Kigal-Note/Traits: Mollusc-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

The "Molluscs" traits are used by various creatures such as octopi, slugs, and even clams. A common trait for them is that they all increase the value of a type of defensive status value, different types of value changes for certain attributes, and enhancements to skills typical for the type of creature the traits are tailored for.

There are three types of "Mollusc-type" traits, each used for a main representative of the various mollusc-related species on Terra Sol. There do exist rarer variants of these traits, but we will stick to the common models of these traits in this chapter.


Trait: Cephalopods

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of HP stats: *1.5
  • Positive correction to stealth, swimming, and tentacle-type skills: [High]
  • Positive affinity for Ocean and Ink-attribute skills: [Normal]
  • Increased damage from Heat-type attacks: [Small]

Description:

[Cephalopods] is the trait given to octopi and squid-type monsters. They gain a positive correction to stealth, swimming, and tentacle skills, all vital abilities that can be found in cephalopods normally. In addition, they are also granted a positive correction for Ocean attribute skills and Ink attribute skills for the same reasons. As a downside, they have it more difficult surviving Heat-category attacks. 

Other variants of [Cephalopods] include the unique [Spy Octopus] trait that grants even better stealth-type effects (it is not restricted to only octopi despite its name) and the infamous [Kraken] trait. 


Trait: Slug

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of RES stats: *1.5
  • Positive correction to regeneration and mucus-creation skills: [High]
  • Increased damage from Salt-attribute attacks: [Massive]
  • Increases physical capabilities in rain: [Small]
  • Increases damage inflicted onto Wood-attribute enemies: [Medium]
  • Negates gender settings and restrictions. 

Description:

The [Slug] trait is given to the worst enemy of house gardens, the slugs. Due to that, the slugs enjoy an advantage against any targets whose race is connected to the Wood attribute. They also obtain a bonus for their regen skills and their mucus-related effects. In addition, their RES values will be treated as greater than their original value. Not to forget that slugs are granted a positive correction to their physical stats while they're active in the rain.

In exchange for these many effects, [Slug] owners are burdened by a huge weakness to the Salt attribute. In addition, gender-related effects will not work on [Slug] users. That doesn't protect them from the [Charm] alignment, however.


Trait: Clam

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of VIT stats: *1.5
  • Positive correction to armor and shell-based moves: [High]
  • Positive correction to digging-type moves: [Small]
  • Positive affinity for Ocean and Sand attributes: [Medium]

Description:

The [Clam] trait is the final "main" trait in the Mollusc category. It increases the value of VIT stats, as well as enhanced armor and shell-type moves.

This trait is strictly restricted to clam-type creatures living in the ocean and on beaches, making the trait tailored to surviving in those locations with enhanced affinity for both the Ocean attribute and the Sand attribute, as well as improved digging-type skills to allow a quick getaway in the sand.

Another variant of this trait is the [Pearl Clam] trait, which is more focused on the Gem attribute over both Sand and Ocean. There is also the [Shen] trait, based on the mirage-like giant clam monster living at the bottom of the sea.

Zaria's comment: Mira would love those second-to-last clams. 

Shiro's comment: Meh. The last one is more valuable. If they could hide me from Akai, that is...

3