005. Damsel in Distress
1.4k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selina immediately goes after them and hiding behind one of the unused boxes. It seems one of three has compatibility with Water Element. The mist that surrounding their small area where they forced the little girl oddly does not draw the attention of people. The spell must have an illusion effect. As for why the girl didn't shout to draw people's attention, it is because her mouth has been gagged also her hands and feet tied. But the odder thing was the spell doesn't affect Selina.

'Maybe because I am already near them from the beginning, the illusion doesn't affect me like other people,' thought Selina.

"Looks like I've found the right target to try my new stun gun," Selina said quietly so that no one could hear her.

From inside her pants' right pocket, Selina pulled out an ignitorem which she had modified before. Holding the ignitorem slash stun gun tightly, Selina remembered the first time she had tested the magic device. Although the results were not as expected by Selina because at the time she wrote the thurisaz rune she did not have sufficient control of her mana.

Ignitorem modified by Selina does not function stably. The magic device sometimes emits high-voltage electricity as she expected and makes noise, sometimes it emits low-voltage like a mosquito racket, and sometimes even does not function at all. Selina can only surrender to the Goddess of Luck to determine which of these three results will come out when needed.

Refocused herself, Selina sees a man who continuously chanting the spell with illusion effect. He is wearing a dirty long sleeve white shirt made of cotton and a pair of brown pants which is as dirty as his shirt. The smell of alcohol and body odor are mixed, causing a very unpleasant garbage-like smell. Selina almost threw up because of the smell. Luckily she held it in otherwise, she would have been found out by the three drunk people.

Selina then quietly go after the one who is making illusion mist. Selina bends her body a little then she starts to run as hard as her little feet could be in the direction of the illusion maker. The man who was the target of Selina had not had time to turn around when a high kick from Selina hit him hard on his precious jewel that was located between his legs.

"Aaarrgh!" The man shouted in pain which alarmed the two other people.

"Who's there?" Selina heard the other two asking at the same time, but it was ignored by her.

As the illusion maker fell to his knees, she gave him another attack on his head with a hard roundhouse kick which resulted in the man lay without moving. When the other two kidnappers realized one of their friends had fallen, one of them who didn't hold onto the kidnapped girl came and trying to subdue Selina.

"How dare you! You little jerk!" said the one who is trying to subdue Selina.

"Hmph! Don't underestimate me just because I'm only a child now." Selina proudly said.

Selina nimbly avoided the hands of the man who wants to catch her. When he realized he can't easily subduing Selina, he moves more aggressively. Selina also picked up her pace as she avoided the man's attack. This continued for several minutes.

"Hey! What are you doing? Quickly catch the child," said the other man.

"Shut up! I understand even if you don't tell me," replied the man who was trying to catch Selina.

"You little bastard. Come here," the man shouted.

"Do you think I'm stupid? Ah no ... looks like you're the stupid one. Why would anyone want to come to you if they know you have ill intent," Selina teased trying to make the man angrier and lose his mind.

"What are you saying? You stinking little boy!"

"Don't you smell your body odor? You are the one who is stink," Selina said, covering her nose.

"You!"

The man then ran without thinking towards Selina. Selina was silent and waited where she was standing. When the man was near and about to catch her, Selina dodged aside and stuck out one of her legs to tackle the man's leg.

"Ouf!" The man fell and rolled toward the unused boxes where Selina had been hiding before.

*Bug… bag… bug…*

Selina heard the sound of the unused boxes fell on the man's body.

Seeing the man fall and roll quite a distance and covered by boxes, Selina immediately changed her target to the other man who was holding the little girl. The man is short with a large bulging belly. His body odor was as bad as the man who had just fallen.

Selina started running towards the potbellied man. She readied her modified ignitorem in her right hand. When Selina is at a distance where her hand can touch the potbellied man, Selina stretches out her right hand which is holding her modified ignitorem while pressing the red button in one corner of the ignitorem's handle.

*Bzt… bzt… bzt…*

Noise is produced by the ignitorem.

'It seems like today is my lucky day,' Selina thought to herself. She smiled broadly knowing the Goddess of Luck was on her side today.

"Aaaah!" shouted the potbellied man in pain.

Selina didn't let down her guard around the potbellied man. She still attaches her modified ignitorem slash stun gun to the man's body. The man's body was twitching constantly because of the high voltage generated by the modified ignitorem. In the end, the man passed out with a spit of saliva coming out of his mouth.

"Hmm… Hmm…" The little girl glared at Selina's back.

Feeling that there would be a danger if she did not avoid her present position immediately, Selina hugged the little girl and threw both of their bodies to the side.

*Boom!*

A small explosion came from the place where the two of them had been. Selina turned her body towards the man she had managed to tackle before. The man had now stood up and walked slowly towards Selina and the little girl. Cold sweat ran down Selina's forehead.

'If only this girl hadn't hinted at me about the danger, I would have suffered a serious burn now,' Selina thought with a pale face.

"Enough of playing around, brats. Now is the time for you to accept your punishment," said the man menacingly.

"Anávo!" The man cast a spell.

In his hand appeared flames as big as a basketball. He then threw the fireball towards Selina and the little girl.

"Shit!" cursed Selina who then for the second time hugged the little girl's body and threw both of their bodies to avoid the fireball.

"That's the way it is ... You should know not to play with adults," said the man with a sarcastic tone.

Selina realized she couldn't keep avoiding the fireball that the man would keep throwing. With her modified ignitorem being thrown somewhere else when Selina tried to avoid the first fireball, Selina didn't have any weapons for self-defense anymore. So she decided it was time to call for reinforcement. Because previously the little girl was still under the captivity of the three kidnappers, Selina could not immediately ask for help. According to her experience in her previous life, the kidnappers will lower their guard around a kid than an adult.

As she knows the fact about the illusion which is not working anymore, Selina then opened her mouth and screamed out loud. Like really, really loud.

"HELP! THESE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KIDNAP US!"

When people heard Selina's scream, they began to gather to see where the screaming was coming from.

"Look there are two children there. Looks like one of them is the one screaming for help," said an old woman who holds groceries.

"Yes. Even the little girl who was beside the child had a gagged mouth while her hands and feet tied. Hey, what are you doing? We better help both of them quickly."

Soon enough people began to help and finally Selina and the little girl are safe from these three drunk men.

"Bring them to Union Guild, they can take care of these scums," said one of the citizens who gathered to help.

"Yes! Bring them to Union Guild. Let the knights from Blue Lyre take care of them." Said another citizen.

Afterward, the three drunk people were then bound and taken to the Lobby of Union Guild. After the people left, only Selina, the kidnapped girl also some merchants who want to return to their merchandise.

"Are you alright?" Selina asked the girl while her hands tried to open the mouth cover and the ties on the little girl's hands and feet.

After Selina managed to untie the cloth that clogged the little girl's mouth, the little girl answered Selina's question in a low voice.

"I'm alright, thank you."

"Are you hurt?" Selina asked again.

"No. I'm fine, only a few friction wounds that can heal instantly with healing magic," answered the little girl.

The little girl watched Selina then she asked Selina in a worried tone, "What about you?"

"I am okay, too."

Selina gave a big smile which the little girl also smiled back at.

27