Kigal-Note/Traits: Bovine-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
175 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

The Bovine-type traits are given to cows and bulls of all the different bovine races on Terra Sol. 

The traits are generally granting the bovine an increase in stamina and physical abilities, but a reduction in their magical powers and dexterity. You know what they say about a bull in a China shop and all that.


Trait: Bovine

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP & SP stats: *1.5
  • Increases the values of STR & VIT stats: 1.2
  • Decreases the values of MAG & DEX stats: 0.6
  • Reduced resistance against the Rage-type ailment(s): [Small]
  • Positive correction for traveling through plain-type areas: [Medium]
  • If a leader for a group with only Bovine-type creatures: Increases LP by 50.

Description:

The [Bovine] trait is the most common and the original bovine-type trait, which is used as the template for the other variants. In addition to the status value alterations, [Bovine] comes with the slight disadvantage of the trait holder being more susceptible to Rage-type ailments. 

[Bovine] has many variants depending on the bovine in question's ecosystem, and each variant grants its holder a positive effect related to that environment. Just to name some examples, the original trait gives some extra help for traveling through plains, while the snow-cold [Yak] variant makes it easier to go through snow, and the [Buffalo] trait simplifies walking through mud.


Trait: Sacred Bull

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP, MP, and SP stats: *1.5
  • Increases the values of MAG & VIT stats: 1.1
  • Decreases the values of STR & DEX stats: 0.8
  • Increased resistance against the Rage-type ailment(s): [Small]
  • Sacred-type attribute enhancements: [Medium]
  • Gloom-type attribute reduction: [Small]
  • Increased Copper attribute damage received: *1.5
  • Positive Karma Value increase: [High]
  • Negative Karma Value decrease: [High]
  • Incapable of obtaining the Curse attribute.
  • Increases the effect of cleaning-type and divine-type rituals. 

Description:

The [Sacred Bull] trait is given to Celestial-related cows and bulls, and it is considered a replacement to both the Celestial ranking-type traits and [Monstrous Celestial] at the same time, as well as a fusion of the two mentioned traits, alongside the Bovine-type traits.

[Sacred Bull] makes its owner have a higher affinity for magic than physical strength, which often causes bulls and cows to obtain a skill-rebuild if they evolve and obtain this trait as a replacement for their original Bovine-type trait. They also have a resistance toward Rage-type ailments instead of being weak against them. This may be due to how the cows with this trait are often too lazy to become angry, but the debate is still open. 

Other than that, [Sacred Bull] also has several effects that can be found in the Celestial-type traits. This includes a higher chance to obtain positive Karma Value, a positive correction for Sacred-type attributes, a weakness to Copper-type damage, and the incapability of obtaining the Curse attribute, which is said to be connected to demons. 


Trait: Minotaur

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP & SP stats: *1.5
  • Increases the values of STR & VIT stats: 1.4
  • Decreases the values of MAG & DEX stats: 0.5
  • Reduced resistance against the Rage-type ailment(s): [Medium]
  • Positive correction to stats while in labyrinth-type areas: [High]
  • Further reduces LP costs to recruit other Bovine-type creatures to one's group by 10 LP (cannot go lower than 5 LP)

Description:

The [Minotaur] trait is given to humanoid monsters that can be connected to the bovine-type races. The most obvious example is the one this trait is named after, the Minotaurus. 

Compared to the original [Bovine] trait, [Minotaur] has a higher focus on physical attack power even at the cost of having even weaker magical abilities. They also are granted a special bonus while in a specific area. In this case, as opposed to plains or snowy fields, the [Minotaur] gets a bonus while inside a labyrinth. This makes the Minotaurus a popular monster to be found inside Dungeons, as the trait's effect extends even to them.

Since it can be considered "humanoid", the [Minotaur] skill has an LP-reduction effect that is commonly seen in those types of traits. Though, as these creatures are often less likely to make flocks compared to humanoids, the effect is sort of moot.

Blaze's comment: Why aren't there any effects that give you a bigger bust!? ...I am speaking for a friend.

Noire's comment: Please... But if your friend ever finds something out, have her call me. Not because I want to know..., but so I can tell my friends.

6