Exposed (2)
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reaching Concordia the trio walked quietly none making a single comment or conversation. Reaching the entrance they were met with jack and Janey springs who looked delighted seeing Athena less with Dracule and Claptrap.

"Say who's the Junk rat?" Jack asked seeing Janey and Athena conversing/

"Just an associate we met along the way. Though I have reason to suspect that Athena and Janey are trying to reach another step if you know what I mean," Dracule explained before turning to Claptrap.

"Hey, claptrap could you get me some Popcorn? I'll go get some polish," Dracule stated slapping his Transmitter on the elevators system.

"What do you need Popcorn and Polish for?" Jack asked confused.

"I'm feeling kinda hungry and the polish is a surprise for Claptrap," Dracule stated before walking off to shops and looking around.

"Hold up. We still need to get to the Meriff he might escape!" Jack argued.

"Escape? He ain't going anywhere I locked his front door. He's stuck up there." Dracule smiled.

"Say jack before I got I was wandering what happend to Elpis? Things dont just crack like an egg," Dracule asked.

"Well from my report's this was Dahl's old mining project. Things went south and they abandoned all their equipment here. Bandits took refuge in them," Jack explained.

"Just like Pandora, huh," Dracule replied.

"Just like Pandora," Jack answered with a solemn sigh.

Dracule going to a hardware store bought some polish and scrubs before grabbing a few paint cans. Moving to another isle he also bought a permanent marker and hat. Walking back to the meetup spot Claptrap stood there with a bag of popcorn and a large soda.

"Hey, Claptrap. Thanks for waiting for me. Aye, you got the popcorn, wait, how'd you get the drink. How'd you get that I only gave you enough for a small popcorn that popcorn also seems pretty large for a small popcorn." Dracule smiled and confused at how Claptrap seemed to grab the mass of food.

"It took some convincing but I somehow got it," Claptrap stated look straight at claptrap. Dracule turning his head saw claptrap have massive scratches on the side of his body.

"Don't lie to me claptrap where'd you get the money," Dracule lamented.

"Well, since your my best friend I wanted to give you the best and so I asked around..." Claptrap cheered.

"Oh, you big dummy. You don't have to get hurt for me. come here I got something special for you too," Dracule smiled.

"Whoever patience you sure didn't give you a proper cleaning," Dracule explained showing claptrap his stash of goods.

*Cough*

"You alright Jack?" Dracule asked Jack.

"Yeah, its nothing," Jack spluttered scratching his head.

"Say what does Meriff mean anyway?" Dracule asked.

"It means Sheriff and mayor mixed together it sounded better in his head," Jack explained.

"Oh, alright," Dracule answered before refocusing on Claptrap.

"Well anyway since no one bothered to clean you Claptrap, I'll do it. You got some mean scratches on your sides. I'm gonna need you to stay still while I work around you," Dracule explained before grabbing a water bucket and cleaning claptrap.

"Hey jack. Go take a drink or something we'll meet here in an hour or two. Beside's the more we take the more time he'll have to think about what he's gonna say. No need to rush. If her tells us what we need to know then its a done deal besides you need to take a break, man. Getting shot at all the time isn't good for your mental health. Go take a breather. Take a break, trust me." Dracule ordered before focusing back onto Claptrap. After washing him he started drying then continued to do his maintenance on Claptrap which took about two hours.

"And... We're done. Well would you look at that you look like a fine gentleman if I ever saw one," Dracule smiled seeing the sparkling claptrap with his brand new coating of paint and Hat.  (AN: Fedora)

"Here's a Mirror to see your self," Dracule smiled.

"I LOOK HANDSOME! Thank you," Claptrap thanked hugging Dracule who only smiled in response.

"Getting touchy now, come on let's go. I'll go get Jack while you go get Athena." Dracule ordered before making his way to Moxxi's bar where Jack sulked drinking all by himself distant from everyone.

"Hey bot, get me your best non-alcoholic beverage. Don't worry about the cost," Dracule ordered before making his way to Jack who seemed anxious and tired.

"What's with the long face? You look like a man who's lost everything," Dracule joked.

"Here's your drink sir Unicorn Spit. That will be $250," The bot served.

"Here you go," Dracule said giving the bot the money and refocusing to Jack.

"Come on, what's with the depressed look?" Dracule asked once again.

"Everything," He replied leaning back.

