirits of mischief or demons of nature. Their true nature is uncertain, but it is known that the Fae can both be helpful allies or terrible enemies to come across. 

The Fae races have multiple different types of traits, with one category determining whether the Fae is good for mankind or not.

The second type is telling what the special abilities the different Fae-races have outside their "karmic relationship" with the rest of humanity. Due to there being too many examples of these traits, only the top 4 traits will be told about here.


Trait: Seelie Fae

Abilities:

  • Reduced magic-type damage received: *0.8
  • Increased physical-type damage received: *1.2
  • Increased Iron-type damage received: *2.5
  • Positive Karma Value increase: [Small]
  • Negative Karma Value decrease: [Small]
  • Positive correction to support-type skills: [Medium]

Description:

Fae of the Seelie Court. A type of Fae who gives warnings to people, asks them for help, and can have a relatively friendly relationship with the rest of humanity. That doesn't mean there are no Seelie Fae who wouldn't perform mischief if they find it fitting to torment some poor fool.

Do note that these kinds of Fae have their values outside of what is common for humanity, so they may act in impossibly inhuman ways sometimes.


Trait: Unseelie Fae

Abilities:

  • Reduced magic-type damage received: *0.8
  • Increased physical-type damage received: *1.2
  • Increased Iron-type damage received: *2.5
  • Negative Karma Value increase: [Small]
  • Positive Karma Value decrease: [Small]
  • Positive correction to disruption-type skills: [Medium]

Description:

Fae of the Unseelie Court. These Fae creatures are aggressive and ferocious. They do not need a good reason for their "mischief", and will easily bring a man to madness (or worse) in whatever way they find amusing. 

Other than that, the Unseelie Fae are creatures whose mindset is extremely close to humanoids'. They know what is evil or not, and they perform their vile acts fully knowing it. This is what makes them different from the Seelie Fae, who sometimes performs bad deeds without being aware of it. 


Trait: "XXX" Fairy

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *2.0
  • Decreases the values of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *0.5
  • "XXX" attribute enhancement: [Medium]
  • "XXX"-unrelated attribute reduction: [Small/Medium]
  • Status enhancement when in areas with "XXX" aether: [Medium]
  • Enhanced flight abilities: [Small/Medium/Huge]

Description:

The Attribute Fairies. These Fae creatures are the most commonly known Fae, the kind that is not any bigger than a grown man's hand and uses bug-inspired wings to fly around in the air. Of course, they can also come in human-sized sizes as well. All Fairies belong to an attribute, be it primary or not, while the closest thing to a "non-attribute fairy" would be the Fae race known as the Pixie.

These fairies are related to all the elements recorded in Terra Sol. They are granted bonuses related to their racial attribute, but they will grow weaker in other attributes. Just what attributes and how weak they grow depends on the compatibility between the main attribute and the others. 

Fairies are born magicians, but in return, are physically frail. Speed and magic are often-taken courses of action when Fairies are forced to do battle. Fairies also have variating flight abilities. Fairies of Wind and related attributes have the highest flight capabilities, while Earth Fairies and their close relatives have the worst. 


Trait: Fae King/Queen

Abilities:

  • Reduced damage from any attribute-based attacks other than Iron: [Medium]
  • Reduced necessary LP to recruit other Faes by 20 (cannot go lower than 5).
  • Increases the number of Fae that can be recruited to any group by 5.
  • Can detect lies.

Description:

The Fae King and Queen. These are the ruler classes for ALL the Fae races, which means any of the Fae can become the next king/queen if they are charismatic enough..., and manages to evolve properly.

The Fae royalties can resist ANY attribute-based attacks, reduce the LP costs to include other Fae into their groups, and even expand the number of Fae that can be recruited with Leadership-type skills! Finally, Fae royalty can notice when someone lies to them, so you need to have quite the silver tongue if you wish to do a fast one on these nobles.


Trait: Bestial Fae

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *1.5
  • Decreases the values of MP and MAG stats: *0.7
  • Positive correction to one's five senses: [Small]
  • Grants mana-detection abilities to all of one's five senses.

Description:

Bestial Fae. The umbrella trait for all beast-type Faes. This holds for anything from the Black Dog to the Caith Seith. 

These Faes are musclebrains who lose some of their magical abilities in exchange for a more durable physique. In this way, they can be considered the opposite of the attribute Fairies. 

Bestial Faes also have an increased sense of...everything. Even when it comes to sensing mana. They can hunt you down if they wish to, and you won't be able to escape.


Trait: No-Life Fae

Abilities:

  • Takes continuous damage from sunlight. 
  • Reduced Remnant-type damage received: *0.8
  • Increased Sacred-type damage received: *1.5
  • Recovers HP with both positive and negative life force.
  • Bonus to all stats when exposed to moonlight: [Huge]
  • Remant-type attribute enhancement: [Normal]
  • Improved automatic recovery skills: [Normal]
  • Negates most status ailments.
  • Nightvision and Soulvision
  • Negates loss of SP except for skills that specifically consume SP.

Description:

No-Life Fae is a trait given exclusively to the undead Faes. This goes for creatures like the Dullahan, or the mystical Banshees. 

This trait takes after the Undead-based ones, but with some differences. There is no weakness to Glow-type attributes, the No-Life Fae can recover with any form of life force, it gains greater enhancements from moonlight, and its automatic recovery skills are a little worse compared to "true undead". 

Be careful when you walk through a mysterious forest in the middle of the night. Some of these creatures may be hiding behind a tree...

Flint's comment: "Aggressive and ferocious"? "Doesn't need a good reason to do mischief"? ...Yeah, that sounds like someone I know.

Rouge's comment: What!? Lead the way, brave lizard, and I will stop this hooligan from doing their devious ways!

Flint's comment: Think they'll turn the table on you. If not the bed.

6