019. Ciel
938 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who says master doesn't have a familiar, your familiar is me," said the child-like voice coming from Selina's left side.

Selina who was shocked then turned her head towards the child-like voice. Selina was not aware because she thought all familiars would appear in front of their masters, Selina's familiar instead appeared right next to Selina.

"H-Hi?" Selina said softly.

"Hello, master! What is your name, master? And please give me a name as soon as possible," said a magic beast that resembled a fox. But what distinguishes this fox from the foxes that exist on earth is that the fox has nine pure white like snow with light blue tip tails. The fox has thick, long fur that is the same color as its tail. Its eyes are blue like the sky.

"My name is Selina Hua, just call Selina or Lina. Erm... I want to ask you something, are you male or female?" Selina asked because she could not distinguish the gender of her familiar.

"I'm one hundred percent male, Master Selina," answered the Nine-Tailed Fox still cheerfully.

"Just 'Selina' is fine," said Selina.

"Alright, Selina!"

"Good," Selina said while smiling at the Nine-Tailed Fox.

'It feels like I got a little brother,' thought Selina.

"Then what about 'Ciel'?" Selina asked, changing her position to squat to match her height with the Nine-Tailed Fox.

"Ciel?" Asked the Nine-Tailed Fox, confused. He tilted his head.

'Cute...' Selina thought.

"Ciel means sky. I named you Ciel because your eyes are blue like the sky," Selina explained.

"Like the sky? I like 'Ciel'! Now my name is Ciel," said the Nine-Tailed Fox, now named Ciel, with delight.

As soon as Ciel received the name Selina gave, Selina and Ciel's bodies were covered in golden light.

"Congratulations Selina! You successfully formed a bond with a Nine-Tailed Fox. Nine-Tailed Fox is usually an A class magic beast, but I have never seen or heard of Nine-Tailed Fox which has white fur. Usually, Nine-Tailed Fox has red, orange, grey, or black fur and has an elemental affinity with Fire. So I don't know about a white fur Nine-Tailed Fox like your familiar here," Teacher Harry explained.

"I have an elemental affinity with Water and Wind. But I can also use Ice element. As far as I know, besides me, there isn't another Nine-Tailed Fox like me," said Ciel.

"Ciel is a species of Nine-Tailed Fox that is different from what you said. He is a species of Royal Nine-Tailed Fox, an S class magic beast. This is evident from the clean white fur he has. Each generation has only one Royal Nine-Tailed Fox because only after the previous Royal Nine-Tailed Fox died then the next generation Royal Nine-Tailed Fox was born from the ordinary Nine-Tailed Fox species," said Tristan who had been resting on Arthur's shoulder.

"I'm from the Royal Nine-Tailed Fox species?" Ciel asked Tristan.

"You don't know?" Selina asked in surprise and Ciel answered by shaking his head.

"Hm... It is reasonable, he doesn't know because he is young," said Tristan.

"Th-Then Selina successfully formed a master-familiar bond with an S class magic beast?" Teacher Harry asked stammering because it wasn't every day that you saw two people who formed master-familiar bonds with S class magic beasts.

"Umu." Tristan nodded his head.

"Congratulations, Lina!" Alexa hugged Selina very tightly.

"Selina!" Ciel called in surprise.

"I'm fine, Ciel. Ciel, I'll introduce you to my best friend. This is Alexa."

"Alexa, Selina's bestfriend!"

"Hello, Ciel! My name is Alexa and this is my familiar, Xavier." Alexa introduced herself and Xavier.

Xavier nodded his head and said, "Nice to meet you, Ciel. I'm the familiar of Miss Alexa, just call me Xavier."

"Nice to meet you, Xavier."

After that, all Class 1 students introduce themselves and their familiars. Teacher Harry finally joined in by calling Molly to be introduced to the Class 1 students' familiars.

"Since you have successfully summoned each of your familiars, I will now explain the familiar's space. Familiar's space is a magic that is included in the branch of space magic. Familiar's space is magic whose function is to become a temporary residence of the familiar. Like when I summoned Molly, Molly was actually in my familiar's space. "

"How do we use familiar's space?" Jackson asked.

"First of all, you have to imagine what kind of place your familiar's space is. For this stage, you should imagine a place like the original habitat of magic beasts that become your familiar. For example, I imagine my familiar's space to be similar to a lush green forest which is one of the Unicorns' habitats," explained Teacher Harry.

