04 Are Caterpillars Tasty?
2.2k 10 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The adults took us to another room, what looked like a small cave was actually a large cluster of caves each with their own function. 'Heh. Kobolds are more organized than expected.' I thought.

Following the adults to a large area, I could sense from time to time the glances they gave me, fear, hatred, uneasiness, different views, but they all meant same thing. That I wasn't welcome there.

In the new area, there were already other koboldlings, the adults left us alone in the new cave, as compared to the nest it was a bigger area, on the walls you could see tree roots and some bugs that the other kobolds were eating.

As my group had just arrived, it attracted attention from the others. You know that feeling of the first day at school when you know you don't want to be there and yet you have to be so you do everything cant to spend the day gathering as little attention as possible? Now imagine you are a giant red lizard in a sea of greens, yeah you are fucked.

But contrary to what I expected apparently I wasn't the only one of a different colour, the vast majority was still green yes, but I could see some black, blue and as amazing as it sounds even gold. 'Man, I bet that guy is a douche, only a douche would be made of gold, Its not like I'm jealous of him, not at all.

As it seems adults won't interfere with the kids, I now that i don't have a say in this, but putting kids who just have been born, togheter in a locked room without being under supervision, it's just a bad idea.

As if working like a charm, soon something happens. 'Huh!? Looks like I jinxed it.' I thought.

A few kids have joined together to bully a small one, the few adults who are watching do nothing, I think they're here just to keep us from leaving.

'Like i thought keeping kids like this it's just bad parenting 101' I mentally sigh.
'Guess I'll have to do something to calm things down, man that's just like school all over again, I have some bad memories about that.'

I approached the boys 'The biggest one in the middle seems to be the leader, the other two just seem to be following the flow'. I thought. 'As for the little one on the ground, uh!?'

White, perhaps albino? I had not seen this one yet, I think he arrived after my group.

"Did you really think you could eat here weakling!?" Their leader spoke holding some kind of caterpillar in his hand. " Those bugs are mine, this is my territory now so you better pay tribute. "

"Yo... you got no right to it, I got it first, that's mine." The albino replied.

'What beautiful voice I guess is a girl then? Maybe that's why she doesn't have horns, I thought it was just because she was little kid.'

"Hold the weakling, time to teach her a lesson in showing respect to the strong." the leader said.

'Oops, I guess I think too much, time to act.'

" Whoah, hold your horses down, mi amigo." I said, stepping in the middle of them.

"W... what?" The leader flinched with the unexpected intervention.

"What's a horse?" Asked Goon number one.

"Mi... mi am, i, go?" Asked number two.

'They're not very clever, are they?' I thought. "Sorry, man, but that's not your caterpilar, so why you don't give back to the girl and we'll leave at that." I said.

"Humpf! You just want it for yourself, don't think you can fool me, get him, boys." The leader said, with the other two immediately rushing at me.

Look, honestly I've never been much of a fighter, but I was bullied a lot in my former human life, so I had to adapt an learned a bit of Brazilian jujitsu for self-defense, but even if I didn't, I don't think I'd lose to those guys, I mean, they just hatched from their eggs that means they don't know anything about fighting.
I just swept their feet with my fucking awesome new tail, and both goons had fallen to the hard ground, the leader seeing this panicked and quickly ate the caterpillar.
'what a dick.'                                                                                                                               

"No... my food!" The albino cried with tears in her eyes.

The moment I looked at her the goons got up and quickly escaped, with the leader quikly folowing behind. 'Huh? I guess that's it then'. I sighed, as I thought that.

"Are you okay, little girl?" I asked the albino girl while smiling, or at least trying to? It's hard to smile with a lizard face.

"Yo... you, what did you do that for, my... my food." The girl said with tears in her eyes. "Damn, you owe me food, don't think I'm gonna forget this!" She said running away.

"...The fuck!?" So much for helping her out I guess.

And like that, my second day on the cave 

Have come to an end.

 

59