004. Union Guild
1.7k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selina and her mother are planning to go to Union Guild today. Union Guild is the result of joint cooperation by all countries in the Luther continent. Union Guild works in: first, managing all adventurer's mission or as a medium between employer and employee, in this case, the employee is the adventurers or sometimes for Seraphium's knights from ten divisions; second, Union Guild also managing trade between two-party, either adventurers or between Countries, which in the second case they work under Seraphium's Ministry of Finance; third is about the patent.

A patent is a form of intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, selling, and importing an invention like theirs. So in this case, Union Guild must register a patent for Alchemist who invented new magic device so another Alchemist won't be able to copy other's invention and tell people that is their invention, and if they do copy it, they must pay ten percent from the price of goods to the original Alchemist who invented it.

Union Guild also assessing the difficulty of missions as such, the one who works for Union Guild must be someone strong enough. So to solve the problem, the King decided that one of the knight divisions will be the one who works as Union Guild officers in the Seraphium Kingdom and the chosen one was knights of 10th division, Blue Lyre.

.

.

.

.

.

After walking for a while, Selina and her mother come to the front door, they just come in when a stool almost hits the head of Diana.

"Mo… Mom…. Are you alright?" Selina asked in worry.

"Yes honey, they can't even scratch me, remember I am strong," Diana assured her daughter.

Just as Diana finished her words, a young woman came, bowed and apologized for the ruckus.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience you have to experience here," said the beautiful lady at Diana then she lifted her head and said to one man who is an adventurer and in drunk condition. Selina concluded that he was the one who threw the stool that almost hits her Mom.

"Please leave this instant or you will be brought out of here with force."

"Hah? A receptionist like you can do what, you guys from the division of Blue Lyre were only working with papers all day!" said the drunk adventurer arrogantly.

"Is that so?" Suddenly the place becomes hotter and hotter and the wind blows away the papers on one of the closest tables then lightning began to appear around the beautiful lady. People began to murmur something like "Dual affinities," "Fire and Wind," and "Advance Element."

'To be honest, I don't care about what these people murmuring about, I'm just glad the stool didn't hit Mom and how cool this receptionist lady is,' Selina thought.

Afterward, her mind is full-on how to become as cool as that receptionist lady was in provide services to her and her mother and also how she's stronger than even the drunk adventurer who has a big and stronger body, you can even saw his muscle that protruding from all over his body. In fact, his palm is also bigger than the beautiful receptionist lady's face.

"So what if you have dual affinities, you can't be more powerful than me!"

Before the drunk men go for an attack on the beautiful lady, the lady suddenly appears behind the men and struck the men's nape. The drunk men suddenly fell to the floor. Everyone in the guild cheered up at the victory of a beautiful lady who only let go of a light smile to everyone that supported her.

.

.

.

.

.

"Good afternoon! What can I do for you?" The beautiful lady asked Diana with a smile from behind the long table.

"I want to order a courier service from Union Guild on behalf of Blooming Moon to be sent to Mrs. Eliana Vivid Rosenfeld from Grand Duke Rosenfeld's household." Diana's answer makes the lady smile.

"Okay, we will send it as soon as possible. Is the next morning alright with you? Sorry but our courier service only works until afternoon."

"It's okay. Please send the package safely."

"Understood, the fee would be ten silver coins."

In this world the currency used is coins. Coins are divided into four kinds, they are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum coins. One platinum coin is worth one hundred gold coins, one gold coins are worth one hundred silver coins and one silver coins are worth one hundred bronze coins.

After Diana's matter with the beautiful receptionist lady is done, Selina raised her right hand as she wanted to ask something to the beautiful lady.

"Hmm...? What can I do for you, young lady?" She asked Selina with a smile.

"Ho... How can I be like you?"

"Do you mean my move that made the man knocked out earlier?"

"Yes! That and how can I be accepted to work here?"

"Selina!" Diana scolds.

"It's alright, Ma'am," the beautiful receptionist lady assured Diana.

