17 The Dwarf Incident!
925 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm happy to help you my Teacher, and of course your excellencies of the Council."
The golden idiot said.
"As a future member of the Council it is my duty to denounce this evil character that has put our entire clan at risk and al..."

"You are not part of the clan yet, and certainly not of the Council, not until you complete the hunter trials and earn your name boy."
Said Shade dryly staring at the chatterbox and his pupil.
"Do you really think it's appropriate to use your pupil as a witness, Moss?"

"And what's the problem, Shade?"
Said the chatterbox Moss, showing his crocodile teeth in a broad smile surrounded by his green scales worn out with age.
"My pupil, is a victim, and was almost killed because of this Cursed Kin, it's more than fair that he testifies against his offender."

"Very well."
Shade gave a winning smile also showing his teeth that could break bones with one bite.
"But don't say I didn't give him any way out, Moss."

Moss seemed reluctant for a moment, but immediately returned to normal. "Humpt! Your bluff won't work on me, Shade."

"Dear council elders, my pupil here today has witnessed the crimes of this... Cursed Kin." The elder continued. "Go ahead son, tell them everything you saw."

"Y-yes, dear teacher!"
The golden douche began.
"I saw him as the guardian with my own eyes..."

"Now you have seen esteemed elders, the witness confirms it, the evidence is irrefutable, the Cursed Kin is guilty and should be punished..."
Moss interrupted his apprentice and continued laughing as if he had already won. "Never a crime of such proportion among the youngest was seen, as expected of a Cursed Kin. Esteemed elders I ask you not to treat this... monster as a child, he is alive less than a week and look what this monster have already done..."

[Oh I've seen this before... where I've seen this before...]
'Uh?'

"Objection!"
Shade screamed immediately interrupting Moss.
"The ancestral laws do not allow the execution of a child, Cursed Kin or not!"

"You can't protect him Shade, the evidence is clear!" Moss rebutted with a triumphant look.

[I've really seen this before...]
'What are you going on about?'

"It is? Why don't we ask the witness then?"
Shade gave a little smile and turned to the golden douche.
"Boy, what were you doing and why were you on the guardian's land... Remember that if you lie in front of the Council you will be punished."

"I-I was... hunting..."
The golden idiot answered, and his teacher got pale, looking Shade with terror in the eye.

"And did you see Cursed Kin killing the guardian... or rather provoking the guardian with you very own eyes? Or was he already infuriated running towards you?" Shade kept looking at Moss with a face like 'I warned you'.

"I-I... I..." the golden douche trembled without knowing what to do, pleading for help with his eyes at his already pale teacher.

"Lords of the Council, obviously the guardian had already been provoked, provoked by the very witness who was hunting his offspring."
Shade continued without giving time for the golden idiot to explain himself.
"Furthermore, there is no evidence to prove that a young kin who has not even had week of life would be able to kill the guardian, guardian that a lot of our warriors would never succeed to hurt by fighting alone, the accusations against the young Cursed Kin are unfounded and the real culprit is here as a witness trying to get rid of his own blame!"

Moss was completely white at this point... but he remembered something.
"No evidence you say?"
He tried to calm down, but he couldn't, this was his last card.
"Yes, we have evidence, someone who was there when the guardian was killed. Enter the next witness!"

Everyone slowly turned towards the entrance of the room where a small white silhouette entered accompanied by the two adults guarding the door.

[Ha! That's it, this is just like the dwarf incident!]

24