006. Art
1.3k 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's your name? My name is Selina. Although now I'm dressed as a boy, I am actually a girl." Selina intentionally told the truth that she was a girl to make the little girl not afraid of her. Kidnapped girls like her usually have fear of the opposite sex after the incident.

"My name is Art." The little girl said.

Her demeanor is calm like it was not the first time she was kidnapped. Selina paid attention to Art's appearance. She has light brown hair that is slightly darker than Selina's hair and blue eyes. You can't say she is a beauty but she is also not ugly. She is wearing one of the premium designs from Blooming Moon that consists of azure blue colored dress shirt decorated with lace and ribbon, vest of the same color, white pants, and light brown leather boots. This is one of the active girl's clothing designs. It means she is a noble or a rich commoner, but looking at her demeanor it seems she is from a noble family, an upper noble to be exact.

"So where is your guardian? I will escort you there. I know all the streets near Union Guild as I often come here." Selina offers her help to Art.

"You don't have to, but if you insist to escort me, I have a better thing we can do," said Art to Selina

"Better thing? Like what?" the confusing Selina asked.

"Let's go around Seraphina's middle section. Because you come here often so you must know interesting places, right?" Art answered.

Seraphina City is divided into three sections. The inner section, middle section, and outer section. The inner section is where the Royal family and upper nobles live. The middle section of Seraphina City is for lower nobles like Viscount and Baron also commoners who are rich life. And lastly, the outer section is where all commoners except for the rich one life. The main branch of the Union Guild in Seraphium Kingdom is in Seraphina City's middle section, which by the way is also the headquarter of the 10th division knights of Blue Lyre.

"Are you from the inner section?" Selina asked Art.

"En!" Art nodded as a response to Selina's question.

"Don't you have people who will worry about you?"

"It's okay, my mother has business in Union Guild so I am free to go around for a bit." Art assured Selina.

"But…"

"It's okay." Art assured Selina once more.

*Sigh*

Selina took a deep breath and finally agreed to take Art around.

"Alright. Where do you want to go first?" Selina asked.

"You're the guide so I will just follow you around," Art said with a smile.

"How about we do a street snacks tour? I brought some of my allowances with me so we can buy snacks while walking around." Selina said excitedly.

"Then I'll be in your care. Please treat me well." Art said while slightly bowed her head to Selina, her right hand positioned right above the heart. Greetings position for a nobleman.

"You don't need to bend down to greet me. That was only done by the nobleman. Isn't the correct greeting for a noblewoman is to do a curtsy?" Selina asked.

"Yes, it is true. A noblewoman only needs to bend the knees with one foot in front of the other while lifting a little of the skirt if she is wearing a skirt," Art nodded and answered Selina's question.

"So why are you greeting in the manner of a nobleman instead of a noblewoman?"

"...I forgot," Art answered after a short pause.

"Hmm ... Okay, let's start our street snack tour!" Selina said with enthusiasm.

"Un." Art nodded her head.

"How about trying that meat skewer over there first?" Selina asked Art's opinion while pointed at a stall opposite from where they're standing.

"Is that meat skewer really good?" Art asked, frowning.

"I don't know that's why we are going to try it," Selina exclaimed while smiling widely at Art.

Afterward, both of them go to the stall and bought four meat skewers, two for each. The meat skewer is made from the meat of a cow-like beast named Agelada. This beast is farmed to take its milk and meat. Agelada is the equivalent of cattle on Earth.

"It's so good. Try it, it is really good." Selina is the first from the two who tasting the meat skewer.

"…" Art finally succumbed to Selina's 'temptation' and tried her meat skewer. Once the meat goes into her mouth, Art can't stop eating her meat skewers. Not even one minute has passed, her meat skewers already gone.

"It's good, right?" Selina asked while smiled broadly.

"Ah…" Art is only let out a one-syllable response and a nod to Selina.

"Let's trying other street food, there must be some that are as tasty as this meat skewer." Selina pulled Art's hand to go somewhere else.

This time they chose to buy two lemonade glasses to get rid of the greasy taste in their mouths. After that, they went to a stall that sells cloud candy with the same ingredients and methods of making cotton candy on Earth.

After Selina and Art finished go around all snack stalls that draw their attention, they decided to go back to Union Guild's building as the sky has begun to darken. But when they will go to Union Guild, by chance they met the performance of street music players who are surrounded by a crowd. The performance of street music players is common in the middle and outer sections of Seraphina City. They playing music so people who watched them can give them money as a sense of appreciation for their music. This time Selina and Ruth met the performance of three street music players. Each of them playing the violin, trumpet, and drum as their instrument.

"Let's stay for a bit longer. I want to watch the performance," said Art.

"Okay." Selina's granted Art's request. They still have an hour before the sky completely darkens.

Not long after they watched the performance, Selina suddenly goes to the direction of street music players and request a folk song. This folk song is about a princess who was lost as a baby and finally returned to meet her true parents as an adult thanks to the help of a brave man. Selina often heard this song as a child when her mother sang this song as a lullaby. As the street music players playing the song, Selina opened her mouth and sing the song's lyrics.

"I'm still standing here with my eyes closed

Lost in my thought on how long will I be stuck here

Crying loudly in silence but no sound was heard

No one comes to help me from here."

Selina began dancing after the first verse of the song. Her movement is energetic and smooth at the same time. As a teenage girl that has dancing and singing as her hobby in her previous life, this kind of folk song is no big deal for her.

"Then one day a brave man came to this tower

He saved me and give me the freedom that I desire

His voice full of confidence and hope, but lower

He asked me, 'Do you want to get out from here?'"

As the second and last verse of the song ended, the crowd exploded in applause. Art was also in the crowd, stared at Selina's face with a look full of amazement. Selina looked back at Art shyly then walking toward her.

"Do you like it?" Selina asked Art.

"En! That's an amazing performance." Art said still with a look full of amazement at Selina's performance.

"Let's go back to Union Guild as I'm sure your mother must be worried," Selina said as she looked into the dark sky.

Afterward, Selina and Art walked back to Union Guild. There already waiting is a beautiful woman with bright golden hair and light brown eyes waiting for them. She is wearing a plain but high-quality dress.

"Hello my name is Eliana, you must be Selina, right? Thanks for taking care of Art. This is for you as payment for guiding Art around." She said while giving Selina one platinum coin.

"You don't have to, Madam. It is my own decision to guide Art around so I don't need any payment from you." Selina declines the coin politely.

Eliana smiled then said, "Okay then, Art say goodbye to Selina as we have to go home now."

Art then walking toward Selina.

"I have to go home now." Art started.

"Mm…" Selina nodded her head meaning she listening to Art's words.

"How about we make a promise to each other?" she asked Selina. Her blue eyes shining with anticipation.

"Promise? What promise?" Selina tilting her head to the left.

"Both of us will be together forever even if we are in a healthy state or even sick."

'Did she means become her friends forever? Maybe she doesn't have many friends, to begin with. I guess it's all right. She doesn't have an ill intention,' thought Selina.

"Okay, I promise." Then both of them linking their pinky fingers together to make a promise only between both of them.

27