"Let's imagine what your familiar's natural habitat looks like, you can ask your familiar if you are unsure!"

"Ciel, before you became my familiar, what kind of place did you live in?" Selina asked Ciel.

"I used to live in a forest that has four seasons, Selina," Ciel answered. His sky-colored eyes sparkled with anticipation of the familiar's space that Selina would make for him.

'Hmm... This means that Ciel's natural habitat is similar to boreal forests that have a subarctic climate. Okay, my familiar's space is a forest that has a subarctic climate with lots of pines, spruces, and larches.' Selina imagined her familiar's space for Ciel.

"If you have imagined what kind of place your familiar's space is, then now is the time to say the spell. The spell is 'gnostós chóros'. Let's say it together," said Teacher Harry, explaining the second stage of making familiar's space.

"Gnostós chóros!" said all Class 1 students together.

"Okay, to use the magic, say 'gnostós chóros' while your right hand points to your familiar. Come on, try it."

"Gnostós chóros!" Selina said while pointing her right hand at Ciel.

*Puff*

A puff of white smoke appeared over Ciel's body and when the smoke faded, Ciel had not been there where he had stood.

"Look at Selina! Selina managed to do it. Come on, you also have to try doing it."

"Remember, if you want to call your familiars, use the synergátis spell, like when you first called your familiars," Teacher Harry said before ending the Familiar Partnership lesson that day.

.

.

.

.

.

Gaia Language which is the second lesson today is the easiest lesson for Selina. This is because the Gaia Language lessons are the same as English lessons on earth. They are taught materials such as passive voice, reported speech, question tags, conditional 'if', subjunctive, causative, ellipsis, participles, derivation, preference, relative clause, conjunction, capital, concord, word order, tenses, and others.

Of course, if this lesson is easy for Selina, then this lesson is also easy for Arthur. Throughout the class, Selina and Arthur competed to answer questions from Teacher Eliza Vough English or Teacher Eliza for short. Teacher Eliza was panicked by the two of them. This is because besides the two of them no other student can answer. After all, the question was answered first by them. This continued until Teacher Eliza finally decided to directly appoint other students to answer.

The third lesson for today is the History of Gaia. They were taught by Teacher Historia Well on how Goddess Gaia shaped this world from nothing. Gaia, who felt the universe was very empty and has no life, finally collaborated with the God of Heaven, Uranus, to create the world. The world that is still very empty is then filled with the ocean which eventually also created rivers and other bodies of water, celestial axis where the world is rotating, constellations in the sky which creates days, months, and years, the sun, and the moon, humans, other beings and creatures. Then Gaia also creates time and mana to help her creatures that live in her world. Mana is then used by humans, other beings, and creatures to create magic.

All of today's lessons finally ended at six o'clock at night and students rushed to tidy up their belongings before returning to their respective dorms.

"Synergátis!"

*Puff*

"Selina! I miss Selina even though I haven't seen you in a few hours," said Ciel, who had resized himself to the size of a kitten and jumped into Selina's arms.

"Ciel! I also miss Ciel," Selina said while hugging Ciel.

"Waaah... So that's your familiar?" Emily asked, who had just entered their room together with Emma and Alexa.

"Yes. This is Ciel, Ciel, you already know Alexa but you don't know my two other best friends. They are a pair of twins. The one with the green band is Emma and the one with the red band is Emily," Selina said, introducing Ciel to Emma and Emily.

"Emma and Emily, nice to meet you!" said Ciel happily.

"Wait, he can speak the Gaia language?" Emma asked in surprise.

"Yes, Ciel is from the Royal Nine-Tailed Fox species, an S class magic beast so he can speak the Gaia language," Selina explained.

"Oh yeah, you also got your familiars today, right? We must introduce ourselves to each other's familiars too," said Alexa.

Selina, Emma, and Emily agreed. Alexa, Emma, and Emily then called their familiars. Emma and Emily's familiar is Water Serpents, a C class magic beast. Emma and Emily gave their familiar names Vritra and Zultys, respectively. After that, they introduced themselves to each other and had dinner together at Undine dorm's cafeteria. Then they finally ended their day and slept with their respective familiars.

25