Gone like the wind
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking I made my way to a convenient store, man, was I hungry. Scavaging through my bag and picked some cash up. Mostly ten-dollar bills. Shuffling them into a stack I got up and scanned the food isle. Seeing all the snacks I reminiscent. Back to times I was a kid and would always want to grab one. Always nagging my mum. Grabbing a bar I walked over to the chips before changing my mind and grabbing some water bottles.

Walking I could see a nagging girl with her father. He seemed exhausted and tired while walking around. She seemed to get angry. The world here seemed modern with slight alterations in technology added in. The weaponry seemed way ahead. Police officers seemed to walk around with shock pistols instead of tasers and carried what also seemed to be a stun baton. Walking past the nagging family I made my way to the counter paying my food.

"Hey, man you gotta teach your child, some discipline," I stated towards him while putting my one chocolate bar and water bottle down while waiting for it to scan.

"Don't tell me how to raise my kids. Mind your own business. I know what I'm doing." He spat.

"Alright, I'm just saying," I shrugged while paying for it and picking my duffel bag and leaving.

"Hey, you look new around here what's your name?" He questioned me.

"Mind your own business," I retorted not facing back. Looking for a restaurant I made my way to what seemed to be a bakery.

"Two meat pies please," I ordered.

"That will be $8 in total thank you," She smiled. Paying for it I found many of the police officers looking at me sternly. Walking past me they did nothing. Note that I was 198cm tall and towered above everyone. Thanks to me also having muscles I was similar to a titan looking at peasants.

"What's with the look officers? Step on some dog shit?" I joked before walking away.

Looking around I found that their replacement for the internet was the ECHOnet. Looking through it, it was similar to a tablet in HUD but radio in nature. There were apps and most importantly communication. This thing was basically a phone.

Making my way to a hotel I quickly dumped all my loot and fell asleep. Awake the next day I started to think over what I was going to do. I decided this was going to be my hub world for now until could afford a space ship. This world seemed more familiar in nature and would help me adjust to the crazy technology that awaits me in the future. Knowing that a giant H in the sky was staring down a pandora I knew things were going to go down eventually but first I needed a job.

Being a butcher and baker put a bad taste in my mouth. So I decided to just look around and found myself applying to a tool shop that sold mechanic appliances with D.I.Y materials also being at the back. So basically your local Bunnings and Home depot. Working in my area I looked at the materials and prices.

"Excuse me sir but do you know where I can get some screws and pipes as well as some metal sheets?" A girl asked as I put stock in.

"Gaige!? Where are you, Gaige? Oh, there you are. You got me worried for a second." A middle-aged man sighed as he ran towards us puffed. Adjusting my name tag I continued putting my stock in.

"Isle 10 down to your left at the very end, metal sheets are on aisle 12 you'll see it when you get there," I replied.

"Thank you!" She smiled before walking away quickly.

"Dad I'm a big girl now I don't need you holding I had twenty-four-seven!" She stated now storming off in a flash.

"Good luck mate," I smiled towards him before walking off now completing my task.

***

Now moving 3 years into my vacation I decided it was time to make some moves. I now had trained my body and could confidently bench press 300 kilograms. My stamina also increased with me being able to run for quite a while. While I could have pushed myself I also trained my sword and dagger mastery. Target practice was also in order for my aim was getting rusty. Although I was immortal as Revenant it didn't mean I was durable.

My mustache grew now and looked similar to the one on the original

I decided to become a mercenary. A gun for hire. It was the best thing and only I was ever good at it. Killing people was like breathing to me. One death here and another over there. Looking through my weapons I always kept them in clean while modifying them to my liking.

I needed connections and the best thing to do was create my own website or hub for people to come. So I started my beginnings in the underground world as an enforcer and mercenary. The first-ever contract was to kill a local drug lord their identities were kept secret and so was mine. People referred me to revenant. Its a name Eden-5 would come to fear and in soon time the whole damn galaxy.

I was making waves and no one was going to stop me. Some times my client would hire me for prolonged times and would reveal their identities. This lead to more personal connection but I remained anonymous. The world doesn't need to know my face yet. They say work to you no longer have to introduce yourself. That was exactly what I was doing.

"Altair Capone sends his regards Johnny," I stated before snapping the head of my target. Killing him I walked out of the room before burning down the entire building with the rest of his guards. No one knew what I looked like they mostly talked through the phone as all cameras and recordings of me were permanently deleted. Luckily only a few situations occurred that I needed to go for a clean wipe like this. There can be no witnesses if they were all dead.

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

"You sent the money yet?" I answered the ringing phone.

"Thank you for your work again Revenant $5'000'000 has been transferred to your account. We'll call you when we need you again. Good day." The voice answered.

"Good luck to you as well," I stated before I hung up. The last word always mattered. Depending on what you say will leave a better message.

The guy I just killed? A Dahl enforcer turned crime lord Johnny smith and the man had some altercations one thing lead to the other and their interests clashed. Earning me some big cash. They say loyalty matters in this business but I wasn't a fool. Loyalty in this game was nothing but trash. Blood money was like the sea be careful how far you go before you drown. You never know when the next person Pops your head.  Some jobs were easy, some were difficult like the one I was doing now.

"Protect the package and that's it. Don't look in the container as well," He ordered which to my ruthlessness ignored. Looking inside my morality clashed again. Children were being escorted and by the markings, on their bodies, they were going to be sold.

Checking my bank account I started contemplating what to do. I got Six hundred million dollars in my account. What to do what to do. Screw it. Time to activate operation Legend. Over this year my blade evolved from all the killings and now looked similar to an actual sword but with a slight curve like a knife and was slowly turning into a cross by the shape.

Operation Legend was an operation to make my name a legend. It was time to disappear because I now had a space ship. With fuel enough to power it for a million years which was an exaggeration. Escorting the package I planted explosions around where I was supposed to drop the package before dropping the kids off at random orphanages where I gave each enough money for them to survive on. Flying away I heard random frequencies as I played through it.

"This is Jack from the Hyperion station I'm currently... Attacked! By some crazy space dudes and I really need some help. Just signal back a yes if you are on your way *Bang*." Jack stated exhausted.

Hyperion aye? The big H. It seems I 'm going to have to go back to pandora.

*Clink*

Welp lets go see what our good old employer is up to. Hopefully, he doesn't die when I get to him. I wonder how General Knoxx is up to. I still owe him that favor...

1