"Everything? That ain't really specific but whatever you are going through don't worry too much about it. Everything comes to an end eventually. Just know if you need any mental help I'm here. It may not be much coming from me but just know you got someone here who's willing to help. Come on let's go we're all meeting up now. The Meriff's got some answers that need explaining," Dracule declared getting up and making his way to the Merrif's elevator.

Everyone getting in silently moved up. Athena glared at claptrap who now look fresh while Jack looked ahead determined. Reaching up Alarms instantly blared.

*INTRUDER ALERT*

Coming out instantly was tens of Bandits rushing towards the gang. Athena seeing the hail of bullets protected claptrap and jack. Dracule seeing it only flicked his blade slicing the blades in half while casually moving forward.

"If this is all you have for protection Meriff then I'm quite disappointed," Dracule ridiculed. Claptrap seeing Dracule rush forward pushed behind him. Blaring his rifle Claptrap would peak occasionally blasting away behind Dracule who only focused on blocking the bullets.

"Good job claptrap," Dracule praised before seeing multiple turrents flare up with shields.

"Fucking hell, shields," Dracule muttered before swinging horizontally with vigor destroying the turrets instantly. Suddenly a large Bandit at 244cm rushed towards Dracule with his hatchet.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Claptrap joked before shooting his knee caps. Now on his knees Dracule Decapitated his head clean off. His blood flicking onto the wall. Grabbing the decapitated head he continued.

"Nice assist," Dracule complemented before kicking the bandit's body down. Reaching the Meriff's office they saw him panicking while sitting behind his desk.

Dracule going near the electric door stared dead eye into the Meriifs face before chucking the decapitated head into the electric door exploding it into dust. Pulling his echo device out Dracule opened the door letting Jack in.

"I'll stay out here with claptrap you and Athena can go in. I trust you won't need my services for this exact moment," Dracule explained loudly.

"Jack! Jackie you should've said you were in town. Haha. You should have said so!" The Meriff laughed nervously.

"What's that smell? Anyway, I traced the signal that's been jamming Helio's system's guess what? It came from right here. Your office." Jack spat crossing his arms.

"Signal?" The Merrif asked confused.

"Sig-nal," Jack repeated.

"She made me do it," The Meriff cried.

"Where did she come from. And please, lie to me, I really want you to lie to me. My buddy back there really wants to get a hold of yah and trust me I'm the only one keeping you alive right now." Jack explained.

"I, I, I don't know. What are you gonna do to me?" The Merrif stuttered.

"Pfff- Nothing! I was just messing with you. Get the hell out of here. Dracule it's alright leave the guy alone. He's got a lot on his plate anyway." Jack replied before turning around and making his way to the data board in the middle of the office.

"So anyway I think I found a way to get back control of Helio's by-," Jack explained.

*Bang*

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*

Turning around Jack saw the Meriff with a revolver out aimed towards him. Realizing he had missed the Meriff huddled his arms to his head.

"I surrender!" He shouted. Jack seeing his Betrayal snapped a wave of anger drowned in depression rising up. Raising his hands towards him he shot.

"AAAAAAAARH! To think I was gonna let you live! you DUMB BASTARD! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jack spat firing seven blasts directly into the Meriff's chest. Killing him. Athena watching from the sideline only looked in shock as she slowly processed the few seconds that pasted. Dracule coming in saw the dead body of the Meriff and frowned.

"Woooooooooah. That was... Invigorating!Okay, yeah." Jack continued making his way towards the Meriff's desk.

"What just happened?"Claptrap asked.

"The Meriff Betrayed us," Athena explained.

"Wrong," Dracule stated leaning on the doorway.

"What do you mean?" Athena asked confused.

"You have to trust someone to be betrayed. I never did. The correct term would be he betrayed youse," Dracule stated pulling out a bottle of Unicorn spit and drinking it.

"Fruity," He muttered.

"Where was I? I- oh, Right, my awesome master plan, taking the fight to Helio's is gonna need an army... so we make one. Head down to that friend of yours. Spring was her name? Yeah. She and I were discussing something before I went into Moxxi's bar. I'll explain on the way. I'm gonna stay here and go through The Meriff's stuff," Jack explained before diving into the Meriff's computer.

"Homework file? The hell does he need one. Dio.exe? The hell." Jack muttered as he sifted through the Meriffs files.

0