Kigal-Note/Traits: Primate-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
105 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

Primates, apes, monkeys, whatever you would like to call them. These close relatives of humans are considered a different type of species in the eyes of the World System and have therefore their own set of traits.

All primates have one of the "core" Primate-type traits, but some special species may also have access to other, more special axillary traits that may completely alter what they are capable of. Some examples, along with the core traits, are listed below.


Trait: Lower Primate

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of SP, STR, and DEX stats: *1.2
  • Decreases the values of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *0.8
  • Positive correction to climbing and mobility skills aimed for jungles and forests: [Small]
  • Reduced mental resistance against the "temptation" of bananas: [Normal]
Trait: Primate

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of SP, STR, and DEX stats: *1.5
  • Decreases the values of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *0.6
  • Positive correction to climbing and mobility skills aimed for jungles and forests: [Normal]
  • Positive correction to copy and mimicking skills: [Small]
  • Reduced mental resistance against the "temptation" of bananas: [High]
Trait: Greater Primate

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of SP, STR, and DEX stats: *1.6
  • Decreases the values of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *0.8
  • Positive correction to climbing and mobility skills aimed for jungles and forests: [High]
  • Positive correction to copy and mimicking skills: [Normal]
  • Higher resistance against [Blindness] and [Silence]-type ailments: [Normal]
  • Reduced mental resistance against the "temptation" of bananas: [Normal]

Description:

The core traits of the primate-type species consist of [Low Primate], [Primate], and [Greater Primatee]. All these traits grant a positive correction for moving around in a forest, a heavy physical status builds at the cost of low magic ability, and a strange "weakness" in the fact that the trait owner cannot resist bananas for some reason.

The higher-ranked traits also gain better "copying" skills, probably inspired by the saying "monkey see, monkey do". And [Greater Primate] again gains a better resistance against the [Blindness] ailment, which hampers sight, and the [Silence] ailment, which forbids you from voicing out commands or performing magic chants. Whether either could be considered harmful for the powerhouse monkeys is yet to be proven.


Trait: Sage Ape

Abilities:

  • Negates status value changes from the original Primate-type traits.
  • Increases the value of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *1.4
  • Positive correction to shamanistic-type magic: [Normal]

Description:

The [Sage Ape] trait is given to the species that have rebelled against the Primates' weak talent for magic and earned the "honor" of being able to evolve into a magic-specialist species.

Their status values enhancements from the core traits are canceled and replaced with a new magic-focused build. They are also granted a positive correction to shaman-related magic, a trait they can gladly make use of due to the Primate species' inborn talent for the Book of Traditions and shaman-type magic in general.


Trait: Funkey Ape

Abilities:

  • Negates jungle-related buffs from original Primate-type traits.
  • Negates status value changes from the original Primate-type traits.
  • Increases the value of DEX stats: *2.0
  • Positive correction for item-related skills: [High]

Description:

The [Funkey Ape] trait is given to Primate species who adapts to urban areas and start using items more than their muscles. 

Again, their status value changes from the core traits are negated, but this time, the movement boost for jungle areas is facing the same fate.

In exchange, the monkeys that gain this trait are granted a ridiculously high boost to their DEX stat, as well as an extremely improved ability to use items. And for some reason, they all have turned into extremely good dancers. Even if it's not part of the trait's effects!


Trait: King Ape

Abilities:

  • Increases status values of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *2.0
  • Reduces status values of MAG, RES, and SPD stats: *0.5
  • Increased LP cost to be recruited by non-Primates: +50 LP. 
  • Negates the "temptation" from bananas.

Description:

The [King Ape] trait is NOT given to the "alpha" of a monkey horde. Instead, it is given to the giant-type apes that Migrants something calls "KING KONGS" with shocked voices. 

Due to their size, the [King Ape] trait owners are granted a further increase/decrease to their stats, on top of the alterations they gain from the core Primate stats, so their status builds are famous for being some of the most lopsided builds on Terra Sol. 

Also, due to their huge size and physical stats, the King Apes are given a nasty restriction in that they need an additional 50 LP to be recruited by non-Primates. On the other hand, they have "overcome" their weakness toward the banana. Probably because they are so big that some small fruits won't be able to sate them anymore.

Noire's comment: I am just asking, but you do not possess any of these traits, do you?

Regina's comment: How rude! I don't even eat bananas! Give me a bottle of whisky instead!

5