"If you want to become a receptionist here like me then, first you have to attend Seraphium Royal Academy, learn about mana control, have your Signum Ceremony to know what is your affinity with elements, lastly you must become a top scorer in school and get a recommendation letter."

"I want to be an alchemist, miss...." Selina reads her nametag "Miss Yulia Katinaf, although I want to be an alchemist, I also want to become a nice receptionist lady like you too."

Selina lifting her head and look into Yulia's eyes.

"Ahh... It's really a tough question," Yulia is thinking about what should she answer to Selina.

"Just do both of them. You can become a mysterious alchemist with your own alias and work here as a receptionist at the same time. We have wide networks, if your invention is good and first of its kind you must register the patent here so your work can't be copied by anyone except you allow them to. Afterward, they must pay you ten percent of the total of their sales to you." A charismatic voice then interrupts Selina's conversation with Yulia.

"Chief!" Yulia exclaimed.

"Can I really do that, Madam?" Selina asked.

"My name is Fleur Voss Licht. Call me Chief Fleur when we are working as Union Guild Officer or Captain Fleur when we're working as a knight of Seraphium Kingdom. For your question, of course, you can do that. We work on shift so on the day off you can make your invention," said the Chief or Captain of 10th Division knights of Blue Lyre, Fleur Voss Licht.

"Mom, can I do that?" Her dark brown eyes stared at her mom.

"You can do it if you worked hard, Lina darling."

"Yes! I'm gonna be alchemist and receptionist from Blue Lyre."

After Selina's declaration to the beautiful lady, Yulia Katinaf and her Captain Fleur, Yulia asking her again.

"Are you sure you want to be both a receptionist like me and an alchemist?"

"I'm sure if I worked hard enough, I can be successful in both." Answered Selina with an optimistic tone.

Yulia smiled and said, "Our 'receptionists' is actually Union Guild officers, we do not accept ordinary graduates. If you become a top scorer in Seraphium Royal Academy in your last year you can have a letter of recommendation to where you want to work. I'm like that too, so when I got my letter of recommendation, I said to my teacher to send that to the 10th division knights of Blue Lyre. We are not only receptionists who become medium between employer and employee, but we sometimes demanded by other divisions to come as support and help them. So our work isn't easy at all."

Yulia inhale the asked with eyes that searching for conviction, "Do you still want to be a knight in the 10th division of Blue Lyre?"

"Yes, I want to work here." She said with much conviction.

.

.

.

.

.

Since that day, Selina will go with her mother or father if they go to Union Guild without fail. Even if she's banned to come along. She doesn't care. One day when she's banned to come along, as her father going to Forbidden Forest to exterminate a demon beast that appears on the border between Seraphium Kingdom and the Forest. She disguised herself as a boy. She wore her brother's old clothes that don't fit anymore, hidden her hair that now becomes a bit longer under a hat and sneaks out without anyone know.

'With these perfect disguise, no one will know that I'm a girl,' Selina confidently state in her mind as she stared at her own reflection in the mirror in front of her.

Selina slips up from her caretaker and goes past the bushes then she comes face to face with the fence. Measuring the height and difficulty of the fence, she chose to climb the closest tree to the fence first, afterward, she carefully goes down from the tree branch to the top of the fence, then she climbed down the fence and she is free to go to the Union Guild.

In Union Guild, Selina prepared to sneak up to her favorite sister Yulia Katinaf who teach her all material about becoming an exemplar knight slash receptionist and officer of Union Guild. Usually, at this time she was on break, but today she doesn't see her favorite sister in her usual place, backyard. When she asked a middle-aged man who replaces shift with sister Yulia, he said she's ill with a cold so she will be absent for three to four days.

Although Selina is sad she can't meet her, but now Selina can walk around the capital city of Seraphina since she didn't do that yet. But when Selina's looking around the market alone, she sees something unusual, a girl about four to five years old is being forced by three drunk men to follow them.

33