03 Cursed Kin
2.2k 8 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up... Again, apparently there were more lizards, I mean obviously someone would have laid the eggs, but for all I know it could be like turtles who bury their eggs and are done with it.

Now back to the point, it seems I'm not a dragon, the adults of my kind are more like scaly humanoids, I'll call them kobold for now.

Larger than me, having on average 150cm, long horns, teeth coming out of their jaws similar to crocodiles, like the other kids most of them have green scales. Well, except for one of them, the oldest.

Using feathers of some type of bird on his head, with skulls of small animals binded on his clothes, fragmented and fading scales showing signs of what i assume old age, with a staff made of wood and bones that make him look like some kind of shaman or leader, he was the only one with black scales.

The adults entered the cave where the eggs stood, yes we are in a wet and dark cave, but as strange as it may seem the darkness of the cave did not stop me from seeing around.

'Maybe I have night vision of some sort?' I thought.

The adults started to take the... Koboldlings? From inside the broken eggs and put them together on the ground.

That was until they saw me.
Being the only one with red scales and having a slightly long tail for my size, they were looking at me with expressions of what seemed to be terror and hatred.

On second thought I might be wrong here, after all lizards don't have much of a facial expression you know, with the lizard face and everything, maybe they're happy? Or so I thought, until black scales said two words.

"Cursed kin!"

 

59