007. Seraphium Royal Academy
1.4k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two years have passed since Selina studies under her Uncle, Leo Zodiva to become an alchemist in the Calamus Republic. In addition to studying to become an alchemist, Selina also studied and trained her body to become a knight at Blue Lyre. A nice and cool receptionist sister, Yulia Katinaf sent Selina all the materials regarding the work of a knight at Blue Lyre so that she could better prepare herself for professional exams. And at last, it is time for Selina to study at Seraphium Royal Academy.

'Seraphium Royal Academy,' even if the name of the school has the word 'Royal' in it, it was a public school for everyone, both nobles, and ordinary people. They attached 'Royal' because this school gives scholarships to the poor from the Royal family's savings and not from the national treasury. After all, the now reigning King wants nobles and ordinary people to socialize better through the top school in Seraphium Kingdom, Seraphium Royal Academy. Also, this school only allowed living in school, or dorm system for the second year and up until they're seventeen and took the professional exams.

The first term began on 1st September so Selina already can attend the school after all her birthday was on 28th August and maybe she will become the youngest of her class. Only children who already become six years old when the term begins can attend the Academy. As in that one year, they will be taught how to control mana, how mana works in conjuring elements, how the conjured elements shaped itself to what the caster imagined, etcetera.

But before all that, what Selina must do is going to Seraphium Royal Academy for registration. So exactly on 28th August which is Selina's birthday, two days before the end of registration Selina and her father come to Seraphium Royal Academy. The school was so big Selina's mouth opened in agape.

The walls are painted white with a white marble floor. Selina can only describe it as majestic. Four other buildings encircled the white majestic building, colored red, green, copper brown, and blue. Each has a different color of walls but still has gold accent color to them, the color of royals.

The four buildings are the dorms in Seraphium Royal Academy for the student of the second year and up after they have their Signum Ceremony. The buildings each have walls in color associated with Four Basic Elements' spirits that born from Darkness and Light Elements, according to the official religion of Seraphium Kingdom. The official religion of Seraphium Kingdom is named Stoicheía or Elements in Runes language.

The red building is Salamander dorm for people with an affinity to the Fire element. Salamander dorm's walls are colored red and gold accents while also have the emblem with a creature that resembles a red dragon without wings. The green building is Sylph dorm for people with an affinity to the Wind element. The dorm has an emblem of a creature resemble a female human with butterfly wings.

For the copper brown building, it is the Gnome dorm for people with an affinity to the Earth element. They have an emblem of a small humanoid creature wearing a pointed hat and holding a hammer. Lastly, the blue building is for people with an affinity for Water element. It is named Undine dorm with the emblem of a beautiful female surrounded by water.

.

.

.

.

.

In the place of registration for the new term, there are two lines of people, a long one and while the other one is visibly shorter. The long line is the line for the commoner as the people who are in the lines wearing commoner clothes. While on the other line, the people wearing clothes with velvet, lace, frills, ribbon, and other expensive accessories. Even some people wear fully clothed ones that are enchanted to be cool as this is still in the summer season.

Selina stares at the long line and sighed since it can't be avoided. The registration came with a little test to know the amount of mana that the child they registered for have. There is a tool for measuring that.

'Must be made by Finia Lelielle the alchemist from the elf country, Forestaria Allied Federation,' thought Selina.

Not long after it was Selina's turn for registration. This time she can see clearly the device that is used to measure people's amount of mana. It was in the shape of a ball reinforced by wood, likely ironwood, or golden flowered salwood as they have a reputation for hardness and specifically density that is over 1000 kg/m3 and sinks in water. The color of the wood is also light brown which made Selina's speculation truer.

"Name?" The one who asked is a woman in her thirties, likely she is one of the employees in Seraphium Royal Academy.

"Selina Hua," answered Zhihao, Selina's father.

"Birthday?"

"28th August."

After hearing the date of Selina's birthday the brick-like object in the color of black light up in green color. Selina thinks it is another one of Finia Lelielle known by the name of 'truth stone' though it looks more like a brick. It is a magic device to track if the person it was pointed to speak the truth. If the person speaks lies, the truth stone will light up in red color.

"Hello Selina, my name is Emily. Can you put your hand on top of this device to measuring your mana amount?" asked the employee.

Selina nodded and put her hand on top of the device. The device immediately fully light up in white and Emily smiled at Selina.

"A class mana amo-"

Not even completed her sentence, the device's light turned red then almost exploded if not for the fast reaction of Zhihao released Selina's hand from the device.

"…Looks like you're one of the S class for this new term." Emily looked at Selina in awe.

'S class mana amount? This is not mentioned in the game. So that means, I got a cheat from God!' Selina thought happily.

Selina can hear people murmuring behind her as this is a sign she has an abnormal amount of mana.

.

.

.

.

.

After Selina go to the registration of Seraphium Royal Academy and measured her mana amount, Selina and her father going to their home in the middle section of Seraphina City. As the daughter of the family which consists of a rich popular designer and a high-class adventurer, Selina and her brother Landon are fortunate enough to live well in the middle section of the City. Though Landon was now in Long Ya Empire, he studied abroad to become a warrior. Warriors in Long Ya Empire are equivalent to knights in Seraphium Kingdom.

Arrived at home Selina called her mother in excited tones.

"Mom! Mom! Look at my result."

"Coming down sweetie!" Selina can hear her mother's voice from the second floor where her mother's studio is located.

Finally down to the first floor, Diana asked in anticipation.

"How's the result? Do you get in?"

Selina thrust both her hands that holding an identified card for Seraphium Royal Academy in front of her mother and grinning widely.

"I'm in! I'm officially a student at Seraphium Royal Academy now. Look at this mother, my mana amount is actually in S class category!" Selina excitedly said.

When Selina told her result of mana amount to her mother, Diana stunned and turned silent. A few moments later she ran to Selina and hugging her.

"Congratulations Lina darling!" she said while stroking Selina's now short, boy-like hair.

Selina smiled widely then hugging her mother back. She is relieved of her mana amount measurement as Seraphium Royal Academy didn't receive students who are not at least in the C class category of mana amount. Mana amount in this world of Gaia is divided into six classes, from high to low are S, A, B, C, D, and E class.

"Thanks, mother," Selina said to her mother who's brought to tears by the good news from her daughter.

Diana doesn't have high mana amount, she is measured to only have a D class category of mana amount, so she was worried about her daughter. She worried that she might have passed down her mana amount to her daughter as well. She's not worried about Landon as he inherited his father's mana amount which is A class.

She worried about her only daughter, her ambition to become both alchemist and receptionist at Union Guild is not an easy feat. Even if Selina is a hard worker, she must have a talent for it too. If she inherited her mana amount then she can't go studying in Seraphium Royal Academy. In this world, children inherited the mana amount of one of their parents. This is why a noble only married another noble to keep their descendant to have talent and prestige.

Someone like Selina who has an S class mana amount despite being a child of an A and D class mana amount is very rare, even more so she is a commoner. It was like her gene mutated and the result is her S class mana amount. One year ago Diana and Zhihao can measure their daughter mana amount as children can do their first mana amount measurement test at five years old, but in the end, they didn't do it. They afraid of hurting their daughter's feelings if she knows she doesn't qualify to chase her ambition. But now, they don't have to worry anymore.

27